Managing your notifications
When you sign up, you can choose to receive promotional and policy notifications, and add a phone number to get certain phone and text notifications.
Types of notifications
- Messages: Communication from Hosts or guests
- Reminders and suggestions: Reservation reminders, helpful tips to improve your trip, and other messages related to your activities on Airbnb
- Promotions and tips: Coupons, promotions, surveys, product updates, and inspiration from Airbnb and its partners
- Policy and community: Updates on home-sharing laws and advocacy efforts in your community
- Account support: Messages about your account, trips, legal updates, security and privacy info, and customer support requests
Choose how you get alerts
You can choose how you’d like to receive your alerts in your notification settings. Options include: phone calls, texts, push notifications to your Airbnb app, or emails.
Turning off notifications
You can turn off most notifications in your notification settings. You can also:
- Text (SMS): Reply STOP. To start receiving them again, reply START
- Emails: Click Unsubscribe in Promotions and tips or Policy and community email
- Push: Go to your mobile or tablet settings and turn off push notifications for the Airbnb app
- Phone: Ask the caller to remove you from the Airbnb call list
Receiving important info
There are some important notifications that can’t be turned off. You don’t want to miss notifications about:
- Account activity
- Legal updates
- Security and privacy notices
- Customer service requests
In some circumstances, such as if we can’t reach you by email, we may need to contact you by phone or in some other way.
Airbnb's postal address: 888 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA 94103
- How-to•GuestLogin notificationsWhen you log in to your account from a new device, we’ll send the last trusted device a notification to confirm that it was you.
- How-to•HostRespond to a requestYou have 24 hours to accept or decline a trip request before it expires.
- How-to•GuestMissing email notificationsYou might miss an email notification if your account has an incorrect email address or outdated notification settings.