How do I know if my experience is suitable for children?
To help decide if your experience is suitable for children, consider these questions:
- Will younger guests be able to physically participate? For example, a strenuous hike might not be possible for a 5-year-old.
- Is there any adult content presented during your experience by you or someone else, such as swearing or sexual references?
- Will you be going to a venue that has age restrictions?
- Will you or anyone else be serving alcohol?
- Do your other guests know that children will be attending?
For a more complete list of child safety risks and tips, visit Safe Kids Worldwide’s website.
Update your experience listing description
To specify if your experience is suitable for guests under 18:
- Go to List your trip on airbnb.com and choose an experience
- Click Guest requirements
- Under Minimum age, click the dropdown menu and select how old guests need to be to attend your experience
- Click Save and continue
Only individuals who are 18 or over can make reservations, but they’ll be able to book additional spots for guests that meet your minimum age requirement, if they’re the child’s legal guardian. You have the option of letting children and infants under 2 attend for free or for the regular cost of participating.
Communicate with parents and guardians
When a parent or guardian books a spot on your experience for a younger guest, try sending them a message with tips that can help them plan.