Guests have contacted you about your place, and that’s good! Encourage them to book by sending a pre-approval. They’ll have 24 hours to confirm their reservation. Once they do, you’re both set.
To pre-approve a guest:
- Go to your Inbox
- Click message from the guest
- Click Pre-approve
If a guest hasn’t accepted a pre-approval or your situation has changed, follow the steps above and select Withdraw pre-approval.
Things to know
- Your listing’s calendar is still marked as available when you pre-approve a guest.
- You can offer multiple guests a pre-approval for the same dates. Just let each guest know that there are other people interested in booking. Once the space is filled, other guests will be automatically notified.
- Once a pre-approval expires, the guest will need to send another request to book. This will be for the same price as the original pre-approval. If you want to change the price, you need to retract your original pre-approval.
- Pre-approvals do not override your reservation requirements.
- Pre-approvals can only be sent for the date range of the guest's enquiry.
- Pre-approval and special offer reservations won't apply for promotions.
Unblock your calendar
If you don't see the option to pre-approve a guest, it means that your calendar is blocked for some or all of the guest’s reservation dates. Try editing your calendar to show that your listing is available.