Add a guidebook to your listing
Can’t be there to give your guests the local tour? Take a few minutes to create a guidebook – it’s a great way to win over travellers.
Once you’ve completed the steps to list your place, you can suggest your favourite restaurants, shops, parks, and attractions.
Creating or editing a guidebook
Only primary Hosts can create and edit the guidebook. Here’s how:
- Go to your Listings and select a listing
- Click or tap Info for guests and go to Pre-booking details
- Next to Guidebooks, click or tap Edit
- Click or tap Create
- From here, you can edit the title and cover and choose which listings this guidebook is associated with
- Click or tap Add to guidebook and you'll be prompted to enter places, neighbourhoods, and city advice
- Follow the prompts and when you've finished, click Done
Host guidebooks are public and everyone on Airbnb can read them. You can also Share to make your guidebook accessible outside the Airbnb website or even click Preview & print for a hard copy to leave for guests.
Host recommendations in neighbourhood guides
Your recommendations may appear in our neighbourhood guides, which provide a detailed picture of what guests can do in that city. The best part? Your recommendation will include a link to your guidebook and listing.
We use algorithms to determine the most interesting content created around each location, based on informativeness, uniqueness, and representation of the place.
Note: Not all places have a neighbourhood guide. The best way to create one is to expand your own Host guidebook with your recommendations.
- How-to•HostAdding house rules to a listingHosts share their house rules to set expectations with their guests, such as permission to bring pets or have visitors.
- How-to•HostHow should I talk to my landlord about hosting on Airbnb?Let your landlord know how Airbnb is a community built on trust, with trust and safety resources. We have some tips to help you both get on …
- How-to•HostWhat should I consider when offering internet access to guests?If you add internet or wireless internet as an amenity, your listing will show when people search or filter for places with internet.