How can I take great photos of my listing?
Before taking photos of your space, take some time to arrange everything as if you were preparing to welcome your first guest. Your photos should both showcase your space and help set your guests’ expectations before they book.
Here are some tips for taking high-quality photos:
- Add a variety of photos: To help guests understand what it’s like to stay in your space, take photos of the inside, outside, and neighbourhood of your listing.
- Resolution matters: Take photos that are at least 1024 x 683px. When in doubt, a bigger photo is better.
- Take your photos in landscape format: Photos in search results are all displayed in landscape, so vertical photos won’t showcase your space as well.
- Set the scene: Clean up and remove clutter to make your space look spacious and inviting.
- Take photos during the day: Open the blinds and turn on the lights to brighten your space.
- Highlight unique amenities: Guests love to stay in spaces with character, so call attention to details like a fireplace, artwork, or treehouse.
- Showcase accessibility features: Emphasise features that are helpful to guests with limited mobility, such as wide doorways, step-free floors, and grab rails. Learn more about which features qualify and the best way to photograph them.
To learn more about how you can get professional photography for your listing, visit our professional photography page.