What is a hosting team?
A hosting team may be a business or team of people that manages places to stay on behalf of the owner or renter. Depending on which services they provide, a hosting team may manage the listing and reservations online, by setting pricing or messaging guests, for example. The team may also manage the offline experience by meeting guests at check-in or scheduling property maintenance. If you're interested in using a hosting team, we can match you with a team with whom we've partnered. Learn more about hosting services in your area.
Anyone who has a listing on Airbnb can invite their existing hosting team to access and manage their listings on Airbnb on their behalf.
Services a hosting team may provide
Depending on the hosting services the team offers, here are some ways a hosting team may help manage your listing:
- Get the space guest-ready. A hosting team may arrange for new photography and suggest changes to make the place ready for guests.
- Manage listing details, pricing, and the calendar. Hosting teams can review and edit listing descriptions, photos, nightly price, and availability. They can also add things like seasonal pricing and weekly discounts.
- Message and review guests. A hosting team can message guests using their own Airbnb account, and will appear to the guest as a named member of the hosting team. When a hosting team writes a review, guests are shown the listing owner’s name as the author. If guests have an issue during their stay, the hosting team can communicate with them and fix the problem.
- Manage reservations. A hosting team can manage the listing owner’s reservation settings and accept or decline reservation requests.
- Welcome guests in person. Members of a hosting team can greet guests in person, give them a tour of the space, and answer questions about the place and neighbourhood.
- Provide cleaning and maintenance. A hosting team can arrange cleaning and maintenance services for the place.
- Get help from Airbnb. If there’s an issue with a reservation or guest, a hosting team can contact Airbnb to work on a resolution. However, hosting teams can't open or manage Resolution Centre requests.
Listing owner access and permissions
When you share a listing with a hosting team, you retain some control over who has access to your listing and info:
- Manage taxpayer and payout info. No one else is shown your taxpayer and payout details.
- Deactivate your listing. Only you can deactivate your listing to permanently remove it from search.
- Add and remove hosting team access to your listing. You can remove access to your listing at any time. We recommend checking with your hosting team before taking this action.