Palm-lined estate with casitas near downtown
12 guests · 6 bedrooms · 6 bathrooms
City of Palm Springs ID#: 3733
This stunning, six-bedroom Palm Springs villa pays exquisite tribute to its legendary namesake, Harold Lloyd, who along with Charlie Chaplin, was one of the biggest stars of the silent film era in America. The first home owned by a Hollywood celebrity in this California oasis, it became a forerunner of the Movie Colony of which it remains a crown jewel. Its beautiful design and décor, along with photographs from Lloyd's personal collection, create the ideal ambience for recreating Old Hollywood opulence with your family and friends.
The Estate comprises three houses—a Main House and two Casitas—situated on more than one acre of beautifully landscaped property with lush lawns and hundred-year-old Tamarisk trees. An outdoor terrace of elegant tile surrounds a saltwater swimming pool and hot tub, with views of the surrounding hills. The poolside kitchenette with bar is perfect for serving hors d'oeuvres and cocktails, while the alfresco dining table invites you to delicious feasts as the nearby fire pit casts its warmth and glow.
The villa's interior celebrates Lloyd's unrivaled legacy as an actor, photographer, and pioneer of 3d imagery. His photograph of Marilyn Monroe, 3d images of modernist architects such as Frey, Wright, and Mies, and a portrait of Lloyd himself are among the many icons that grace the walls. This veritable shrine to modernist genius complements the villa's breathtaking, 1920s décor. Multiple sumptuous lounges and fireplaces, ample living spaces, an elegant dining table, and a fully equipped kitchen with breakfast table set the stage for peaceful mornings and unforgettable nights.
The Main House incudes the master suite, with king bed and his and hers ensuite bathrooms, along with a second bedroom, with queen bed. The first Casita features two queen bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and a shared kitchenette, while the second Casita has a king bedroom with ensuite bathroom. The bedrooms and bathrooms' décor and furnishings are in perfect harmony with the villa's gorgeous aesthetic.
Located across from the Cary Grant Estate only a five-minute walk from downtown Palm Springs, the Lloyd Estate is perfectly situated for enjoying culture, nature, and sport in the California desert. The Moorten Botanical Garden and the Mesquite Golf and Country Club are both eight minutes away, while Indio, home of the Coachella Festival Grounds and Indian Wells, is an easy drive away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, His and hers ensuite bathrooms with stand-alone steam shower & 2 bathtubs, Dual Vanity, 2 Walk-in Closets with safes, Television, Sonos sound system, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Access to hall bathroom with stand-alone shower, Walk-in closet with safe, Television, Sonos sound system, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (or 2 Twin size beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Walk-in closet, Television, Air conditioning, Direct access to terrace
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Dual Vanity, Fireplace, Television, Air conditioning, Direct access to terrace, Access to shared kitchenette
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and Japanese bathing tub, Fireplace, Television, Air conditioning, Direct access to terrace, Access to shared kitchenette
- Bedroom 6: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual Vanity, Full kitchenette, Television, Air conditioning, Direct access to back yard
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Ice maker
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Media room
- Flat screen television
- Apple TV
- Sonos sound system
- Gas fireplace
- Air conditioning
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Backyard terrace
- Saltwater swimming pool - heating at extra cost
- Saltwater hot tub - heating at extra cost
- Outdoor kitchenette
- Alfresco dining with seating for 12
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun loungers
- Fire pit
- Gated home
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Private chef
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Spa services
- Laundry service
Points of Interest
- 5 minute walk to Downtown Palm Springs
- 8 minute drive to Moorten Botanical Garden
- 8 minute drive to Mesquite Golf & Country Club
- 10 minute drive to Indian Canyons Golf Resort
- 10 minute drive to Escena Golf Club
- 14 miles to Palm Desert
- 23 miles to Indio
- 25 miles to Coachella Festival Grounds
- 40 miles to Joshua Tree National Park
- 5 minute drive to Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 10 people
Sonos sound system
+ 7 more
Palm Springs, CA
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.