The View at Old Las Palmas
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4.5 bathrooms
The cool, colorful glamour of Palm Springs in the ’60s is alive and very well at this custom-built California ranch. Socialite and philanthropist Jeannette Edris Rockefeller lived and entertained at this mid-century classic, and Hollywood filmed scenes in the movie Cat City here. Walk or bike down quiet streets to shopping and dining along Palm Canyon Drive.
The villa’s nearly 5,000 square feet of space are laid out around a backyard made for entertaining, with panoramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains and tall hedges for privacy. Sip a drink in one of the loungers by the saltwater pool and hot tub, and heat up the barbecue in the outdoor kitchen for an alfresco dinner. Cozy up to the outdoor firepit on cool desert nights or move the party inside to the wet bar and pool table.
Walls of windows and high ceilings bring the mountain views and desert sunshine into the open-plan living areas. Mid-century furniture, meanwhile, and a fresh blue and green color scheme brings retro cool to the living area, dining area, and a fully equipped kitchen with a breakfast bar. The vintage-chic vibe continues in 3 main-house bedrooms and 1 in a casita with its own kitchenette.
From the villa’s setting in the Old Las Palmas neighborhood, it’s less than 5 miles to shopping and dining in the heart of Palm Springs, 2 golf courses, and the views from the Mount San Jacinto tramway.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Direct access to terrace & pool
- Bedroom 3 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with television, Rain Shower, Dual Vanity, Jetted Tub, Walk-in Closet, Television, Fridge, Direct access to terrace & pool
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Walk-in Closet, Television, Kitchenette, Direct access to terrace & pool
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Breakfast table
- Double oven
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Cable Television
- Sound System
- Wet Bar
- Gas Fireplace
- Apple TV
- Central Air conditioning
- Washer & Dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Pool table
- Grand piano
- Saltwater swimming pool - heating included
- Hot tub - heating included
- Alfresco dining with seating for 12 over 2 tables
- Outdoor Kitchen
- Fire pit
- Gated property
- Sun loungers
- Ping Pong table
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 0.7 miles to Palm Springs VillageFest
- 1.8 miles to Moorten Botanical Garden
- 2.1 miles to Whitewater Country Club
- 2.3 miles to Mesquite Golf & Country Club
- 3.4 miles to Indian Canyons
- 3.6 miles to Mount San Jacinto
- 3.6 miles to Aerial Tramway
- 9.4 miles to Palm Desert
- 16 miles to Coachella Festival Grounds
- 23.3 miles to Joshua Tree National Park
- 2 miles to Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 12 people
Ping pong table
+ 1 more
Bar with built-in sink
+ 2 more
+ 9 more
Palm Springs, CA
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.