Morukuru Farm House
10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5 bathrooms
This exclusive vintage 5-bedroom farmhouse enjoys a peaceful setting on South Africa’s Madikwe Game Reserve. Ideal for family groups or social events, Morukuru Farm House can comfortably accommodate up to 10 guests. A personal chef, butler, babysitting service, ranger and tracker make up your team of private staff who will take care of every detail of your schedule if you wish. Of course you’re free to follow – or abandon – your own plans too. It’s a vacation after all!
Ask your butler to prepare your morning espresso or fix you a freshly-squeezed juice while you indulge in a moment’s contemplation on the poolside terrace. How many of the ‘big five’ will you spot today on your personalized safari? Perhaps this is the day for plugging in your iPod and lounging by the heated infinity pool. Or selecting a book with an intriguing title from the well-stocked library shelves indoors and settling on the breeze-cooled verandah overlooking the garden.
The designers of Morukuru Farm House have mastered indoor/outdoor living. Locally sourced materials and eco furnishings are beautifully offset by subtle lighting and tall glass windows and sliding doors. Spacious air-conditioned open-plan living and dining rooms lead effortlessly onto several patios, inviting you to sit and absorb the peaceful environment. Dining options abound and your personal chef is ready to cook up a storm for you. Take your place at the indoor family dining table which can seat up to 10, gather around the fire in the boma or enjoy a delicious feast by candlelight on the patio.
At the end of a long day spent tracking wild animals, it’s a pleasure to retire to a comfortable bedroom. This modern light-bathed farmhouse has five of them, all bedecked with twin beds, deluxe en-suite bathrooms with freestanding tubs and alfresco showers. Ask your private babysitting service to take care of the kids while you sit back in a well-cushioned chair on your own verandah and savor some time out.
Whether you relish the prospect of seeing lions, elephants and rhino in their natural environment, or just want to bolster your photo collection, there’s plenty to do outside of the game reserve. Ask your staff to arrange an excursion to the local water park, golf course or book a spa treatment (extra costs apply). The nearest airport is 4 hours’ drive and return transfers are included.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Safe
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Safe
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Safe
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Safe
- Bedroom 5: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Safe
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area
- Cable television
- DVD player
- Media room
- Wi-Fi access
- Fitness equipment upon request
- Baby equipment
- Laundry facility
- Child friendly
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Heating system
- Swimming pool - unheated
- Alfresco shower
- Alfresco bathtub
- Alfresco dining
- Charcoal barbecue
- Fenced in property within game reserve
STAFF & SERVICES
- Chef (all meals included)
- Local house wines & local spirits
- Room service
- Daily housekeeping
Included activities (one guided activity in the morning & one guided activity in the afternoon is included):
- Guided marine walks
- Guided fynbos walks & hikes
- Guided mountain biking
- Guided 4x4 nature drives
- Land based whale watching
- Beach games - volleyball, cricket, croquet
- Children's activities (kite making)
- Picnic on the beach
At Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Spa treatment
- Boat trip
- Whale watching by helicopter
- Babysitting service
- 84 km to Gaborone
- 92 km to Sir Seretse Khama International Airport (GBE)
- 152 km to Sun City
- 396 km to O.R. Tambo International Airport (JNB)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 1 more
+ 18 more
Madikwe Game Reserve, South Africa
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.