Classic villa on a Tuscan hilltop
19 guests · 8 bedrooms · 8.5 bathrooms
Villa Contea is a magnificent country house located in arguably the most picturesque setting of Italy—Val d’Orcia, Tuscany. The setting features the gentle rolling hills and fragrant wine country for which Tuscany is so famous. Set on a private piece of land, this area was the setting for the Oscar award-winning movie The English Patient as well as the stunning panoramic country scenes from Gladiator.
Alfresco dining is a delight at Villa Contea in the large, covered dining area. This outdoor dining area features a stone barbeque and overlooks a garden with an amazing infinity swimming pool and deck. Have a soothing soak in the jetted tub next to the garden. There is also a ping pong table for your pleasure. Ample lounging spaces can be found in both sun and shade. Indoors at Villa Contea, you will find satellite television, DVD player, and Wi-Fi. Your reservation includes daily housekeeping.
The formal entrance is through a main door situated around the corner from the parking area, while the informal ‘family’ entrance leads into a beautiful, fully equipped kitchen with island. The kitchen is a wonderful open space and enjoys a dining room with a table for fourteen that can be extended for larger parties. The dining area connects to the colorful double living room, bathed in red and purple, with fireplace. This beautiful old building features stone walls and vaulted ceilings.
Eight fabulous bedrooms accommodate up to nineteen guests at Villa Contea. Seven of the bedrooms include en-suite bathrooms. A variety of perks and sleeping arrangements are included so there is something for everyone, whether you are with a large family or group of friends.
During your stay at Villa Contea, you will be in sightseeing heaven. Try the cheese in Pienza. Go for wine tastings in Montalcino and Montepulciano. A drive through Acquapendente and Pitigliano will take you through some of the best scenery in Italy. Tuscany is also a haven for golfers and spa enthusiasts, with top options just a few minutes away. Refurbished by a renowned interior designer, most of the home decor and furnishings – from the handmade soaps and olive oils, to the embroidered towels and bathrobes, to the dining table – are a true testament to style and a love of the bucolic!
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 2: Double bed, En-suite bathroom, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 3 - Master: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Air conditioning, Fireplace
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Living area, Television, Direct access to Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 5 - Loft: Double bed, 2 Twin beds, Air conditioning, Direct access to Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 6: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Air conditioning, Walk-in closet
- Bedroom 7: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 8 - Master: Double size Baldachin bed, Day bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning
- Additional Bedding: Extra cots and baby cribs available upon request
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Dining area with seating for 14
- Satellite television
- DVD player
- Laundry room
- Washer & Dryer
- Hair dryer
- Baby equipment (complimentary but upon request)
- Air conditioned bedrooms
- Wheelchair (upon request)
- Infinity pool
- Hot tub
- Deck with lounge area
- Ping pong table
- Alfresco dining with seating for 14
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily housekeeping
- Linen and towel change (once a week)
- Final cleaning
- Pool keeper
- Electricity consumption
- Air conditioning consumption
- Heating consumption
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Additional pool and hot tub heating
- Airport transfers
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest:
- 5 minute drive to town of Contignano
- 5 minute drive to town of Pienza
- 19 km to town of San Quirico d'Orcia
- 18 km to town of Montepulciano
- 40 km to town of Montalcino
- 44 km to Lamborghini Panicale Golf Club (9 holes)
- 49 km to Val di Chiana Golf Club (9 holes)
- 98.9 km to Kite Beach Fiumara
- 54.5 km to Siena-Ampugnano Airport (SAY)
- 74.4 km to Grosetto Airport (GRS)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 14 people
Ping pong table
+ 2 more
Siena-Ampugnano Airport (SAY)
78 min drive
Grosetto Airport (GRS)
89 min drive
Val di Chiana Golf Club
47 min drive
Lamborghini Panicale Golf Club
54 min drive
Points of Interest
10 min drive
San Quirico d'Orcia
21 min drive
22 min drive
27 min drive
35 min drive
125 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.