10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5 bathrooms
A newly renovated farmhouse in the hills between Lucca and Pisa, villa Chiodo perfectly combines modern amenities, rustic charm and a convenient location. You’ll appreciate the remodeled interiors and new appliances and fall in love with the traditional architecture and stone walls. Bring up to twelve guests to enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside, explore the local village or take day trips to nearby cities.
Though it was renovated beginning in 2006, the villa retains its historic farmhouse looks: creamy stone exteriors, a tile roof and beamed ceilings. A new pool and outdoor dining area were added to take advantage of the gorgeous panoramic valley views, and there’s also an outdoor grill and garden, for dinner and post-dinner strolls. Inside, a Wi-Fi connection throughout the house strikes a decidedly 21st-century note.
The interiors are furnished with simple lines and neutral tones that set off the beautiful texture of the wooden ceiling beams, which were preserved and left exposed. Gather around the fireplace in the living room, or catch the game on satellite television in a second sitting room. The bright, fully equipped kitchen has new cabinets and appliances and opens onto the courtyard and garden.
The five bedrooms all have en-suite bathrooms. On the ground floor, a double bedroom has a walk-in closet. Upstairs, there’s a second double bedroom, plus the master suite, which sleeps two. On the third floor, there’s a fourth double bedroom, as well as a room with two full-size beds. If your party won’t quite fit in the beds provided, two extra beds are available in the sitting room upon request.
Walk, cycle or drive to the nearby village of Vorno, which boasts shops and restaurants, plus a picturesque location in the Tuscan hills. For the sportier crowd, there’s a tennis court just over 4 km away. It’s just 8 km to the closest highway exit in Lucca, which gives you access to Pisa, 25 km away, and Florence, 74 km away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
Bedroom 1: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Walk-in closet
Bedroom 2: Full size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
Bedroom 3 - Master: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
Bedroom 4: Double bed, En-suite bathroom
Bedroom 5: 2 Full size beds, En-suite bathroom
Additional Bedding: 2 Extra beds available in the sitting room upon request
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Central heating system
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Media room
- Satellite television
- DVD player
- Wi-Fi access
- Swimming pool
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
- Outdoor furniture
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service – 15 hours per week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
Points of Interest:
- 1.7 km to shops and post office in Vorno
- 4 km to tennis court
- 8 km to Lucca motorway exit
- 74 km to Florence
- 25 km to Pisa International Airport (PSA)
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off. This unit does not feature air conditioning.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Surround sound system
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.