La Pozza di Volpaia
11 guests · 6 bedrooms · 5 bathrooms
Get a taste of rural Tuscan life at La Pozza di Volpaia. Located in the village of Volpaia, this six-bedroom stone villa is surrounded by a medieval fortified town, but has panoramic views of the countryside. Join in village life and take a cooking class, take a drive to other villages in the Chianti region or simply enjoy the sun by the pool.
The traditional house includes a shaded pergola where you can relax and another covered dining area overlooking the garden. If you’re craving sunshine, there are plenty of chaise longues around the pool with views of the rolling green hills. Spend a quiet evening in around the satellite television, or set the mood with the stereo.
Inside La Pozza di Volpaia, white walls, wood doors and ceilings and traditional furnishings give the villa a rustic, homey feel. Sofas and chairs in the living room are arranged around a large fireplace, but large archways between rooms and French doors leading outside let the breezes pass through. The eat-in kitchen has modern equipment like a mixer and dishwasher and stone countertops.
Five of the villa’s six bedrooms are in the main house, and one is in a guest house just across the courtyard. In the main house, there are three bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms: one with a single bed, one with a double bed and one with two twin beds. The remaining two bedrooms each have two twin beds and a shared bathroom; one has access to the garden. In the guest house, there’s a bedroom with two twin beds and an en-suite bathroom.
Since the villa is less than a short walk from the center of the village of Volpaia, guests can easily stroll into town for dinner at a restaurant run by the local Castello di Volpaia farm. If you’d like to experience the local cuisine in a hands-on way, cooking classes can be arranged. If you’d like to explore further, it’s about 7 km to the village of Radda in Chianti, 40 km to Siena and 55 km to Florence.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Single bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin beds, Shared bathroom with bathtub and shower
- Bedroom 5: 2 Twin beds, Shared bathroom with tub and shower, Access to the garden
- Bedroom 6 – Guest House: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with bathtub
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Satellite television
- DVD player
- Baby equipment
- Washing machine
- Swimming pool – not heated
- Alfresco dining
- Shady pergola
- Outdoor furniture
- Portable BBQ
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service 4 hours a day 5 days a week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
- Mandatory Visitor’s Tax of 1.50€ per person per day payable on-site
Points of Interest:
- 3 minute walk to restaurant
- 7 km to:
- 40 km to Siena
- 55 km to Florence
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
Enter dates and number of guests to see the total trip price. Tourism taxes may be added.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Surround sound system
+ 5 more
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.