12 guests · 6 bedrooms · 5 bathrooms
Ricavoli is the quintessential Tuscan villa: rich in history, yet comfortable for modern visitors. Made up of three buildings, the oldest of which dates to the 13th century, the property was once used by pilgrims. Today, it’s been fully restored and offers a pastoral setting for travelers who crave peace and quiet but still want to be close to Florence, just under 9 miles away.
Perched on a hill with views of the hills around Florence and a lake, the villa is covered in blooming vines and surrounded by a garden full of lush wildflowers. A furnished veranda lets you take advantage of the views, and come dinnertime, there’s a barbecue and al fresco dining area. The pool has a separate changing room and shower, and for indoor entertainment, there’s a ping-pong table and billiards room.
Parts of Ricavoli may date to medieval times, but the villa’s decor is charming and fresh. Cozy beamed ceilings and a fireplace are balanced by airy white walls, and painted wood trim is paired with colorful upholstery and artwork. The kitchen charms with painted millwork and a farmhouse-style table, but it also has modern appliances.
On the ground floor, the villa has a bedroom with a double bed and en-suite bathroom that’s accessible only through the garden. Upstairs, you’ll find a bedroom with two twin beds a bedroom with a double bed sharing a bathroom and a bedroom with a double bed and en-suite bathroom. The master bedroom has a queen bed and en-suite bathroom. The sixth bedroom, has two twin beds and an en-suite bathroom and from this bedroom a small tower, is reached by a staircase.
Don’t be fooled by the villa’s location just 2 km from the quiet village of San Donato in Collina; it’s a quick 14 km trip to the bustling center of Florence. If you’d like to explore closer to home, the town of Incisa is about 11 km away; if you want to take a day trip, the highway is also about 12 km away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 – Ground Floor: Double bed, En-suite bathroom, Accessible only through the Garden
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin beds, Shared bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, Shared bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, En-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 5: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom, Stairs leading to small tower, Not suitable for the elderly or the very young
- Bedroom 6 - Master: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate shower
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washing machine
- Baby equipment
- Swimming pool – not heated
- Alfresco dining
- Portable BBQ grill
- Outdoor furniture
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service is included 3 hours a day, 5 days a week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
Points of Interest:
- 2 km to S.Donato in Collina
- 2.7 km to Le Corti Restaurant
- 6 km Rignano S.A.
- 11 km to Incisa
- 12 km to Florence motorway
- 14 km to Florence center
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Surround sound system
+ 2 more
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.