6 guests · 3 bedrooms · 3 bathrooms
Tucked between the villages of Gaiole and Radda in Chianti in the heart of Tuscany, Cavalcanti offers the privacy of a villa and the amenities of a larger estate. As part of the restored hamlet of Castello di San Donato in Perano, the three-bedroom property is surrounded by vineyards, a 10th-century castle and a church, among other historic buildings.
The restored stone farmhouse has its own outdoor spaces as well as access to shared gardens and a pool. Cook service or cooking lessons are available at extra cost, and you can enjoy the results al fresco on the spacious terrace under a pergola. The shared gardens and pool have spectacular views of the surrounding hills and vineyards, and plenty of chaise longues from which to enjoy them.
Cavalcanti’s interiors have been restored to offer bright, breezy luxury. High, beamed ceilings, white walls and a combination living and dining room create an open atmosphere, and sofas in a ticking stripe add to the relaxed, casual feel. On cooler nights, you’ll appreciate the wood-burning fireplaces in the living room and kitchen. The kitchen itself is just as open and modern, with sleek stainless steel appliances and an elegant Murano-style chandelier.
The villa’s three bedrooms are equally bright and airy, and can accommodate up to six guests. There are two bedrooms with double beds and en-suite bathrooms with jet tubs and separate showers; one of the bedrooms also has a walk-in closet. The third bedroom has two twin beds and an en-suite bathroom.
During your stay, you can relax at the villa or use it as a base to explore the Chianti region. For practical matters, a bank and post office are just 2 km away in the village of Gaiole. If you’d like to do some sightseeing, Cavalcanti is 28 km from Siena, 40 km from the famed towers of San Gimignano and 60 km from Florence.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with jetted bathtub and separate shower, Walk-in closet
- Bedroom 2 - Master: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with jetted bathtub and separate shower
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Baby equipment
- Large sitting room
- Kitchen opens to front terrace
- Shared pool
- Alfresco dining
- Shared gardens
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service – 5 days a week, 2-3 hours a day
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Nanny service
- Additional maid service
- Mandatory Visitor’s Tax of 1.50€ per person per day payable on-site
- Applicable on the first 7 days
- Fees and conditions are subject to change
- 2 km to bank and post office in Gaiole village
- 28 km to Siena
- 40 km to Gimignano
- 60 km to Florence
- Please Note: The house is not so private, as being in a hamlet, the building is attached to others.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
Enter dates and number of guests to see the total trip price. Tourism taxes may be added.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Gaiole in Chianti, Italy
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.