8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 3 bathrooms
Keep warm in the hot tub while you gaze upon the snow-covered peaks of Mt. Aspiring at this modern mountain home, just off Lake Wanaka. Slide open the terrace doors and invite the fresh breeze, fragrant gardens, and warm New Zealand sun to flow through. Spend a romantic evening by the fireplace while the kids play upstairs in the TV lounge or head out to explore Wanaka's town centre.
Westland’s barn-style roof hints at the rugged nature of the Lake Wanaka area, yet underneath, stylish design sets a modern, luxurious tone. Craft delicious meals in the state of the kitchen. Celebrate as a family at the formal dining table with mountain views providing the background. After dinner, sneak away for a glass of local wine in the outdoor lounge as the sun sets behind the imposing mountains.
Start your day bright and early with an espresso on the terrace. Then, whip up some bacon and eggs for the gang to enjoy in Westland’s cozy breakfast nook. Throw a log in the fireplace and catch up on reading while the kids play on the lawn. For lunch, grab something fresh from the local market in Wanaka and fire up the grill. Then head out to the trails for an afternoon hike along the lakeside.
Rent some mountain bikes, pack a lunch, and make sure to bring your camera. Deans Bank, Rob Roy Glacier, and Roys Peak are all great hiking/biking trails to discover. If you’d rather explore the water, try fly fishing at Aspiring Fly Fishing guides or go jet-boating on the Matukituki River. When you’re ready to return to civilization, Queenstown is just an hour south.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Direct access to patio
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Direct access to patio
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with stand-alone shower, Direct access to patio
- Guest House Suite: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Lounge area, Direct access to patio
- Spare Room: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Access to downstairs bathroom stand-alone shower, Lounge area
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Breakfast nook
- Espresso machine
- Smart television
- Surround sound system
- Heated floors
- Iron/Ironing board
- Mountain view
- Lake view
- Alfresco dining with seating for 8
- Outdoor furniture
- Hot tub - heating included
- Garage - 2 spaces
- Parking - 2 spaces
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Chef services
- Spa services
Points of Interest
- 8 minute drive to The Wanaka Wharf
- 67 km to Mount Aspiring National Park
- 28 km to Treble Cone Ski Area
- 67 km to Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Surround sound system
+ 3 more
Wanaka, New Zealand
Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
68 min drive
30 min drive
Points of Interest
The Wanaka Wharf
8 min drive
9 min drive
Mount Aspiring National Park
57 min drive
Have a question about this home?
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.