Morukuru Ocean House
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 bathrooms
Set in the heart of rolling fynbos country, guests at this luxurious oceanside villa can easily spot whales offshore from the nearby dunes. An enclosed courtyard reveals a striking blue pool with plush recliners and direct access to a fine dining area. Relax at the full bar, or in the glamorous sitting room after a day of beach hikes, wildlife spotting, fine dining, and picturesque scenery.
Arriving via swift helicopter transfer from Cape Town International or a scenic drive along the Garden route, guests will find a thoroughly modern villa that effortlessly blends into the landscape. Explore the rolling shrubland and tidal pools with guided nature walks, mountain bike outings, or exciting 4x4 drives. The peace and natural splendor of the reserve is best appreciated while watching whales breach the ocean surface from nearby high ground, or while night-time stargazing with a glass of locally-produced wine in hand. Take on immersive coastal activities like snorkeling and sand boarding that are included in your package, with experienced guides on-hand to instruct and help beginners.
This proximity of the reserve makes Morukuru Ocean House a great choice for travelers seeking to experience the famously diverse wildlife of South Africa. Setting out along the coastline, guests can picnic while spotting seals, dolphins, oystercatchers, sharks and a huge range of migratory birds. Further inland, admire herds of cape mountain zebras and bontebok antelope, before dropping by small towns in the vicinity to experience zesty seafood dishes and excellent South African barbecue.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Desk, Safe, Fireplace, Ocean view
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Desk, Safe, Fireplace, Ocean view
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Desk, Safe, Fireplace, Ocean view
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Desk, Safe, Fireplace, Ocean view
- Media room: 4 Queen size sofa beds
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining room with seating for 12
- Wet bar
- Ice maker
- Ocean view lounge
- Wine cellar
- 3 Fireplaces
- Satellite television
- Integrated sound system
- Yoga mats
- Water shoes
- Child friendly
- Radiant floor heating
- Ocean view
- Swimming pool - heating included
- Alfresco dining with seating for 10
- Alfresco bath
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor furniture
- Sheltered patio
STAFF & SERVICES
- Chef (all meals included)
- Butler (all drinks included, with exception of wines on the "Reserve list")
- Private guide
- Private game drive vehicle
- Babysitting service
- Guided marine walks
- Guided fynbos walks & hikes
- Guided mountain biking
- Guided 4x4 nature drives
- Land based whale watching
- Beach games - volleyball, cricket, croquet
- Children's activities (kite making)
- Picnic on the beach
At Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Spa treatment
- Boat trip
- Whale watching by helicopter
- Airport transfers
- 10.7 km to Overberg private airstrip
- 234 km to Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Bar with built-in sink
De Hoop Nature Reserve, South Africa
Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
572 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.