6 guests · 3 bedrooms · 3.5 bathrooms
Light peeks out through wood slats and the pool glitters past a round moon window at this eastern-inspired Waiheke Island retreat. The villa is set 90 meters above the beach and cantilevered from the hillside, commanding incredible bay views whilst affording exclusive, peaceful privacy. It’s a few minutes from the white sands of Palm and Onetangi beaches, 2 of the best on the island for sunning, swimming, and dining.
Savor the views from a sunny deck lined with loungers and a 2.5-meter-deep, salt water plunge pool facing the sea. A garden wall separates the pool from a sheltered, sun-dappled private courtyard with alfresco lounging and dining areas, a built-in barbecue, and an outdoor fireplace. The home features central air-conditioning for all-season comfort, and the downstairs main level features natural cross ventilation afforded by electric mosquito screens.
Designed by award-winning Herbst Architects, The home’s dark timber palette provides a quiet, private haven to restore the senses. At its heart is an open-plan great room with a living area, dining area, and fully equipped kitchen, bordered by glass walls on 2 sides for panoramas over the bay and easy access to the courtyard.
A wealth of world-class dining options are within a 5 minute radius, including Tantalus Estate Vineyard, Stonyridge, Te Motu, Casita Miro, Three Seven Two, and Ki Maha. The island features Te Ara Hura, a 100km-long walking track that takes you right around Waiheke Island. This amazing private walk takes in everything from the bustling villages of the western end to bush, beaches, birds and the remote eastern end of the island, and can be accessed near the home.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Super king size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 2: Super king size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Desk, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 3: Super king size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Air conditioning
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 6
- Nespresso machine
- Ice maker
- Wine fridge
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Apple TV
- Sonos sound system
- Radiant floor heating
- Central air conditioning
- Iron/Ironing board
- Salt water plunge pool - unheated
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco shower
- Alfresco dining with seating for 4
- Gas barbecue
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor fireplace
- Views of Onetangi Bay
- Driveway parking - 2 spaces
- Gated property
- Security cameras - facing front gate, terrace, pool, and parking
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Chef services
- Airport transfer
- Activities & excursions
- Grocery shopping services
- Housekeeping services
Points of Interest
- 3 minute drive to various food markets
- 6 minute drive to Waiheke Island Aerodrome for helicopter and fixed wing flights
- 8 minute drive to Sealink Car Ferry
- 12 minute drive to Fullers Passenger Ferry
- 4 minute drive to Waiheke Golf Course
- 4 minute drive to Onetangi Beach
- 5 minute drive to Palm Beach
- 21 km from Sealink Car Ferry to Auckland Airport (AKL)
Enter dates and number of guests to see the total trip price. Tourism taxes may be added.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Sonos sound system
+ 6 more
Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland International Airport
103 min drive
6 min drive
6 min drive
Waiheke Golf Course
6 min drive
Points of Interest
Sealink Car Ferry
9 min drive
Waiheke Reeve Airport
11 min drive
Fullers Ferry Waiheke Island
15 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.