6 guests · 3 bedrooms · 3.5 bathrooms
Watch from the pool deck as your neighbor-elephants stroll along the path just outside this breezy villa in the Madikwe Reserve. After a catered breakfast in the alfresco lounge, stretch out on a lounger and work on your tan. When you’re ready, hop in a safari vehicle and set out on a guided tour in search of the big 5 throughout 76k-hectares of a malaria-free natural wonderland.
Barefoot-luxury awaits at this open-air safari villa nestled in an ancient dolomite ridge in South Africa’s Madikwe Reserve. When you’re not out exploring the reserve, enjoy fully catered meals, afternoon swims, and cozy nights by the fireplace in Sovereign House. In the day time, the reserve is yours to discover. Your group will set out on 2 private tours each day with your own guide and safari vehicle to spot Africa’s most beloved creatures. Elephants, lions, leopards, cheetahs, and many more await. You’ll also see more than 300 types of indigenous bird species spread through Madikwe’s grasslands, woodlands, and the Tshwene hills.
Back at Sovereign House, you and your group can recount tales from the safari while enjoying an exquisite dinner crafted by a private chef. After, get a fire going outside and enjoy a few sunset cocktails while you look over pictures from the day. Before bed, rejuvenate with a refreshing alfresco shower or a long soak in the master ensuite’s deep bathtub.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Desk, Direct access to pool terrace
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Direct access to pool terrace
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Desk, Direct access to fire pit area
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 6
- Wine cellar
- Smart television
- Air conditioning
- Savanah view
- Plunge pool - unheated
- Sun loungers
- Sun bed
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 6
- Alfresco shower
- Fire pit
- Outdoor furniture
STAFF & SERVICES
- Private chef service - all meals included
- Selection of local beverages
- Selected game drive beverages & snacks
- Teas & coffees
- Two game drives daily
- Kid activities
- Private game drive vehicle & ranger
- Transfer from Madikwe Western Airstrip
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- All other beverages & cigars
- Charter flights to & from Johannesburg
- Car transfer to & from Johannesburg
- Laundry service
- Optional specialized activities
- Gift shop purchases
- Reserve gate entry fee / Landing fee
- Conservation levy
- Spa treatments
Points of Interest
- Located within Madikwe Game Reserve
- 325 km to Johannesburg
- 50 km to Madikwe Western Airstrip
- 372 km to OR Tambo International Airport (JNB)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 2 more
Madikwe Game Reserve, South Africa
Madikwe Western Airstrip
57 min drive
O.R. Tambo International Airport
241 min drive
Points of Interest
243 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.