The Movie Colony
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4.5 bathrooms
Palm fronds and mountaintops peek over the tall hedges that make this Palm Springs ranch a private hideaway. It’s a departure from the area’s mid-century bungalows, with its Spanish Colonial–style stucco walls, tiled roof, and wood-beamed ceiling. Its location in the Movie Colony neighborhood means you’ll fit right into local life at nearby shops, restaurants, and art galleries.
The sound of flowing water greets you in a front courtyard with a burbling fountain, and continues in a backyard with a hot tub spilling into the swimming pool. There are lounging, sitting, and dining areas in the sun and shade, plus a firepit and outdoor fireplace for a little coziness on cool desert evenings.
Whitewashed brick walls and tiled floors look—and feel—cool in the indoor living room right off the outdoor one, while a sloping wood-beamed ceiling lends warmth in the 2nd living room. The separate kitchen is bright, fully equipped, and has a breakfast banquette tucked into one corner.
Developed in the 1930s and ’40s as a playground for stars like Cary Grant and Frank Sinatra, the Movie Colony neighborhood is still sought-after today for its palm-lined streets and well-appointed parks. Sign up for a tour of its architecture or explore on your own, stopping at boutiques, eateries, and modernist hotels for a cocktail or two. There’s also plenty of golf nearby, as well as hiking trails winding through the San Jacinto Mountains.
The City of Palm Springs ID# 3892
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Television, Desk, Ceiling fan, Direct access to the terrace
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Television, Ceiling fan, Direct access to private patio
Guest House 1
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Walk-in closet, Television, Desk, Ceiling fan, Direct access to backyard
Guest House 2
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Walk-in closet, Television, Desk, Ceiling fan, Direct access to backyard
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Breakfast nook with seating for 9
- Ice maker
- Media room
- Streaming television
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Central air conditioning
- Nest thermometers
- Ceiling fans
- Iron/ironing board
- Swimming pool - heating included
- Hot tub - heating included
- Alfresco dining with seating for 6
- Fire pit
- Outdoor fire place
- Outdoor living space
- Sun loungers
- Mountain views
- Gated property
- Driveway parking: 4 spaces
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Airport transfers
Points of Interest:
- 6 minute drive to Downtown Palm Springs
- 10 minute drive to Mesquite Golf & Country Club
- 4 miles to Escena Golf Club
- 5 miles to Indian Canyons Golf Resort
- 6 miles to Indian Canyons
- 19 miles to Palm Desert
- 26 miles to Coachella Festival
- 37 miles to Joshua Tree National Park
- 8 minute drive to Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 8 more
Palm Springs, CA
Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
6 min drive
Mesquite Golf & Country Club
7 min drive
Escena Golf Club
9 min drive
Indian Canyons Golf Resort
12 min drive
Points of Interest
Downtown Palm Springs
4 min drive
17 min drive
29 min drive
Coachella Festival Grounds
37 min drive
Joshua Tree National Park
68 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.