Some of these rules may sound silly but they have been written because we have seen some silly behavior ; )
• Please only leave with what you came with. Our towels, sheets, shampoo, Q tips, cotton pads, cups, plates, decorative items, trash bags, toilet paper, TV remotes, etc are not parting gifts or favors : ) Use what you need while you are here and leave the rest behind please.
• We love a good party but not in our ABnB unit unless its discussed well in advance. Please no parties, gatherings or events over the registered number of guests! If you would like to have friends over for a gathering please let us know! We understand you are on vacation but ask that late night drunken excursions choose another property. We expect quiet hours after 10 PM and until 6:30 AM. We will commit to the same respect upstairs for you.
• Please come and go quietly. We will do the same. Although we do have 2 children and sometimes they "forget" to use their quiet voices.
• Please keep pass code and keys to yourself (we will provide 1 key in the lock box. Return keys to same location upon departure. Lost or missing keys will incur a $15 charge and keys not returned will incur $150 locksmith fee.
• No unregistered/additional guests in the unit. If this occurs we will charge you double the rate of posted guest rates. This is our home and we have children. We like to know who is staying in the unit in advance.
• No smoking anywhere on the property EVER to include back patio, outside the gate or front steps of the building.
• IMPORTANT: Lock the doors (both front & back) upon departure. Please see instruction manual on how to lock the back door. If you are confused please contact us. Please do not leave our property vulnerable. We have young children and our personal safety is very important to us.
• Turn heat/AC off when away from the unit. Meaning do not let the heat or AC run continuously while you are away from the unit. This will require you to either turn it OFF by the toggle switch or turn the temperature on the thermostat to a temp where it will shut OFF. Please respect our power bill and the environment. If we are aware that you are away from the unit and hear the system running continuously we will enter the unit after informing you via text that we will go and turn it off.
• Similarly, please turn off the lights when you leave the unit!!!! Electricity is expensive and if you are NOT in the unit there is no reason to leave the lights on.
• Pets permitted in the unit with advance notification only and prior written approval via the ABnB app messaging. Any pre-approved pet stays will incur additional fees to be determined by the Abnb Host prior to your stay. Service animals will be permitted but proper documentation must be provided in advance.
• Please do not use the rear exits unless there is an emergency. We do not provide keys for guests to exit via the back gates. This is a security issue and puts our families and neighbors at risk if left unsecured.
• We lock back gates but you can unlock and access in case of emergency.
• Please respect our neighbors and do not enter their private garden areas. Our garden area is clearly defined (and shared with your Abnb Host) by the fence surrounding it.
• Use of the gym/treadmill and equipment is AT YOUR OWN RISK. We don't mind you using it but we are not responsible if you injure yourself. If you have questions about operating the treadmill please ask. NO CHILDREN EVER on the treadmill or playing on the gym equipment. It is not a playground or a jungle gym.
• Please inform us in advance if you need the air mattress and extra sheets. Please don't jump on the air mattress.
• Have a great time and please let us know if we can do anything to help make your stay more pleasant and enjoyable.
In general, please behave like adults and treat our space with the same respect you would treat your own home. Clean your dishes, put away your food, clean up after yourselves. Leave the unit as you found it. If you are thinking this will be your party crash pad in Boston please don't subject us, our family or children to that. We love a party just as much as the next person but we live above the unit and would prefer that you are respectful of reasonable hours of wake and sleep times. We hope you enjoy your stay!!
I'm Jen (married to Ted for 15 years!) mother of two and a sales and marketing account executive for an event production company, Beauty Counter Consultant & Air BnB host. I'm swimmer, cyclist, runner, coffee drinker, trained chef and love to meet new people and pick up heavy things and put them down ;-). I love Boston particularly the South End, AND I'll let you know where all of the good restaurants are!!!!