The Sherburne Suite is a lovely inviting setting for a lone getaway and also suited for couples.
The Suite is located in Lyndonville VT, 7 miles to KT, Burke Mtn & BMA, 25 miles to Willoughby Lake, and 3 mi up the road to Lyndon State College. The Suite includes a keen eye to the small details that count including an extensive array of complimentary food on your arrival. It is approx 350 sq ft and feels very much like a higher end studio or loft apartment. Property is a quiet country setting.
The Sherburne Suite is a lovely and inviting setting for a lone getaway and also suited for couples. The Suite is a small and beautifully appointed apartment with a separate entrance, a private garden patio setting with outdoor table, large table umbrella, dining chairs, gas grill, surrounded by gardens and potted plants in season and is a very private space from the main home. It's "the little home within a home". A special space and place to quiet your mind.
The Suite is located in Lyndonville VT, 8 miles to Burke Mountain & Burke Mountain Academy for biking and skiing and 7 miles to the Kingdom Trails office in Burke with some of the best mountain biking in the northeast, 25 miles to stunning Willoughby Lake, a quick hop up the road to Lyndon State College, 3 miles to golf venue St. Johnsbury Country Club and we also have direct access to VAST for Northeast Kingdom snowmobiling just across our dirt -snow road.
I have modeled the Suite after what I want for my personal get-a-ways which is some luxury and a keen eye to the small details that count, because for me they do. It is approx 350 sq ft and feels very much like a higher end studio or loft apartment. Your space is completely private with private entrance. Queen size bed, 100% crisp cotton sheets, alternative down comforter with linen duvets, pillows and more pillows. Soft flannel sheets and flannel duvet cover available in winter months. Vermont's Lake Champlain chocolates sweetly placed on your bedside night table. Tiled bathroom and shower, built in tiled bench, large rain shower head, Body Shop Olive body wash provided, pedestal sink, heavy plush cotton towels, more than you will need but more is better. Small living area with love seat, leather chair, leather ottoman, baseboard heating, including a small electric stove to keep you extra toasty while providing that cozy fireplace ambiance especially during colder months. Flat screen cable TV, wireless internet password provided free and Bose wireless bluetooth speaker adaptable to your music device and USB ports for charging. Kitchen is stocked with all the necessities for cooking and eating, including Brevelle Convection Oven, Bunn coffee maker with Green Mountain coffee provided, electric tea kettle with assorted Tazo tea bags provided, Waring hot plate for sauteing, blender, microwave, full size stainless refrigerator freezer.
Gas grill outside as well in your more private garden patio, table with umbrella and chairs for relaxing meals surrounded by potted plants and herbs for your enjoyment in season. Spray hose on your patio for bike baths if needed in season.
Property is a complete country setting of 10 acres, very quiet on a dead end street. Views of Burke off the hill, better in fall and winter months when foliage is less, chairs, hammock, huge fire pit and two Perception kayaks for your use if you have a proper roof rack-mount for safe transport.
I have a personal gym located on second floor of the home, Sole treadmill, Concept 2 Erg, slides available, Schwinn stationary bike, Sole elliptical, free weights, weight bar, ballet barre and yoga mats. Arrangements for use can be made easily with me if you so choose, small fee $5 and signed waiver-release.
I provide extensive complimentary food, crackers, cheese, energy bars, eggs, butter, a bottle of Vermont wine, fresh creamer for coffee, fruit salad, fresh baked bread, scones and a special dessert will be waiting for you on your arrival to The Suite, plenty to get you started especially if late arriving, you won't starve!
Other arrangements for more specific food items on weekdays and weekends at an extra cost including homemade pizza, fresh salads, hors d'oeuvres, waffles, crepes, fruit, and desserts can be made at your request prior to your arrival or during your stay.
I am happy to fuss a bit if you would like while respecting your space and privacy for your personal get-a-way. If you are looking for hands off and solitude I will accommodate you for that as well. Please be at ease, be at home and enjoy The Suite!
I do ask that you remove outdoor shoes at the entryway and use boot tray please! I encourage you to bring indoor shoes or slippers for your comfort.
The yard is for using! Chairs and hammock available, please place them where you choose and enjoy!
The fire pit is meant to be enjoyed so please do so no matter the season! Plenty of wood and always ready to go. Vermont night skies for star gazing are stunning when clear, especially crisp sparkling winter nights.
If you make arrangements to use the gym, it is located on the second floor of my home, entrance is the back door up the garden path. I will be available for a walk through your first gym visit, after that you may use on own with agreed arrangement on time. Please respect our space and the gym equipment. Please wipe down all equipment when you are through and shut down any electronics, TV, and speakers before you leave. Please be aware of your physical conditioning and your limits while you enjoy your workout. Gym towels are provided and stocked for your use in the gym. Please do not bring towels up from The Suite.
Discounted prices are offered for 7 day stays and monthly rentals, please refer to pricing page.
WINTER GUESTS- The Suite is not equipped to handle big wet snowy gear to hang or dry! Winter guests who are snowmobiling and or skiing with extra winter gear and clothing will have unlimited access to my home side of basement with drying racks to hang clothes, use of washer & dryer, and a boot dryer, accommodates 2 pair of boots. to get your boots warm, dry and ready for your next days adventures.
BIKING GUESTS - You will have access to home side of basement with drying racks, extra shoe trays, and washer and dryer access for refreshing biking gear- clothes. $1 per load. Ask for access and you will have it.
WEEKLY RENTALS - Guests will be provided with fresh towels mid week at no additional charge, and have unlimited access to home side of basement for drying racks, boot dryers and use of washer and dryer, $1 per load.
MONTHLY RENTALS - Guests will be provided fresh towels AND fresh linens each week, whether sheets are summer cotton or winter flannel at no additional charge. Guests will also have unlimited access to home side of basement for drying racks, boot dryers, washer and dryer, $1 per load. Complimentary fresh snacks, wine and desserts will be replenished throughout your stay and your comings and goings.
SNOWMOBILIERS - There is ample parking for your trailer. If you rent by the month, you will be allowed to leave your trailer behind with your snowmobiles safe and secured in the driveway, ready and waiting for your return.
Interaction with guests
I am available during weekdays and weekends all depending on my work schedule. More than likely I will be outside in my gardens or somewhere on the property when not working. A quick shout might find me better on good weather days than email or text once you have arrived, but I will periodically check my phone for any correspondence, questions or concerns you may have. I can be hands on or hands off. This is your vacation getaway time and your privacy will be respected. If you are unsure of something or need something, please do not hesitate to ask and I will do my very best to accommodate you.
Other things to note
If I do not have guests checking out on your arrival day or coming in the following day at your departure, I may extend to you an early check in so you can get going, and or a delayed check out time so you can linger if you so choose. If either of these options are workable and available for me to extend to you, I will contact you with a heads up.
I offer extensive complimentary, food, snacks, drinks, a bottle of Vermont wine, dessert and fresh bread. If you book short notice, your food may not be completely finished on your arrival, it will all be delivered to you ASAP when done being prepared and when done baking!
-Please use shoe-boot tray on arrival to The Suite, indoor shoes - slippers are recommended for your comfort please, Thanks!
- I am up by 5AM and usually to bed by 10PM latest. I don't' expect you to be either of the two. I want you to enjoy yourself, and your schedule and my routine will be more than fine. I don't expect complete quiet during day or evenings though I am very attuned to me being quiet above you. Enjoyment to me means chatting and laughter so please do so. If you want to have guests over to join you for dinner or a late night fire in the pit on the hill, please do so. I insist there is absolutely NO SMOKING of any kind of tobacco product in the Suite or anywhere on my property. This house rule will be strictly enforced, if broken you will be asked to leave, no refund will be issued to you.
- I have two Perception kayaks for use, if you can transport them, please do so and treat them with respect. Be safe and have fun! Paddles and life jackets provided as well.
- Only 2 guests maximum are allowed overnight in Suite
- I have an 11 year old cat, Ava, she is both friendly and aloof, she is safe to pet.
- Arrangements for gym and meals can be made with me in advance or during your stay at my convenience with my schedule. I am flexible.
-There is a dehumidifier in the Suite which functions as the AC in hot humid summer months. You are not required to use it but I encourage it in the humid, hot weather. The Suite will be more refreshing and enjoyable for you. Please check and empty reservoir as I will not enter The Suite during your stay. We do ask you use it if weather is extreme when you are away from the Suite to maintain the temperature and humidity of the environment. If you have questions in regards to it's use, please ask.
-NO open flames - candles in The Suite. I do have citronella candles in buckets for your outdoor patio use in summer weather months
- The floor is chilly in The Suite, more so during summer months. I encourage you to bring indoor shoes or slippers for your comfort and ask that you use the shoe-boot tray for all outdoor shoes when you enter The Suite, Thanks!
-Please use shoe - boot tray at doorway entrance for outdoor shoes, especially hiking boots, cycling shoes, and ski boots.
- Please wash all your dishes prior to your departure. I do not expect you to dry or return them to their spots prior to your leaving.
- I realize taking food items that you may have bought or made during your stay can be inconvenient and cumbersome to your travel plans. Please feel free to leave behind what you do not want and I will clean up and dispose of properly for you.
- We RECYCLE! It is NOT a choice. There is a bin with recycle sticker on it, next to regular garbage can, please use it for your paper, cardboard, cans, plastic and glass. We are "no-sort" recycling so you may use bin for all items. If you fill the bin or garbage during your stay please empty in large garbage containers on left side of garage. Blue is recycling, Red is garbage. Thank you!
- We have a septic system. Please do not allow food down the drain in the sink. Do not flush any wipe type products or feminine products other than the toilet paper provided. Thank you!
- If you have any questions about using the patio gas grill, please ask. Turn OFF propane tank after use. Thank you!
- The GYM:I have a personal gym located on the second floor. Arrangements can be made within my schedule for you to use. A $5 fee and signed medical release are required. Please DO NOT bring towels up from the Suite. Towels and yoga mats are provided for you in the gym. Equipment available: Concept 2 Erg,( slides also available), Sole Treadmill, Sole Elliptical, Schwinn Stationary Bike, assorted free weights and weight bar, ballet barre, yoga mats, flat screen cable TV, and wireless Bluetooth speakers compatibility. Please recognize your physical limits, be safe and enjoy! Wipe down all gym equipment when you are through working out and shut off all electronics. Paper towels and cleaner are available in gym for this use near the doorway.
- Arrangements for additional meals or food can be made with me and only me. Cost will be agreed upon prior to serving. Payment in cash or check is expected prior to your departure from The Suite. Please ask for what is available. I will use Vermont products, local and as fresh as possible. I can have food and or desserts above the complimentary snacks provided waiting in Suite upon your arrival if you let me know ahead of time.
- If you want to invite friends over for visits, meals or evening fire pit time during your stay, please do so! However, no one extra is allowed to stay overnight in the Suite.
-I have a 10x10 Easy Up and two 6 ft fold out tables if you wish to have a gathering for a special meal. I am also available to help with light catering.
- The fire pit on the hill is for your use. There is always stacked firewood available. We ask that you wrap it up no later than midnight. The fire pit can be left unattended as long as you burn it down somewhat prior to the close of your evening. If you are unsure please ask.
- There are chairs and a hammock for your use. Please feel free to place them about the property of your choosing.
- If I do not have guests booked to arrive on your check out day, I may extend and open ended check out time so you may linger if you so choose.
- The Sherburne Suite is lovely, inviting and suited for couples. The Suite is located in Lyndonville VT, 6 miles to Burke Mountain and The Kingdom Trails with some of the best mountain biking in the northeast, 25 miles to stunning Willoughby Lake, and a quick hop up the road to Lyndon State College, 3 miles to golf at St Johnsbury Country Club, and direct access to VAST from the property. I have modeled the Suite after what I want for my personal get-a-ways which is comfort, some luxury and a keen eye to the small details that count, because for me they do. It is approx 375 sq ft and feels very much like a higher end studio or loft apartment. Queen size bed, 100% crisp cotton sheets, alternative down comforter with linen duvets. Tiled bathroom, rain shower with built in bench, Body Shop Olive body wash provided, travel size toothpaste provided, pedestal sink, heavy plush cotton towels, more than you will need because more is better. Small living area with love seat, leather chair, leather ottoman, small electric stove to keep you extra toasty while providing that cozy fireplace ambiance especially during colder months. Flat screen cable TV, wireless internet password provided free and Bose wireless Bluetooth speaker to pair with your music device. Kitchen is stocked with all the necessities for cooking and eating, including Brevelle Convection Oven, Bunn coffee maker with Green Mountain coffee provided, electric tea kettle with assorted Tazo tea bags provided, Waring hot plate for sautéing, blender, microwave, full size stainless refrigerator freezer. Gas grill outside as well in your more private garden patio, chaise, table with umbrella and chairs for relaxing meals surrounded by potted plants and herbs for your enjoyment. Spray hose for bike baths if needed. Property is a complete country setting of 10 acres, very quiet on a dead end street, views from Burke off the hill, chairs, hammock, huge fire pit and two Perception kayaks for your use. I have a personal gym located on second floor of home, Sole treadmill, Concept 2 erg slides also available, stationary bike, Sole elliptical, free weights and ballet barre, yoga mats and flat screen cable TV. Arrangements for use can be made easily with me if you so choose, $5 fee and signed medical release. Arrangements for homemade pizza, fresh salads, hors d'oeuvres, waffles, crepes, fruit and desserts can be made with me at agreed cost. I am happy to fuss a bit if you would like while respecting your space and privacy for your personal get-a-way. Please be at ease, be at home and enjoy The Suite!