About this listing
Welcoming Mooneys Bay apt. If a 1 night stay-(2 Persons Only). No third party bookings. 15 mins. to town. Short term stays only. Queen + daybed. Max. 3 people. ID smoking & no pets. Free Pkg- garage with single driveway -4 cars.No Trailers! We have 2 bicycles for guests to use(No Charge!) By airport, EY Centre,museums & hospitals, TD Centre, Whole Foods, RA Centre & public transit.
Welcome all Canoe Kayak Canada members.
Our other listing is airbnb.com/rooms/13133411 - 2 bdrm.
This complete apartment (lower level) has a fully equipped kitchen with all dishes, appliances & utensils for cooking A micro-wave & dishwasher for your convenience. We supply bottled water, coffee, tea, powdered milk, sugar, hot chocolate, cookies, selection of jams & salt & pepper for your use. Modern bathroom with shower and all personal necessities such as shampoo, creme rinse, soap and hair dryer. The bright oversized bedroom has a Queen sized bed as well as daybed for extra person, office desk and more. Eat-in area in kitchen with 5 chairs. Living room area has large sofa plus leather chair and ottoman as well as comfortable occasional chair with reading light. Covered parking with single driveway which can park up to 4 cars outside. NO TRAILERS. Note the extra bed in the bedroom is really an ample daybed (has 2 mattresses) and is extremely comfortable for sleeping.
The Green Door in the lower level of this bungalow leads into the self contained apt.-living room, kitchen with eat-in area, bathroom and very large bedroom is for the guests use. There is an ironing room for convenience on the same level as the apt. Free parking in garage with single driveway which can park up to 4 cars outside. NO TRAILERS. Use of laundry room is not permitted.
Interaction with guests
We will be available for questions or directions during your stay. We will have many tourist pamphlets on site for your convenience. We also have tips on affordable restaurants/pubs nearby as well as ideas on activities going on when visiting Ottawa.
List of some of the numerous Events planned for Ottawas Capital to Celebrate Canada's 150 Birthday in the Capital:
* Free Screenings of plays every Sunday afternoon and Monday nights at the Bytowne Theatre in Ottawa (from Jan to June)
* June 15-July - Canada Scenes at the National Arts Centre hosting 1000 artists in fields of music, comedy, theatre, & media arts
* Mid June - Free Tunnel experience - underground light, sound & special effects - thanks to the discovery of the tunnel while repairing the sink hole on Rideau St., downtown Ottawa; and
* THE BIGGEST CANADA DAY CELEBRATION EVER- JULY 1ST- TO COMMEMORATE CANADAS 150 BIRTHDAY!
Other things to note
The Billings Bridge Shopping Center has all useful amenities and Metro Grocery Store for your convenience. This property borders Old Ottawa South, the Glebe, LIttle Italy and short distance from major hospitals-CHEO, General, and Civic hospitals. Prestigous Westboro, Parkdale Market just a short distance as well.
This home is located at the intersection of Riverside and Revelstoke. Revelstoke is one of the best known streets in Ottawa for their water front million dollar properties on the Rideau River at Mooney's Bay. Definitely worth checking it out.
At Mooney's Bay there is a beach area, roller skating area, picnic area and trails over to the Ottawa Canoe Club and Hog's Back Park (waterfalls) as well as bicycle trails throughout. Canada's largest playground at Mooney's Bay is officially opening on July 1, 2017 (Canada Day).
Dows Lake Pavillion is 5 mins. away where you can rent Kayaks or peddle boats for your pleasure.
* ALL NAMES OF PERSONS STAYING AS WELL AS PROPER ID MUST BE GIVEN PRIOR TO CHECK-IN.
* NO TRAILERS.
* No person or persons other than those on the Airbnb Guest List when booking the reservation, may stay overnight. Any other person on the property, is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
* Guests should remove their street shoes upon entering the property.
* No smoking inside the apt. is permitted. Smoking outside in the garage area is permitted.
* Please park your car inside the double car garage
* We ask for extra consideration - no loud music, playing of musical instruments, tv or voices is permitted after 11:00 pm in respect to people occupying the other apt. City of Ottawa Noise Bylaw in effect Mon-Fri 11 pm - 7am, Sat. 11 pm - 9am, Sun. 11 pm to noon.
*ABSOLUTELY NO DOWNLOADING OF ANY MOVIES, MUSIC OR GAMES OWNED OR EXCLUSIVELY LICENSED BY OTHERS (COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT) & NO TORRENT PROGRAMS ARE PERMITTED. Reasonable internet access use only (No downloading or uploading of large files or movies).
-Treat this home with care and respect - do not place hot items or cut anything on the kitchen counters (use 3 Cutting Boards provided).
- Turn off all unnecessary lights & equipment when not needed.
-Ensure all doors including garage door are closed and locked when leaving the property.
Kindly treat this home as you treat your own home. Please clean up after yourselves (put all garbage in the garage; wash dishes, clean up any spills in frig, microwave or oven); turn off lights & lower heat, take your personal belongings & after locking home, leave keys.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 30 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We are well travelled individuals who enjoy meeting people. Speaking French and German as well. Making Ottawa our home for over 30 years gives us insight to activities that make Ottawa unique.
We just received a message from guests who stayed with us 2 weeks ago. Serge had recommended that they watch You tube videos from Ski Schools before they go for their first time on the Hill and they wrote that they had followed Serge's advice and their Ski Adventure worked out fantastically. You never know, when you have a discussion with clients what you can learn from one another.
Our favourite destination is Vancouver Island as it is so breathtaking beautiful, loads of great venues and interesting museums and people are very friendly. Fly in to Victoria and take a great tour by rental car, you won't be disappointed!