Fully self-contained one-bedder in a cool and young part of Sydney. The style is influenced by my love of music, movies, retro and counter culture. I travel extensively and this comes out int the decor too!
Newtown is fun and full of life - close to Sydney city and tourists spots
Greetings from Sydney :) I have a groovy one-bedroom, fully self-contained apartment in one of Sydney's funnest and most bustling areas, Newtown. The apartment is located and accessed on the main street, and has great walking and transport access as a result, but it is also pleasantly quiet as it is set back a little.
The decor is eclectic and entertaining, with a bit of vintage, shabby chic style, and a big dash of pop culture!
The Kitchen and lounge areas are combined, but this is complemented by a very large patio that can be accessed from the bedroom also. Overall it feels big for a one-bedder right in the heart of the inner city.
Note that the third sleeping space is a blow up air mattress.
Access and Things to do:
Within the Apartment:
- All amenities are self-contained and included
- High-speed internet access
- Proper hi-fi system (turntable) with a load of vinyl and also an aux cable so you can plug in smartphone/tablet to run through the amp/speakers
- CD player wrapped up in a faux juke box cover and access to diverse CD collection
- XBOX 360 and a selection of games for the gamers out there
- Acoustic Guitar that loves some loving from guests.
- Large DVD collection.
- Sheisha Pipe for those that way inclined.
- Central heating and cooling (very well insulated anyway so the temperature is generally very pleasant).
- A very large patio you can chill out and relax in.
- Workspace where you can put a laptop and work.
- Very comfortable couch
- TV streaming services.
Outside of the Apartment:
- King st is the MAIN commercial and entertainment street in Newtown and connects to Sydney's other major area with ease: public transport options will get you to the city and Sydney harbour in roughly 15-25 minutes
- St Peter's Train Station is 2 minutes away
- A bus stop servicing a number of routes is can be seen from the front of the building and is one minute away
- A large number of cafes, pubs, and restaurants start outside the front door and continue the full length of King st. There is a growing number of small bars and an overwhelming amount of places to eat cuisines from across the globe!
- King Street is a famous shopping strip too and guests have access to vintage and new clothes, furniture, LP stores and music, new and vintage furniture, art, bookstores, and much more
- One of Sydney's most iconic and oldest music venues, the Enmore Theatre is only 10 minute walk away
- Fans of street art can wander around Newtown and adjoining suburb Enmore to see some of the world's finest example of graffiti-no more but amazingly skillful street art
Note: I will not be present during your stay.
The apartment is technically part of a secure apartment block, but is actually more like a separate townhouse as its on the ground floor and can be accessed without going through the front doors. Entrance is via a green and leafy courtyard that really belies the fact you are on the doorstep of so much city action.
As for in the apartment - Guests have access to the whole place - the only thing off-limits is the bar in the apartment.
Interaction with guests
As little or as much as you want - there will be times when I am not able to greet you in person due to other commitments, but I will always be available via mobile phone. Other times I will be able to greet you in person and walk you through whatever you need to know :)
I also have a co-host now for times when I am not around and they will be able to meet and greet you if needed.
Other things to note
I leave a guide on the table with clear instructions on how to use everything in the apartment.
I provide a breakfast food and whatever is in the pantry is available to guests.
I know the cleaning fee looks a lot, but I get a professional cleaner in before your stay to make sure its spotless for you :) (the cost is also slightly offset by the provision of breakfast goodies )
I am a committed recycler so please put all recyclable items in a plastic box that is on the patio.
Mi casa es tu casa. Relax and feel like you are home :)
Basic rules are:
- no smoking indoors (on the patio is ok)
- please clean up after yourself and leave the apartment as you found it.
- please put all linen etc. in the hamper at the end of your stay.
- the bar is off limits but if you do end up having a tipple then please just replace the bottle
- please be energy conscious and turn off power switches if not using.
- I am cool with small gatherings/parties but please respectful of the neighbours and make sure the place is as clean as you found it.
And the number one unbreakable rule...
- have some fun while you stay.
Suited to a couple or group of three.
Groups of 4 adults will be screened as its kind of small for such a group - its adequate for two adults and two kids.
Lost keys cop a hefty replacement fee (not by me, by building - around $150 - so just be vigilant with them :)