About this listing
This spacious 2 bedroom 1.5 bath apartment in the heart of the East Village embodies the quintessential NYC experience.
1 Bedroom RATES: (2 person occupancy MAX)
2 night stay: $849/night and up
3 night stay: $699-$799/night
4 night stay: $599-$699/night
5 night stay: $499-$599/night
6 nights or more: $299-$499/night
2 Bedroom RATES: (4-5 person occupancy MAX)
To unlock the second bedroom the rates are the same as above plus a $99/night fee for each additional person up to a MAX of 5 person occupancy. The second bedroom has a full sized mattress that can sleep up to 2 people. There is also the option to add a single sized air mattress for one more person. The room is small (9'x10') but the full sized bed fits nicely in the room.
This spacious 2 bedroom 1.5 bath apartment in the heart of the East Village embodies the quintessential NYC experience:
- City views
- Exposed brick
- High ceilings
- 3 exposures provide great light and views
- Chefs kitchen
- Modern and Antique high end furniture
- Huge living and dining space
- Eclectic art and artifacts from artists around the world
The East Village is one of the most interesting neighborhoods in the city. Art, Restaurants, Bars, Shops, All at your doorstep.
If you are looking for an authentic NYC/East Village apartment stay you have found it!!!
Why spend the same amount (or more) for a hotel suite that is 1/3 the size when you can have a truly authentic NYC experience in the East Village.
Some additional notable features of this home are:
- Surround sound home theatre w/iPod connection
- 50" HDTV in living room
- 32" HDTV in bedroom
- Blue Ray/DVD Player/Netflix
- Wireless internet included
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Queen Sized Memory Foam Bed
- Spacious custom home office desk
- Washer/Dryer in unit
- Linens and Towels Provided
- Optional second bedroom can provide up to 5 person occupancy (for an additional fee)
This is an actual "living home" where you will find the owners personal items in some drawers/cabinets, etc. This is not a hotel and you must accept the fact that it is not 100% perfect, but the trade off is you get a super spacious, interesting place to spend your time in NYC for the same price as if you were in a cramped suite or hotel room! (Many closets, drawers will also be cleaned out and empty for storage of your own personal items)
As mentioned above the home has 2 bedrooms however if you rent the apartment at the 1 bedroom price, the second bedroom will be locked off and you will not get access to this room. If you want access to the second bedroom for 3 - 4 person occupancy there is an additional fee.
The owner does have a cat. Although the cat will not be in the residence during your stay and the home will be cleaned prior to your arrival, but you may still see some cat hair. Please let us know if you are allergic to animals.
The unit is on the 5th floor and there is no elevator, (4 flights of stairs)
There is some "eclectic" art in the apartment and if you are easily offended by graphic images, taxidermy, or macabre artifacts please let us know and at the owners discretion some of the items can be removed from the apartment if arranged prior to check in to make the stay more enjoyable!
The home is located between Ave B and Ave C in the east village and is approximately 3 avenues from the nearest subway which isn't bad (less than a 10 minute walk) In addition taxi cabs are always easily hailed.
Some of the art and artifacts are subject to change without notice as the work is regularly swapped out for other work.
Check in time is between 12 noon and 6pm.
Check out is before 12 noon.
A check in before or after listed times (12 noon - 6pm) is at owners discretion and is not guaranteed. If you would like to check in before or after the listed times it will have to be discussed and agreed to by both parties in advance and before booking is confirmed. In addition, an early or late check in service is subject to additional fees. Early or late check in fees are as follows: $50 per hour for each additional hour before or after listed check in time. (late check in discounts and/or waivers are sometimes offered, but must be agreed to, in writing, prior to reservation confirmation to receive a fee discount or waiver)
Failure to check in within the posted/agreed upon times will be considered a “no show”. No refunds will be offered for “no shows.”
If you want a later check out this can also be arranged but must be discussed and agreed to in advance as well. If you would like a late check out it must be agreed to by both parties in writing at least 24 hours before check out and may be subject to an additional fees.
Rental Party: The guest confirms that he or she is over the age of 30 and can legally enter into this agreement. The rental party shall only consist of Guest and his/her family unless otherwise approved. All guests must provide a copy of their valid ID card prior to reservation acceptance.
Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 2 persons unless otherwise agreed upon. Anyone found staying with more than the maximum occupancy will automatically forfeit entire security deposit.
Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 12:00 p.m. on arrival date of confirmed reservation (the “Check-in Date”) and ends at 12:00 p.m. on the departure date of the confirmed reservation (the “Checkout Date”). An early check-in or late check-out may be available but must be arranged in advance.
Apartment Key: You will be provided with one set of apartment keys. These keys are special laser cut keys and in the event of a loss the cost of replacement is $250.00.
Housekeeping: While linens, towels and kitchen supplies are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Homeowner agrees to deliver the property in clean condition. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
Rental Rate and Fees: Payment in full is due immediately in order to confirm reservation.
Security Deposit: A security deposit of $1000.00 is required. This must be received in order to confirm the reservation. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) business days of departure, provided the rules listed in Exhibit A (Rental Rules) are abided by. Furthermore if any damages are done or expenses incurred by the Guest in excess of the $1000.00 security deposit, the Guest agrees to reimburse Homeowner for any and all additional expenses.
Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the Guest will be refunded as follows:
50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival, except airbnb fees
NO REFUND if cancelled less than 8 days prior to the Check-in Date.
No refunds will be given for storms, flight cancellations, or other acts of god.
If the Homeowner has to cancel the reservation for ANY reason the Homeowner agrees to issue a 100% refund for the entire rental amount stated in this agreement to the Guest. The Homeowner will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by the Guest other than the amount stated in this rental agreement.
Accidents, Injuries, Illness, and Loss of Personal Property: The Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is insurance that is intended to cover medical expenses, financial default of travel suppliers, and other losses incurred while traveling, either within one's own country, or internationally. We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property. Failure to abide by these rules can result in full or partial forfeiture of the security deposit.
Security Cameras: The buildings common areas are equipped with security cameras for your safety and the safety of the building. You are being recorded. Please remember to always abide by the maximum occupancy rules as well as all Rental Rules Listed below:
Exhibit A - RENTAL RULES:
Failure to abide by these rules can result in full or partial forfeiture of your security deposit!
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in the unit or in any of the building’s common areas. Any evidence of smoking found in the apartment will automatically result in forfeiture of entire security deposit.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The Guest agrees to keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
4. The Guest agrees to only use appliances for their intended uses.
5. The Guest agrees to inform the Homeowner of any damages done to the unit during the rental.
6. Animals are NOT allowed. Any evidence of animals being let into the apartment for any reason will automatically result in forfeiture of entire security deposit.
7. Falsified Reservations: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in. The Guest must be at least 30 years of age.
8. Unless previously agreed upon, Checkout must occur prior to 12:00pm. If you would like to arrange for a late check out please contact Homeowner as soon as possible to determine if it will be available. Any attempt to stay in the unit later than check out will result in forfeiture of your security deposit, and potential trespassing charges.
9. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
10. NO PARTIES ALLOWED - Its a small close building and if the neighbor complains about a party you will lose your entire security deposit and your reservation will be terminated immediately.
11. Doors to Apartment - Please remember to always lock the door when not in the apartment.
12. Posted Common Area Rules: All rules posted in the buildings common area must be abided by at all times.
13. Filming/Photography/Production: No filming, photography or production of any kind is allowed to take place in the apartment unless expressly agreed to in writing by both parties.
Disclosures: Guest has read the Disclosures Statement attached as Exhibit B and agrees to accept the realities of this apartment.
EXHIBIT B - Disclosures:
1. This is an actual "living home" where you will find the owners personal items in some drawers/cabinets, etc. This is not a hotel and you must accept the fact that it is not 100% perfect, but the trade off is you get a super spacious, interesting place to spend your time in NYC for the same price as if you were in a cramped suite or hotel room! (Many closets, drawers will also be cleaned out and empty for storage of your own personal items)
2. The owner does have a cat, although the cat will not be in the residence during your stay and the home will be cleaned prior to your arrival you may still see some cat hair. Please let us know if you are allergic to animals.
3. The unit is on the 5th floor and there is no elevator, (4 flights of stairs)
4. There is some "eclectic" art in the apartment and if you are easily offended by graphic images, taxidermy, or macabre artifacts please let us know and at the owners discretion some of the items can be removed from the apartment if arranged prior to check in to make the stay more enjoyable!
5. The home is located between Ave B and Ave C in the east village and is approximately 3 avenues from the nearest subway (which isn't bad) but I just want to be clear about that. taxi cabs are always easily hailed.
6. Some of the art and artifacts are subject to change without notice as the work is regularly swapped out for other work.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.