Completely refurbished 2 bedroom cottage, overlooking the stunning Rosscarbery estuary. Perfectly situated 5 min walk to Warren beach. Enjoy cosy nights in with the woodburning stove or the buzzing pubs and restaurants in Rosscarbery market square, a 15 min walk away. Playground, beach, pitch & putt and tennis within walking distance.
Described by one guest as "a luxury birdwatching hide" the cottage is small and simple but perfectly situated for views over Rosscarbery estuary. Completely refurbished in 2015 Pac's Cottage is a traditional Irish cottage on the outside and a simple, cosy cabin on the inside. The minimalist, Scandi-style decor is designed for a stress-free escape. The perfect spot for a cosy winter get-away or a summer beach holiday.
There a two bedrooms (one double, one twin) and a pull-put double sofa bed in the lounge. The bathroom has a shower/tub perfect for bathing the kids. The compact kitchen is small and basic but does the job and all appliances are new (fridge, microwave, oven and hob). The woodburning stove heats the whole cottage and provides instant relaxation.
Wifi is included.
The grounds are spacious and include a BBQ area and picnic table. Landscaping the garden is still a work-in-progress which is reflected in the price.
The cottage is child friendly and includes high-chair and baby travel cot. Guests will have access to a washing machine, tumble-dryer and freezer situated in an outhouse. There's no dishwasher but the small kitchen has an oven, microwave and fridge. The garden is still a work in progress but includes a BBQ area, picnic table, trampoline, swings, climbing frame/slide and a wood-fired hot tub.
The hot-tub is available for guests to use on request. There may be an additional cleaning charge. It's woodfired so you need to allow a couple of hours to heat it up but it makes any swim in the sea all the more rewarding and is well worth the wait.
There's plenty of parking space for guests. Rosscarbery has brilliant amenities including tennis, playground, pitch & putt, kayaking and the beach all within walking distance. However a car is recommended to explore the surrounding area including the stunning towns and villages of West Cork like Clonakilty, Glandore, Castletownshend, Skibereen and Union Hall all within 25 minutes drive and further afield Baltimore, Schull, Bantry and Ballydehob.
The cottage is a straightforward 50 minute drive from Cork airport along the N71.
Interaction with guests
We're available if you need to contact us.
Other things to note
Minimum booking 2 nights
We hope you'll relax and enjoy the cottage as much as we do. There aren't many rules and hopefully most of this is common sense...
1. The cottage will be cleaned before and after your stay but you'll enjoy your stay more if you keep it tidy.
2. Recycling is king - please use the bins provided to separate out food waste, recyclables and normal rubbish and leave everything in the big bins at the bottom of the drive on your last day. Glass should be kept separate, please take all glass empties to the bottle bank in Rosscarbery at the end of your stay.
3. The woodburning stove is what makes the house a home so please enjoy it but only burn wood and peat briquettes (no coal or other fuel please). Please also empty the ashes out (on the other side of the White wall down the driveway) at the end of your stay.
4. Absolutely no smoking in the house.
If you smoke outside, please dispose of your cigarette butts in the bin. If we have to sweep them up, there will be an additional cleaning charge.
5. Please don't use the Hoover to clean out the fire.