About this listing
Nestled in a small basti near mussorie, we are a boutique B&B place surrounded by pine and deodar trees and himalayan forest. We have long walks/hikes, peace, solitude and rich bird life to offer apart from basic tastefully done rooms n running cafe
We are away from the busy mountain town on mussorie but not so far that you feel isolated. The mall road can be reached in ten mins by car and about 35 on foot.
For those interested in history, we are part of the famous park estate where sir george everest first established his house and began marathon work on the survey of india. He went on to measure circumferance of the earth and height of everest peak. We are so proud to be part of this estate and sir george everest house is accessible by foor / road.
Guest shall have access to the common cafeteria on the ground foor, common verandah and common deck (meant only for house guests and not for cafeteria guests)
Library on the cafeteria ofders great reads for those interested in exploring india and guests shall be permitted to use these books while in the premises.
Cafeteria also has toys and board games for kids and adults which shall be freely used while guests are in the premises at the lodge.
Interaction with guests
We generally shuttle between mumbai and this mountain home so we may or may not be available at all the time. Though our caretakers would take care of entire housekeeping and cooking at additional costs.
Please appreciate that we do not have too many house rules but here are a few that we would like you to appreciate while you stay with us-
-If you are going to be late than your intimated time, pl do intimate to us. This enables us to give late check outs to existing occupants, if any.
- We do not have any ‘room service’ and we do not permit eating/ cooking in the rooms. Tea, Coffee and other beverages are served 'on order' and you can enjoy them on the veranda and the deck.
- In these mountains, water in your tap travels almost 30 kms before it reaches you. IT IS PRECIOUS! Pl try and save on the same.
- breakfast will be on chargeable basis from Oct 01 onwards
- We prefer you not blasting music in the room / veranda
- During winter time (Dec 15th till March 15th), coil heater is provided in the room and the same is not charged separately. If you wish, you can avail of electric blankets (subject to availability) by paying extra charge @ Rs 300 per night and Wi-Fi is charged @ Rs 250 per day. Please bear in mind that like everything else in Mussorie, internet is also slow and moody ~ therefore not dependable :)
- We request you to speak softer in the rooms as our walls are porous and the quiet area that we live in ~ your loud voice is capable of disturbing neighbor and owner occupying the adjoining cottage :)
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 17 reviews for other properties.View other reviews