About this listing
Relax and unwind in the comfort of this private getaway located in the heart of Prince Edward County, and a short drive to the Sandbanks Provincial Park. This 3 bedroom cottage is located on the Bay of Quinte just east of the town of Picton.
Cedar Glen Cottage is a perfect meeting spot for "get togethers" with family, friends, girlfriends or fishing buddies, and a great romantic getaway too. It's also a great spot for fishing and boating.
Nestled among cedar and oak trees in a private setting, this is a natural paradise and home to a variety of birds and wildlife, yet it is conveniently located close to local attractions and amenities, and offers some of the best walleye and bass fishing in the area. 100 feet of private waterfront and a 16 foot dock are available for your use and pleasure.
Three bedrooms - accommodates 7 (max 5 adults)
* Master bedroom with queen bed
* 2nd bedroom with double bed
* 3rd bedroom with double/single bunk beds
* Cathedral ceilings in all rooms; heavyweight cotton blankets plus duvets on all beds
Efficient country style kitchen with stove, fridge, microwave, dishes, cutlery & utensils, cookware, toaster, coffee maker, kettle, blender; propane BBQ with side burner on deck. Special feature: antique double porcelain sink with drain boards. Eating area with oak table - extra leaf provided.
Cozy cottage decor with lots of windows. Access to deck from living room
Cathedral ceiling with ceiling fan. Smart TV with NetFlix, CD player/radio.
Lots of books & kid's supplies/games/toys.
* Covered deck includes propane BBQ with side burner, dining table, and lounge chairs
* Bird-lovers paradise (don't forget your binoculars)
* Beach pass included with rental; provides unlimited daytime access for one vehicle to Sandbanks & North Beach
* Cyclist Friendly: A covered storage area under the deck is provided for bicycles, as well as repair kit/tire pump and local cycling information
* 100' private shoreline; rocky bottom with weeds (becomes weedier as the water gets warmer so it's not a recommended swimming area)
* 16 foot dock ideal for docking boats and fishing - May 1 to Thanksgiving
* Located in prime fishing area - pickerel (walleye), bass, pike, perch
* Boat launch, boat & motor rentals and bait are available 1 km away
* About 35 stair steps from cottage to dock
* Outdoor firepit for evening campfires
Interaction with guests
Contact information, directions & key instructions will be emailed to you one week before your arrival. A binder with cottage details, tourist information, and contacts is provided at the cottage. The owner is available 24/7 to assist you if needed.
Cedar Glen Cottage is located 5 km east of the town of Picton and less than a 20 minute drive to the popular Sandbanks Provincial Park. The cottage is situated on Picton Bay on the lower Bay of Quinte - between Picton and Glenora Ferry. It's also within a few kilometres of the Waupoos wineries and the natural wonder of Lake-on-the-Mountain. Enjoy a scenic drive and check out the wineries, local cheese & farm markets, the studio and art galleries, and the antique and craft shops along the way. For lunch or dinner, stop and sample some regional cuisine at one of our many fine restaurants.
Lots of parking available for cars as well as boat trailers.
Other things to note
* High Season (Jul-Aug): WEEKLY RENTALS ONLY with Saturday check-in/check-out
* Mid & Low Season: 2 night min, 3 night min for long weekends
* Rates are tax exempt
* $250 refundable security deposit required
* Blankets and pillows are provided. Sheets, towels, and kitchen linens are NOT included but can be provided for a fee (sheets $17/set, towels $8.50/set)
* Please bring your own beach towels, swim shoes, and life jackets
* Toilet paper, paper towels, salt & pepper, dish detergent, propane, and garbage bags will be supplied
* Drinking Water – The water supply comes from a well, therefore Ontario water regulations require that you either purchase drinking water or boil it before using it for drinking. One complimentary jug of water is provided with each rental.
* Cleaning service is NOT included but can be provided for a fee ($70)
* Early Check-in/Late Check-out - During busier months, there is a fee if you'd like to extend your stay by 4 hours: $60 for an early check-in and $60 for a late check-out. This fee is charged because an early check-in/late check-out prevents us from renting the cottage the previous night/the night after. During slower months, we would be glad to provide a complimentary early check-in or late check-out provided it is pre-arranged.
* This cottage is fully winterized for all-season comfort.
* Maximum 7 persons; no more than 5 adults
* Check-in 3:00 pm; Check-out 11:00 am
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
I'm the Guest Services Manager at County Holiday Homes, a vacation rental agency in Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada. Our office is located in Picton, the largest town in the area. We manage several properties on behalf of the owners and we've been in business for 10 years. I'd be glad to help you book this property for your vacation. If you have any problems during your stay, we're only a phone call away and we'd be glad to assist you in any way that we can.