Cabin, our furnished 600 square foot cabin will sleep up to 5 (4 adults or 2 adults and 3 children). It has one bedroom with queen bed, linens provided. A twin bunk and queen sleeper in the living room, bottom sheets only provided. Porta-crib in broom closet. There is a full sized kitchen with high chair, coffeepot, toaster, microwave and kitchen and dinnerware; bathroom with shower. There is a wall furnace and LR window A/C, Direct TV/DVD, and phone for local calls, calling card needed for long distance. There is no cell service. Wireless Internet is intermittently available and is not guaranteed. The cabin has a filtered view of the lake, but is only steps away from the waterfront. Cabin is “Pet Friendly", by pet friendly we mean up to 2 dogs and no cats.
Waterfront: Our private waterfront has a floating dock, and a variety of watercraft for your use. Life jackets are provided and required for all boaters. Chairs are provided, but you will need umbrellas for shade. The waterfront has a large campfire ring, stage and chairs as well as a picnic area with tables and charcoal BBQ. Wood may be gathered for campfires. Campfire permits are not required. The lake is seasonal, the dam is opened Nov 1 and closed again April 1, but this can vary depending on rain and drought conditions and can lake levels can be quite low towards the end of the summer.
Once reservation is accepted, guests will need to go to our web site and fill out a rental application and release of liability. Rates include 10% bed tax. 3 day minimum over Holidays.
Entire waterfront and all the amenities, life jackets, canoes, kayaks, picnic area and fire pit
Other things to note
Lake is drained from Nov 1 to about April 1 depending on weather and can be quite low in dry summers. With the drought we expect low water levels this year. The Yuba River is nearby.
There are potential risks and hazards associated with CAMP WATANDA, a natural area, that include bodies of water, falling/fallen timber, ruts and holes; and local wildlife that may include rattlesnakes, bears or wildcats. Insects such as Brown Recluse Spiders, Black Widow Spiders, Yellow Jackets/Bees; and Mosquitoes known to spread WEST NILE VIRUS and Ticks known to spread LYMES DISEASE have been found in Nevada County.
Things to remember before you go:
* Maximum cabin occupancy is 5 people (4 Adults or 2 Adults and 3 Children) & 2 dogs, please do not invite extra day guests without consulting with the owner. Extra fees apply.
* The cabin is self check in/out. Check in time is 3:00, check out time is 11:00. Please do not plan to arrive sooner than 3:00 or depart later than 11:00 without prior arrangement as we need this time to clean. Extra fees apply for early check in and late check out.
*This is a nonsmoking cabin, smoking is permitted at the fire ring on the waterfront. The use of "medical cannabis" is not permitted. We are not a fit for you if you plan on using this product on our property. If discovered you will be charged an additional $250 cleaning fee, the remainder of your reservation will be canceled and you will be asked to leave.
* There is lots of poison oak, stay on trails and out of the woods.
* There is an ALL LAKE quiet from 9:30 pm to 7:00 am in which music is to be turned off and only activities that do not create a disturbance are allowed.
* Only the Queen bed is made up, bottom sheets are provided for the twin bunk beds, complete linen sets are available in the dressers. There are two sleeping bags.
* The beige garbage dumpster is located on the driveway, the comingled recycle dumpster is next to it. Recycling is required. We have bears, keep all garbage inside.
* Nonperishables may be left, food that is in the cabin when you arrive maybe used.
* Toiletries are not provided. If you are bringing a pet, be sure to bring a towel for them.
* There are departure instructions on the refrigerator.
* Please go to our web (email hidden) for directions, DO NOT USE MAPQUEST. This is wrong information.
* There is no cell phone service.
This host has 12 reviews for other properties.View other reviews