About this listing
Come enjoy a relaxing, rustic, no frills stay at our Gasparee Island Home (also FOR SALE @ TT$1.6M - Exch Rate US$ 1 ~ TT$ 6.50).
ALWAYS ASK US IF WE CAN MAKE YOU A SPECIAL OFFER.
WE WOULD LOVE TO ENCOURAGE MORE STAYS DURING THE WEEK FROM MONDAY TO THURSDAY.
Come enjoy a relaxing, rustic, no frills stay at #7, Bayview Beach Resort and Marina, formally Fantasy Island/ Bombshell Bay.
- We provide bed linen but PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING YOU OWN TOWELS
- Kitchen fully equipped, toilet and shower (2),bedrooms (3), linen provided and ceiling and standing fans throughout the house.
•Use of common facilities: Tennis & Basketball court, Swimming pool, Beach, Restaurant, Road-ways for walking.
Renters without Boats
Transport to and from our property located on Gasparee Island is via a reliable and friendly Water Taxi service operators who live on Gasparee .
You should walk with cash to cover the following costs:
•Boarding fee at Crews Inn Marina ~ TT $23.00 per person.
•Parking at Crews Inn Marina ~ TT $40.00 per day
•Water Taxi cost ~ TT $40.00 per person, one way.
Renters with Boats
Renters with private boats will need to contact Mr. Rishard Ramjohn for docking options. We would be happy to provide his information upon receiving your booking.
Interaction with guests
We are happy to assist our guests and will leave you with our mobile numbers should you need to be in contact or have any questions during your stay. Please message us with any questions you may have before making your booking.
We are happy to hear any feedback before, during our after your stay so let us know.
Gaspar Grande (commonly called Gasparee), Monos and the diminutive Caribbean islands of "Boca del Dragón" (the Dragon's Mouth) are located between Trinidad and the South American mainland; just off Chagaramas at Trinidad's most northwesterly tip. Known collectively as "Down-the-Islands", this cluster of isles, each between 5 to 15 miles long, is a mecca for boating, sailing and fishing. It's one of Trinidad's most idyllic locations for family vacations.
If you wish to explore Down-the-Islands beyond Gaspar Grande island you can rent and skipper your own small boat during your stay from Calypso Marine Services Ltd located at 5111 Western Main Road, Chaguaramas, Trinidad W.I. They rent the following sized boats:
- 23 foot pirogue basic - TT$ 500/day
- 23 foot pirogue with console - TT$ 750/day
- 28 foot pirogue with console - TT$ 1500/day
The Pirogue, a hull design developed by Trinidad fisherman for local water conditions, is a stable and reliable boat for transporting people to and from island homes, general sightseeing and inshore fishing. Pirogues make ideal aquatic runabouts for those who rent private Caribbean villas.
If you plan to rent a boat please note that basic boat handling competency is required. While the sea is usually fairly calm Down-the-Islands, onshore winds can cause choppy seas that make boat handling more challenging for the inexperienced.
Other things to note
Somethings to do while you are “Down the Islands”:
- Relax and enjoy lazy day with friends.
- Rent and skipper your own boat and enjoy Down the Islands at your own pace.
- Fishing & Sight Seeing Charters
- Scuba Diving
- Exploring Gasparee including the remains of a Spanish Colonial Fort from the late 1700s; a World War II gun emplacement; and Gasparee Caves which is a natural limestone cave with a mysterious pool at its base
- In the evenings, if you wish to dine off the island, there are two very good great restaurants within boating distance of Gasparee including Sails Restaurant & Pub and Lighthouse Restaurant at Crews Inn Hotel and Yachting Centre.
No smoking indoors.
Guests must not interfere with the reasonable peace, comfort and privacy of other residents and must leave all common areas neat, clean and tidy after using them.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
I live in Houston with my wife and two boys. We enjoy travelling when we have the opportunity. We have used AirBNB extensively on our travels in Australia and Europe. On our travels we like to stay with hosts who have good reviews as accommodation plays an important part in our stay. Likewise as guests do our best to build good relationships with our hosts so that other hosts will welcome our business.