About this listing
The Santos Penthouse is located on a hill above the town of Funchal, with spectacular views of the harbor and the bay, as well as the entire amphitheater of Funchal. It’s a 10-15 minute walk to the city center.
The Santos Penthouse is located on a hill above the town of Funchal, with spectacular views of the harbor and the bay, as well as the entire amphitheater of Funchal.
It’s a 10-15 minute walk to the city center.
Within the various possibilities to reach on foot to the city center, we highlight two routes, one of which passes through the largest shopping center of Funchal (about 8-10 min walk), and the other by several monuments and museums, such as:
- A 2-minute walk from the apartment, there is the Fort of St. John the Baptist of Pico, built in 1600, and that was an important fortress that was part of the defensive system of the city of Funchal, against the Buccaneers and attacks pirates. In this monument there are viewpoints with commanding views over the city.
- Nearby we have the Storeroom of Pico, it was a place where they kept the ammunition that supplied the various barracks. It is currently disabled as a magazine, but it is a monument with a beautiful architecture and where we can have a unique view of the city .
- A 6-7 minute walk , you can find the Quinta das Cruzes Museum, consisting of a former residence of the " Squires das Cruzes " , the chapel of Our Lady of Mercy, by a beautiful garden which includes a nursery and an archaeological park and a museum with pieces of furniture , jewelery , jewelery , ceramics and sculpture
It was on Thursday, João Gonçalves Zarco (discoverer of Madeira), established his second home .
- In front of this museum is the Universe of Memories of João Carlos Abreu, located in a beautiful house from the end of century. XIX, where the collections of the journalist and writer João Carlos Abreu.
- Right after we found the Convent of Santa Clara, which was built on the century. XVI, built by second captain done of the island, João Gonçalves da Camara.
Here you can visit the hall , the chapel of S. Gonçalo de Amarante , the porch of access to choirs and cloisters , the lower choir and the choir from above.
A little further down, towards the city, we have the Casa Museu Frederico de Freitas , which is one of the century . XVII, where the noted lawyer lived, notary and collector Madeira Frederico de Freitas, and where they can see their remarkable collections.
The Santos Penthouse, consists of two floors in the first we have a large and pleasant living room with TV and a beautiful view over the city and bay of Funchal , a dining area for 8 people, also with great views Three bedrooms (two with double bed and one with single bed) , two bathrooms , a kitchen and a balcony from which to enjoy the fireworks ace 0 hours of New Year's Day (which, in year 2006/2007 , was considered the world 's largest fireworks show, having been certified by the " Guinness world of Records " ) .
This balcony can also admire the pyromusical spectacle that takes place every year in the four consecutive Saturdays of the month of June, at 22:30 , outside the pier jetty, which lasts for 19 minutes and put in competition specialized firms this kind of shows, from all over the world.
It is a spectacle inserted in the Atlantic Festival, which marks the beginning of summer in Madeira and includes a number of initiatives throughout the month of June , and to highlight the pyromusical shows, the music festival of Madeira and the week of the arts .
On the second floor of Santos Penthouse, we have a living room with TV, a bedroom with double bed and a bathroom.
Around the apartment there are several pubs, one mini market, a bakery, a take away restaurant, and several restaurants.
The apartment has 2 floors. The part of the apartment we rent in exclusivity is the upper floor Which consists in a bedroom, a bathroom and a living room with an ofice. The kitchen, the main living room, the dining room and the balcony of the ground floor, are shared whith us, excepted in summer time (July, August and September), becouse in that period we dont live there, so all the house is for exclusive use of the guest.
Interaction with guests
Estamos sempre disponíveis
In the neighborhood there are bakeries, restaurants, greengrocer and several cafes
O bairro é servido por autocarros
Other things to note
There is a baby bed available for free.