About this listing
Our home is perfect for families needing space but still wanting to be close to everything. Stunning 3 bed/2.5 bath easily fits 10. Centrally located in East Bay w/easy freeway access to SF (15 min. drive to downtown SF), plenty of public transit.
This exquisite custom crafted home located on the Oakland/Emeryville border is loaded with upgrades. Some of our home's many highlights include:
- 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and 2,800 approximate square feet of living space.
- A chef’s dream, modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances including: gas cook top range with custom hood, side by side refrigerator, built-in dishwasher and wine refrigerator; and breakfast bar with counter seating and inviting breakfast nook.
**The heart of the home is the grand family room that is built AROUND a majestic Redwood tree displayed by a two story wall of windows. MUST SEE this wall of windows and the massive Redwood!
- Yard features lawn areas and an extended driveway that easily fits three cars.
This home truly has it all, a must see!
The entire house will be open to guests. One of the bedrooms is the baby's room, so there's a crib and a leather sofa. We ask that you remove shoes in the baby's room, but other than that, guests have free roam to the house. We simply ask that you respect the home as though it were your own. We are first time homeowners and we love our house, and we look forward to sharing our stunning home with visitors to the Bay.
Interaction with guests
We will be available via text, phone and email should anything come up. We have family located throughout the area within very close proximity to the house so if we are not nearby to help, we can ask a friend or family member to stop by the house for assistance.
Our home is located in one of the hottest neighborhoods in the country, West Oakland. Long a hidden gem, people are starting to discover what makes West Oakland so unique and desirable: large residential homes with VERY easy access to the entire Bay Area - SF's core, Oakland's most happening bars/restaurants, Berkeley's unique charm, the island of Alameda and all parts in between. Our home is located on the Oakland/Emeryville border, right near the heart of the Maze. Highly walkable neighborhood - 15-20 minute walk to Emeryville's Bay Street, Oakland's Temescal and Uptown neighborhoods; 25-30 minute walk to Jack London Square and Lake Merritt. Yet it's still just a 15 minute drive into downtown SF, so you essentially enjoy the best of all worlds in West Oakland.
Restaurants, Bars and Retail options ABOUND within a short walk or a VERY short drive from our home. Just a few of our recommendations include:
*Restaurants: Drake's Dealership (brewery/beer garden); Lost & Found (family-friendly beer garden); Wally's Cafe (inexpensive Mediterranean food listed as one of Yelp's top 100 restaurants); Burma Superstar (super popular Burmese cuisine featured on many of the food networks); Mua (industrial vibe, restaurant/bar, very hip).
*Bars: Drake's, Lost & Found and Mua (listed in restaurants above) also serve as great drinking destinations. In addition to those faves, we also frequent Double Standard (large outdoors with lights and a massive Redwood tree); Make Westing (hip cocktail bar); Prizefighter (gourmet cocktails, good beer selection, outdoor patio and shuffleboard - consistently rated as one of the country's top bars by publications like NY Times); the Trappist and Beer Revolution (two of the country's top beer halls, both are located about 10 minute drive from the house and are close enough to each to walk from one to the other); Mad Oak (hip new bar in downtown Oakland with a massive outdoor patio and an outdoor rooftop).
*Retail: Nordstrom Rack; ULTA Beauty; Oaklandish; Ikea; Target; the Bay Street Shopping Mall (20 minute walk or a 5 minute drive), which includes H&M; Forever 21; Gap; Alex & Ani; Apple Store; Athleta; bebe; Uniqlo and many more stores.
VERY easy freeway access and plentiful public transportation options:
- Downtown SF via freeway (15 minute drive) or public transit (12 minute BART ride).
Note: our home is closer to SF's core - Financial District, SOMA, Embarcadero, Union Square, North Beach - than many of SF's neighborhoods.
- Drive times to the following Oakland/East Bay locations:
*Jack London Square - 10 minutes
*Uptown (Fox Theater, Paramount Theater, Bars, Restaurants) - 5 minutes
*Lake Merritt - 5 minutes
*Berkeley - 10 minutes
*Alameda - 15 minutes
- Drive time to SFO Airport: 30 minutes without traffic (60 minutes with traffic).
- Drive time to Oakland Airport: 15 minutes without traffic.
Don't have a car? No problem! There are plenty of public transit options, the area is highly walkable and Uber/Lyft rides are easy to hail. Here are some options if you don't have a car:
- Two BART stations nearby - MacArthur BART is 8 blocks away (20 minute walk or a 3 minute drive); West Oakland BART is 1.5 miles away (10 minute drive). Note: both stations are major transfer points, which means the entire BART system is within easy reach.
- Ample Bus stops are within 1-2 blocks of the house.
- Walkability is off the charts! If you like walking, there are plenty of places to explore on foot.
- The Oakland-Alameda-SF ferry is a 10 minute ride via Uber/Lyft. This is HIGHLY recommended as the most scenic way to get into downtown SF or the Fisherman's Wharf. Departs from Jack London Square.
This is a family house with a young baby, so the use of drugs are not permitted. Also, if getting so drunk you don't know which apartment is yours is your goal, please don't request a reservation. You will be asked to leave immediately.
The house is very well insulated inside, but we have neighbors on both sides, so we ask for no excessively loud noise outside after 10pm.
ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING. No pets. Not sure about something? Just ask. We're pretty cool about most everything else, we just don't want our home turned into a party house.
This place would love your review
When you book this place, here’s where your review will show up!