About this listing
Welcome to our fabulous 1930's much-loved character home - insulated and ventilated, it is completely private with guest dedicated access.
Located at the foot of Cashmere Hills, approx. 20-min drive from the Airport and 10-min drive from the CBD, close to all amenities - cafes, bars, restaurants, supermarkets, Pioneer Stadium, Adventure Park and bus stops.
Come and enjoy the vintage chic!
The front part of the house offers two bedrooms with comfortable queen size beds, separate bathroom, kitchenette and guest dedicated entrance where you can come and go as you please.
We only take one booking at a time so you will not be sharing the space with people you don't know. Perfect for solo business traveller, a couple, 3 friends or group of 4.
* Your own facilities and entrance.
* The entire house has been insulated top to bottom and ventilation system installed so is cozy and warm with fresh air.
* The bathroom is between the two bedrooms, it has an overhead heater, shower over bathtub, heated towel rails, sink unit and toilet.
* The kitchenette comes with a microwave, bar fridge, toaster, kettle, and tea/coffee making facilities.
* Complimentary tea and coffee.
* Nespresso machine.
* First morning self-serve light continental breakfast provided - cereal, toast and spreads.
* Four-port USB charger for your devices.
* Where possible, we supply spray-free produce and use Eco-friendly cleaning products.
* Electric blanket fitted on each bed with dual control (during cooler months).
* Quality linens and bedding with luxurious 80/20 white goose down & feather surround pillows
* Wall-mounted smart TV in each room (one with Chromecast)
* Fast, unlimited WiFi.
* Netflix (you'll need your own login details to download movies/tv).
* Hairdryer, iron & ironing board.
* Nice clean towels, shampoo and shower gel.
* Epsom salt for a relaxing hot bath.
* Smoke detector and first aid kit for your safety.
* Free, all day and no restrictions ON STREET parking (if you have a rental car).
You will have your own facilities and access to come and go as you please.
You are very welcome to the private courtyard and garden during warmer months where, you can sit and enjoy a glass of wine/beer or read book/magazine after a hard day exploring our beautiful and unique city.
The second bedroom is available for booking of 3+ people or on request only.
Interaction with guests
Complete privacy - we will leave the keys for collection and then the space is all yours to relax and enjoy.
We work long hours so may not be there when you check in, a manual containing helpful information including local attractions and emergency numbers are provided in a folder upon arrival.
However, if you require any further assistance, we're only an email or a door-knock away as we live at the other end of the house. I also have my phone on most of the time so can be reached anytime should you have any questions.
Geoff and I are home most nights and will be more than happy to assist anyway we can to make your stay memorable.
Other things to note
* When booking for two, we assume you are a couple and will prepare one bedroom only unless advise by you otherwise.
* The second bedroom is only available for booking of 3+ people or on request as above.
* If you're checking in much later than 3pm in the day/night, please let us know so we can draw curtains, turn on outdoor sensor and hallway lights etc. for you.
We want you to enjoy what we've created for you during your stay, and we'd appreciate it if you would respect and take care of our properties like your own.
No smoking inside the house or anywhere on the property.
No extra person sleep over who is not registered on Airbnb.
No cooking other than microwave method using microwave specific containers provided.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
Originally from Taiwan, while Taiwan holds a special place in my heart Christchurch is where I now call home. Christchurch is becoming a unique and exciting city after the earthquakes and I embrace the change with open arms.
I love the concept of Airbnb – it's personal and authentic, it certainly has more 'souls' than hotels, and you get to connect with the locals and have fun sharing stories. We'd only consider staying at Airbnb when we travel and now opening our home to you. We hope you'll enjoy your stay and share your stories with us.
I love opera, enjoy going to movies, the theatre, chilling out with family and friends over glass of wine and foods are also my favourite past time.
Geoff, my husband, on the other hand loves a good debate on anything that is oddball and non-conventional, he also enjoys politics and philosophy - he reckons that he was once a famous Austrian philosopher in his previous life ;-)
We welcome you to our home and if you feel like a chat, a glass of wine/beer or a shoulder to cry on, we're only a door-knock away.