* Quiet neighborhood with convenient access to "everywhere" in the North Phoenix Valley
* Private suite is roomy, well lit private suite with patio door opening into the spacious (work in progress) back yard and the bathroom offers a garden tub in addition to the shower.
* Comfortable, simple shared living room, kitchen, nook, half bathroom, & patio area
Our house is simple, quiet and peaceful. Guests are invited to relax in the complete lower level of the house - living room, kitchen, nook, & half bathroom - and in the spacious back yard (which is currently undergoing upgrades) with an array of patio furniture, a gas grill, and chiminea. Our yard is a good place to enjoy some beautiful sunsets.
The bedroom suite sports a king size bed, table, and desk chair. The private bathroom includes a shower and separate garden tub ... and the toilet has it's own little room.
The kitchen is furnished with dishes & items for warming food or preparing an occasional meal "at home." A small space can be available in the refrigerator and in the pantry with advanced request. (Please keep all food in the kitchen.) The grill out back is also available for use.
The living area is a comfortable sunny place in the afternoon, a cozy place to relax and read any time.
The house is protected with an alarm system and there are security cameras outside for added safety & peace of mind.
Please not that a couple times a week a Loving Support group meets at this location for 2 hours. For more info please visit (URL HIDDEN) or (URL HIDDEN)
To map distance to any location from our house using your favorite mapping program, start at Paradise Valley Community College, (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)nd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85032 and know you'll get info within 1/2 mile of our house.
We provide a keyless entry for your convenience of coming and going as you please. (It is very important that you familiarize yourself with the provided instructions to operate it properly! Please carefully read House Guidelines before you arrive.)
The Suite has a patio door leading directly out into the back yard for your enjoyment.
We also have a community pool with Jacuzzi just around the corner. It's available hours of use are 7 am-10 pm. The pool key will be provided upon request.
There are hiking trails within only a couple miles in several directions. Please see the Guidebook for a few of our favorites.
Interaction with guests
We like to visit a little bit when around the house - enjoy making new friends. We occupy the upstairs and will generally not be spending much time in the common areas during the week except at our meal times. Weekends we are around the house a fair amount. We will be accessible by text or email around our other commitments when not at the house to answer any questions you might have. When we're all there, we are happy to visit a little.
Other things to note
Chili, the cat, resides here and may asked to be loved at times. Usually she is quiet and you hardly know she's around but sometimes she likes to "talk" and requests attention. Sometimes she likes to sit next to you on the couch and be petted. If you don't want to pet her, a gentle push a time or two usually gives her the needed hint. Also a quiet clap will let he know it isn't good time for you.
ABSOLUTELY no smoking on property. We attempt to be chemical free, so prefer that you refrain from using perfumes and colognes and we use natural cleaners for your convenience and health.
Our house is shoe free. Please leave shoes by the door any time you are at the house.
Please keep food in the kitchen area; please no food in suite.
No additional guests without the first getting approval from hosts.
Quiet hours are 10 pm - 7 am during the week and until 8 am on the weekends. (Please remember this when in the kitchen since pans, dishes, and cabinet doors can be amazingly noisy.)
Please keep all personal items in the suite when not using them ... except for shoes which are to be left by the door.
Leave common areas as neat when you leave the area as when you arrived.
Entry Door Lock –
• Your door code was set up specifically for you. Please to don’t share it with anyone.
• When you arrive, type in your code then press the lock button in the middle of the pad and it should unlock. If you mis-type your code at any point, click the lock button to reset and start again.
• As you leave simply close the door and press the lock button. Please be sure the door lock beeps 1 time after pressing the lock button and check to be sure it’s locked before walking away. If it flashes red and beeps three times, that means it did NOT lock. Please pull door handle gently and attempt locking again.
WiFi – Your WiFi Guest Code is will be given to you upon your arrival
Temperature – During the winter we keep the temperatures set at about 69° but are willing to adjust that a few degrees if needed for your comfort. (At night, during the cool season, we prefer to keep the windows & doors open at night. Please let us know if that works for you.)
• Please keep all food in the kitchen area and refrain from taking it into the suite.
• A paper will be left in your room guiding you where to find items in the kitchen that are available for your use and where you may place food items you'd like to store for the duration of your visit. Please let us know in advance if you would like refrigerator and/or pantry space.
• We wash dishes by hand then place them in the dishwasher to drain. (We know ... not quite how it's usually done!)
• Coffee & herbal tea are available. Further instruction will be on the papers in your room.
• After each use, please leave the kitchen as neat and clean as you found it. There is a broom & dustpan by the washing machine if needed.
• Please avoid using the oven between noon & 8 pm during the week - which are peak hours – as much as possible.
Iron & Ironing board – they are found inside the door of the closet under the stairs.
Laundry – You a welcome to wash clothes as needed Sunday – Thursday. We ask that, as much as possible, you do not use the dryer during peak hours – noon to 8 pm Monday - Thursday.
NOTE: Chili, the cat – We prefer that Chili stays indoors for her health, but she LIKES to go out and is an escape artist. If she sees a door cracked or open, she will head out that door and disappear very fast, so, as much as possible, please be sure to keep doors closed & latched. IF she manages to get out, don’t stress about it. She’ll be at the back door in a couple hours asking to come back inside.
We expect you to treat our home as you would your own... or better. Thank you. We look forward to meeting you and making new friends.
I like to explore the world, to meet people, and experience various cultures and environments. I very much enjoy meeting people and appreciate diversity of cultures, languages, & lifestyles. I am especially fond of the outdoors - hiking, camping, floating down rivers in various crafts or flying across a lake in or behind a ski boat, diving through waves or body boarding in the ocean waters, and then there's snorkeling to see the vivid underwater beauty. Did I say I like water? LOL
I choose a total plant-based diet and from that place enjoy trying new foods from around the world - so far Thai is my favorite with Vietnamese, Mexican, and Ethiopian right behind.
I am a proud mom with 3 adult children and look forward to many happy trips with my family.
I have a dream and a passion that is beginning to take shape. I want to own and operate a Youth Ranch that is different than any I know of now. I have a passion to have a safe, loving "family" that is ready to welcome and love teens and young adults who are seeking a family in which to learn they are genuinely and unconditionally loved regardless of their circumstances then where they can learn the life skills essentials to making their own dreams and goals a reality ... or maybe find their dreams and create some goals. I am blessed to see this beginning to take shape as I continue to meet people in places I never expected who are each able to give me another piece in the puzzle and to watch the outline of the picture of my life dream beginning to take shape. There are many details I can't even guess at, but I choose to be in faith that as long as I show up daily, that God will take care of the details in ways I can't even imagine... and why would I worry when there's the whole universe that He operates and that's far more than needed to make this dream a reality!
I am VERY blessed and incredibly grateful. I prefer to focus on all that I have and trust that what I don't have will enter my life at exactly the right right time if I keep moving forward, working faithfully, and loving people.