About this listing
A gorgeous, bright and cosy home from home in the East Village, my sunny 1 bedroom apartment is a great little sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of New York City. Don't be mistaken- It is not huge as it's Manhattan!! But high ceilings make it feel open and airy.
The space has a "railroad" style layout which means it is appointed all in a row: on entry there is a small bathroom to the left, the kitchen area is in front of you, then off to the right is the living area with french doors that fully close off the bedroom.
- The bedroom has a comfortable full double bed and 2 large windows making it airy and relaxing.
- The living room has a TV/DVD with cable & wifi, a sofa and a round glass dining table with chairs
- The kitchen is fully stocked with pots, pans, plates, glasses etc should you wish to cook, and it has a gas hob & oven, large fridge & freezer & sink.
- The bathroom is small but has a great shower with a half size bath and a loo
- The apartment is a 3rd floor walk up in the East Village/ Alphabet City, bordering the Lower East Side (Please note- there is no lift)
- There will not be cupboard or storage space for the guests I'm afraid but plenty of open floor space for suitcases/ bags to be laid out in the bedroom.
- Bed linens- sheets, duvet cover, pillows etc
- Clean towels
My apartment is located in the vibrant East Village/ Alphabet City, bordering the Lower East Side. It is a fantastic area with numerous restaurants and bars, delis, a local 24 hour pharmacy & a boutique wine shop on the corner, Tompkins Square Park nearby, all you could need at any hour of the day or night! There are also other conveniences such as banks, a couple of supermarkets and launderettes in the vicinity, and there is a community garden open on weekends next door (summer only).
A few walking distances:
- Lower East Side - 5mins
- Williamsburg Bridge - 8 mins (great for a run or to walk over to Williamsburg/ Brooklyn)
- Nolita/ Soho - 10/ 15 mins
- Union Square - 25 mins
- West Village - 35 mins
- The nearest subway stations are 2nd Avenue (F) and Essex St Delancey St (J/M/F) - both around 10 mins walk
- There is also Broadway Lafayette St (B/D/F/M) - around 20 mins walk
- There are lots of buses but I never get them so I'm afraid I cannot advise!
- Always easy to get a handy yellow taxi from this area also
****After a few fantastic airbnb experiences staying in other people's homes I have decided to list my own place! Please feel free to message me with any questions you may have****
No crazy house rules just the standard really:
- This is my home and I expect guests to treat it as they would their own and leave it in the same state they found it.
- No smoking inside
- I have neighbours in close quarters so no parties or big gatherings or making ridiculous amounts of noise
- I'd expect you to double lock the door when coming and going
- Some of my personal things will be stored in the apartment in my cupboards and shelves etc and I would expect them not to be touched.
- Naturally if there were any breakages of anything I would expect to be told honestly about these
I'm a fashion designer from London, currently living in New York. I love to travel, love music, friends & family, cooking, running, yoga, black coffee, eating a lot, relaxing, magazines, galleries and flea markets.