About this listing
Our historic property is located in the Village Proper and set back enough to feel secluded. Convenient walk to town center, restaurants, shops and bus to NYC. A great, Catskill Mountain getaway for all four seasons.
Welcome to the Carriage House. Please read through all of the provided information on this site. The House and the Barn were once apart of a larger farm along with the stone house next door. The stone house is one of the oldest homes in the County and arguably the oldest house in the town of Woodstock, built in 1790. The Barn was built in 1864. The living room of our house was the original carriage house to the barn and when the addition was put on the previous owners used the original footing, siding and roofing from the carriage house. You will find some excellent books in the living room written by the town’s former historian that give a great history of Woodstock and The Catskills.
1 Bedroom, 1 Bath 1400 sq.ft. home in the heart of the Catskill Mountains. Minutes walk to Woodstock Village, shops, restaurants, swimming holes and Bus Stop to NYC. Beautiful, wide board, pine floors, charming kitchen with modern amenities. Fireplace, wood stove, screened in porch, deck, grill, hammock between two apple trees with a 150 year old barn on the 1+ acre property. Caretaker lives on grounds. This is a perfect house to spend any of the four seasons in. Spring allows for the blooming apple and pear trees to fill the yard and the view from the kitchen and deck. Summer gives way to BBQs on our deck. And Autumn, for us, is the best time of year. Plenty of colorful maple trees on our property to compliment the famous catskill mountain fall. Our danish designed wood stove will keep everyone toasty and our swedish designed fireplace will add a great place to gather around. Not far from Belleayre, Hunter and Windham ski mountains. Our property is a State and Nationally registered Historical Site.
Guest will have full access of the main floor of house, screened in porch and property. Barn is not part of the rental, but can be visited if coordinated with Property Mgr.
On site property manager will greet guests, give a brief tour and provide keys. Manager can be reached by phone, text or email and will be available for any questions or concerns.
Woodstock is one of the most famous, small towns in the world and sits in the midst of the Catskill Mountains. Great restaurants, hiking, swimming holes, golf and fresh air.
It is best to travel upstate by car. However, our house is located in the village with a 5 minute walk from the Bus Stop that takes you to and from NYC. If you choose to take the bus you can walk to restaurants, swimming holes, hiking and stores all from our place.
We have an extensive vinyl record collection. We encourage everyone to enjoy this retro-sonic tradition, and to please take care in the use of the turntable and the records.
Guests have access to the 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom cottage and grounds.
Interaction with guests
Our on-site property manager will coordinate check in and will welcome you upon arrival. Interaction with Property Manager is only at the needs of our guests.
We are located right in the Village of Woodstock and minutes walk to swimming holes, Village Green center, shops, restaurants and bus to NYC. Yet, our property is set back enough to feel secluded. Woodstock is perfect location to branch off to nearby hiking, antiquing, skiing and other towns.
Adirondack Trailways stops in the center of town which is a 5 minute walk to our house. Our place allows to move around the town by foot, but if you wish to explore outside of the village it is best to have a car.
Other things to note
The Carriage House has a wood stove in the kitchen and a fire place in the Living Room. We encourage our guests to enjoy both of them during the colder days. We also encourage our guests to pay close attention to the instructions from our Property Manager on how to use and build fires. It will make for a more pleasant experience.
1. No smoking inside the house or anywhere near the barn.
2. There is a caretaker who lives on the property.
3. Use of 'sanitation safe' toilet paper only.
4. No large food scraps in garbage disposal. Garbage disposal is for only the smallest of residual food products from pre-washing.
5. Use of wood stove and/or fireplace for use after Property Mgr. instructs.
6. No pets.
7. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
8. The Carriage House is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this rental agreement, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
9. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
10. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
11. The turntable and Vinyl collection are delicate. Please handle with care.
12. Additional cleaning fee will be charged for any dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning
13. This is an exclusive site for hosting is not allowed to make any kind of meetings and parties or celebrations, is for the exclusive use of the guest.
14. Please turn off appliances and lights when not in use.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
We live in Brooklyn, NY and own the Carriage House in Mick's hometown of Woodstock, NY that we list here on Airbnb for others to enjoy when we are not enjoying it ourselves. We love to travel all over the United States as well as abroad and looking forward to trips that bring us closer to nature as well as exciting urban environments all over the world.