Stunning, spacious, comfortable with unobstructed views of the Lake and sunset. 2 BR, 2 bath, sun room, deck open to the sky, plus another small patio. Lake Merritt-the first Wildlife Refuge in the US is literally across the street! Running, walking, boating. 20 mins. to SF and Berkeley. Walk to 3 shopping areas--coffee houses, groceries, pharmacies, movie, all services.
Looking for a home away from home? Come sip your morning coffee on the brand new redwood deck, as you watch joggers, gulls and morning sun reflecting off the lake , and then return at the end of your day to sip your some wine and enjoy your unobstructed view of the sunset.
Our home is warm and friendly with lots of light and style, fully utilizing the 1100 square feet. The interior has been recently updated with fresh paint throughout and new flooring in the dining room. The apartment is on the top floor of a one of a kind, 8 unit building. The ceilings are high, the rooms are spacious. It has a sunken living room (3 steps) that separates the common spaces from the sleeping areas. The apartment spans the entire building, with west, east and northern exposures and offers priceless views with almost total privacy.
Our apartment is furnished with an eclectic mix of things we picked up from our travels around the world, paintings and original photographs that add color and magic. We invite you to kick back and enjoy yourself. The apartment is very spacious, with 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, a sun room with two walls of windows on the Lake, a nice sized, sunken living room, dining, and kitchen area. We're on the top (third floor ) of an eight unit building and there is an elevator for your convenience.
Master bedroom, has a queen size bed and comes with a desk, and an en-suite bathroom. The second bedroom has a double bed, wonderful garden view and a bathroom just outside the door.
Guests are welcome to use the entire space. A coin-operated washer and dryer are in the basement of the building, and available for your use.
Interaction with guests
It's important to us that you feel comfortable, and have your own privacy. We will be available for any logistical questions as well as questions regarding fun things to do around the Bay Area.
We'll most likely be out of town since we are renting out our home. We hope to be able to meet with you before heading out, or will leave instructions on your arrival. Either way, we'll be sure to communicate effectively to make sure we're all on the same page.
Other things to note
We have prepared a wonderful written guide for you that explains the ins and outs of our home. It also contains descriptions of lots of things to do in the neighborhood and in the area and how to get around.
As for the nitty gritty details, here's a list. (I love lists!)
• You'll be getting a set of keys, and there is also a call box to the apartment from the front door.
• Internet is available. We have basic cable T.V and you are welcome to watch Netflix, Amazon and other channels through Roku.a
• Please feel free to use the kitchen! Just leave it the way you found it. We love knowing our guests are breaking bread together!
Well, that's all we can think of telling you… Other than we are looking forward to possibly hosting you, and in case we don't answer your questions in the following sections, please feel free to contact us. We will try to respond as quickly as we can, since we know you want to nail down your accommodations quickly.
Sounds great, what's the catch?
So, in all honesty here's a few things to keep in mind… Just so that you're not surprised or feel there was the 'ol bait and switch…
• We live in an apartment building, in a city, which means you'll be able to hear normal city noises.
• We have a lot of breakable things in our house, so the apartment isn't too suitable for young kids, although we can always talk about it.
• We want to be good neighbors, which means we can't support loud guests /parties/activities that will disturb the peace in the building.
The carpets are clean but old and stained.
Sorry no parking on the premises.
When you're here, our home is your home. Please relax, make yourself comfortable and enjoy yourself. That said, here's a few things to keep in mind.
- The apartment is smoke-free and substance free, apologies that there is no bending of this rule.
- Please by all means use the kitchen, make dinner, eat, drink, be merry. Just please leave it how you found it. That goes with the rest of the house.