Let your imagination soar as you holler "Open sesame!" to the sliding wall-door of our living room and enter the mid-century study of the heroic Belgian reporter known as Tintin!
A luxurious couch-surfing experience with privacy and ocean views!
This room is available only from 5pm until 9am as it's used as an office during the day. It is quiet at night, but in the evening and morning it can be noisy as it is surrounded by our living area. Perfect for people just passing through overnight!
This is a semi-private room with a sliding wall-door that opens onto our living room. The double sofa-bed is a very comfortable. There is a large window with a view of the ocean. The bathroom is down the hall and is shared.
We have other rooms available in the house, please click on my profile to see more.
Please park your car directly in front of the house on the main street and enter the house through the FRONT door (not the side door by the garage). You will need to come through the garden gate and up the front stairs.
We ask guests to remove their shoes in our house - there is a shoe closet near the front door.
This room is available only from 5pm until 9am. Tintin needs to be able to use his study during the day. If you stay more than one night, you may leave your bag in the room and the bed made - we promise to be respectful of your things.
This is a room-only rental. You are welcome to enjoy the view from our front living room, but the back room and kitchen are reserved for our family. There is a small shared refrigerator in the front living room as well as hot water, tea and coffee.
Interaction with guests
Our interaction with guests depends on a number of factors. Many prefer to keep to themselves, and that's absolutely fine. Occasionally we will share a meal with a guest or sit down for a coffee or tea. If you have kids, they might like to play with ours. It really depends on circumstances, mutual interest and time.
Please feel free to approach us if you have any questions or would like recommendations on local attractions, restaurants and shops.
Other things to note
• We have two very young children who, on occasion, make loud noises—of both the joyful, and not-so-joyful variety.
• We are just down the street from the fire station—which means that we're all set if we have an emergency—but we also have the pleasure of knowing every time anyone else does.
• We are on a quiet main street next to a school. The street doesn't have much traffic, but the sound carries when someone drives by fast or playing thumping music. We do not get much noise from the school at all. During school drop-off and pick-up times, it can be hard to find parking - otherwise there is plenty of room on the street in front of the house.
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING (this is more like terms & conditions)
If anything is unclear or you have questions, please ask BEFORE booking!
Note: This room is used as an office during the day, so it is only available from 5pm to 9am on most weekdays. If you stay longer than one night, please leave your things neatly, and the bed can stay made.
Babies (under 2) are free if they sleep with their parents, otherwise you need to book for the appropriate number of people. There are no more than 2 people (over 2yrs) allowed in this room. If your group is bigger than that, please inquire about our other rooms.
- Please respect our check-in (5pm) and check-out (9am) times. Sometimes we can be flexible, but other times we have a tight schedule - so ask.
- Be prepared to read and follow instructions for self-check-in, where to park, and which door to enter. We are not always home.
- If you have any problems climbing up stairs, arrange with me ahead of time and we can let you use our private entrance on the side of the house (it is wheelchair accessible)
- There is a small fridge in the front living room, as well as coffee and tea for our guests. The back room and kitchen are reserved for our family. It is fine to poke your head in to say hello, but excuse our mess - this is not part of the rental. We live here, and while we are happy to share our home with others, it is important to us that we have a normal family life.
- Please be respectful of the wooden floors (shoes off, no dragging/scraping luggage), and the wooden furniture (use coasters, don’t drape your damp towels or wet things). We provide hooks in your room where you can hang your towels instead of placing them on the bed or the furniture.
- Quiet hours are from 9pm-7am. If you come in late, please do so quietly. Our walls are thin and we have other guests, try to keep your voices down after 9pm.
- No heavy drinking or drunkenness, drugs, or smoking on the premises. No parties. No pets. NO ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS!
Please give us feedback about how we can improve your stay.
This is a test:
If you have read these rules, send me a message saying "Gray Whale"