** SPECIAL OFFER AUTUMN/WINTER BREAKS AVAILABLE **
The Stables at Salcombe Farm is nestled in the rolling hills above Salcombe Estuary with far reaching views across patchwork fields and wooded valleys towards Batson Creek, East Portlemouth and beyond.
larch-clad exterior echoes The Barns agricultural roots whilst inside the contemporary conversion offers spacious luxury accommodation for up to six people. Perfect for two couples or family and friends looking for a place to stay.
There is a bespoke built kitchen with gorgeous granite worktops and island unit finished in duck-egg blue and includes fridge freezer, fan oven with grill, induction hobs, large white Villeroy and Boch butler sink, wine cooler, dishwasher and microwave. The open plan living space has a large window where you can take in the spectacular scenery from the lovely farmhouse kitchen table or the sumptuous sofas.
Both spacious en suite bedrooms and the living area in The Stables has French doors opening out onto the sandstone terrace with table and chairs that take in the morning sun. The sun-drenched views surrounded by scented flowers provide the perfect spot for sitting and relaxing listening to the morning bird song or watching the evening star scattered sky.
If you decide you do want to leave your little paradise, there’s plenty on offer. A 15 minute walk along picturesque country lanes past fragrant hedgerows and thatched cottages brings you to the nearest restaurants in Salcombe a further 10 minute walk to the center of town, that offers an abundance of fantastic shops, restaurants, cafés and pubs all with the backdrop of the Salcombe Estuary, one of the most spectacular destinations in Devon.
With lots of space, a flexible layout and panoramic views, this relaxing retreat offers luxurious living and a unique, amazing stay.
Other things to note
Lower Ground Floor
Sitting-room with satellite TV, DVD player.
Kitchen/Dining-room with electric cooker and hob, microwave, fridge-freezer and dishwasher.
Mill Bay Bedroom with king size double bed and two single beds arranged as bunk beds and en suite with shower, WC and wash-basin.
Starehole Bay Bedroom with king size bed and en suite with shower, WC and wash-basin.
Terrace area with garden furniture and barbecue
1. The earliest Check In time is at 4:00pm, the property will not be accessible until that time and there will be no acceptations. If you can't make at this time, please make sure you inform the hosts.
2. Children under the age of five are welcome, as long as prior notification is given.
3. Infants age two and under will all have an additional charge of £20 per night/per infant and we will provide the necessary equipment including:
i. Travel Cot
iii. Cot mattress protector
iv. Cot sheet
v. Cot duvet
vi. Cot duvet cover
vii. High chair
viii. Changing mat
ix. Bath Towel
Charges for Extra Persons after four people:
4. Children ages 3 – 18 years will all have an additional charge of £20 per night/per child and we will make the necessary beds up and provide bedding and bath towels.
5. All bookings for four or less people will only be provided with the two King Size Beds or the two bunk beds. If a third or fourth bed is required additional charges of £20 per night/per bed will be applied and are payable.
6. The Stables does not have the capacity for more than six people (other than infants two years or under sleeping in a travel cot).
7. Please Do Not Enter the stable yard, unless one of the hosts is present, as horses and ponies can be unpredictable.
8. Please Do Not touch either of The Farm Dogs as animals are unpredictable.
9. When bringing a dog to The Stables you must commit to all the house rules listed below:
i. An additional charge of £20 per night is payable per dog.
ii. Size, Age, Breed, Number of dogs should all be specified before booking.
iii. No dogs that are permitted to stay if they are on heat.
iv. If your dog has an accident or chews something, please notify us immediately.
v. Please provide adequate bedding for your dog.
vi. Dogs are to be kept on leads when walking around the farm grounds (as we have a lot of young livestock).
vii. You MUST clear up any dog poo that happens anywhere on the farm and leave dog poo bags in the bin area.
viii. Hoover up any dog hair.
ix. Please ask for a mop and bucket if there are any paw prints anywhere.
x. No dogs on the sofa or in the bedrooms (especially not on the beds), we have to do a special clean after dogs have been in the property, please remember some people are allergic.
xi. No dogs to be left unattended at anytime
10. Please follow all cleaning instructions listed in the guest book
11. Breakages and Damage
Please let us know as soon as possible of any breakages, spillages or other damage occurring during your stay so that we can resolve problems before the next occupants arrive. We do reserve the right to make a charge for all breakages and damages, and where applicable this will be taken from the security deposit (especially if we are not made aware of the damage before you depart).
12. Rubbish Disposal & Refuse Collection
It is the tenant’s responsibility for placing any rubbish from their stay in the correct bags and location for collection. The Farm reserves the right to pass on any charges resulting from the incorrect disposal of rubbish.
Please put all general rubbish in the BLACK BIN with the BLACK BIN LINER.
Please put all paper, cardboard etc. in the BLACK BIN with the BLUE BIN LINER.
Please put all cans, plastic bottles & trays etc. in the BLACK BIN with the CLEAR BIN LINER.
Please put all glass bottles & jars etc. in the BLACK TUB BIN.
13. Departure Arrangements
Please note that you are requested to fully vacate your property by 10:00am on the morning of your departure. We would be grateful if you would adhere to this time as this allows us time to prepare The Stables for the next guests.
We do ask that the property is left as clean and tidy as possible as there is only a small amount of time to prepare the property for incoming guests, therefore please could you:
Wash all crockery and cutlery and return all items to the cupboards, draws & shelves.
Empty bins and dispose of rubbish as per the instructions above.
Empty fridge and freezer and remove all food items (even those unopened during your stay).
Leave the furniture and equipment where you found them.
Please note that if the property is left in an unreasonable condition additional cleaning charges may be applicable.
14. We DO NOT provide beach towels.
15. Only loo paper down the toilet please, as we operate a septic tank and anything more will cause blockages.
16. Please close any gates you open behind you (livestock lives on the property).
17. Please Do Not fly drones (unless special permission is granted by the hosts).
18. The following anti social behaviour is not tolerated:
i. Due to the proximity of the neighbouring properties loud music is never accepted.
ii. The Farm is a peaceful rural retreat; therefore after 10:00pm voices and noises should be kept to low tones.
iii. No Smoking anywhere on The Farm premises.
iv. Consumption of illegal substances.
v. Wandering into Private Areas on The Farm.
vi. No airbeds, camp beds, bedding on the floor etc. are acceptable, only the beds provided are allowed.
19. Where it is deemed that guests are demonstrating anti-social behaviour, they will be issued with a verbal warning, if the anti social behaviour continues they will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
20. There is a 23cm deep pond, children are not allowed within the vicinity of it unless an adult supervises them.
This host has 239 reviews for other properties.View other reviews