At Amarillo B&B all the rooms are specially designed and decorated in a modern boutique style to host up to 15 guests who are looking for privacy and comfort. Our location is one of the best locations in the city.
This listing has been created to renting at least 2 of the 4 rooms or all the rooms at Amarillo B&B depending of the guests requirements. Those are specially designed and decorated in a modern boutique style to host up to 15 guests who are looking for privacy and comfort.
Amarillo B&B emerged six years ago as one of the many "private houses" for tourists in the city of Santa Clara, famous for Che Guevara. In November of 2015 Antoine and Saily began to manage the place with avant-garde concepts in terms of services and aesthetics.
Why Amarillo? Amarillo means Yellow, Yellow is a warm color, it is in the center of the spectrum of light visible by the human eye, just as Santa Clara is in the center of Cuba. Yellow is the most visible color in the distance. Yellow predominates in many paintings by Van Gogh, Antoine's favorite painter, and in sunflowers, Saily's favorite flower.
In aesthetics Amarillo B&B aims to distinguish itself by a sober but cozy style, stripped of unnecessary elements, decoration with vintage items that have been given a new functionality, plants, natural flowers and artificial light to highlight the hard work of DIY Antoine and Saily have developed.
Amarillo B&B has also been built over the Laura´s smile, who has worked there since the beginning, always attentive to everyone's needs.
The edifice was built in 1956 over the ruins of a house of the nineteenth century by Dr. Carlos Sparza: a large grounded floor to live and consult patients and three apartments above to rent. In 1959, when the Cuban Revolution triumphed, Commander in Chief Fidel Castro with his communist ideals, gave the property of those apartments to the tenants who lived there, so the property of Dr. Sparza became into only a grounded floor, enough for a family in the midst of the nascent Cuban revolutionary society. Apparently the doctor wanted to continue the building, which is noticed in the massive architraves and columns that supports it.
Amarillo B&B is not a place finished at all, it constantly changes according to the architectural whims of Antoine: guest´s money is invested in beauty: creating beauty and comfort is the mission of Amarillo Inn.
Amarillo B&B is defined by two words: hospitality and art, while bets for excellence, because excellence is what it aims for…
• Laundry service: We offer laundry service but unfortunately we cannot allow guests to use our washing machine, it is in a private place of the house and must be operated by accustomed users. Deliver your laundry at the front desk between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm and pick it up at 6:00 pm. The service rates changes according to the amount between 5.00 and 10.00 CUC.
• Taxi service: Due to the difficulty of transportation in Cuba we manage taxi service to and from Abel Santamaria International Airport, Jose Marti International Airport, Viazul Bus Station and cities such as Havana, Trinidad, Varadero, Cienfuegos and more. The rates for this service depends of the season and the class of car, and we are not responsible for the prices.
• Meals: We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner. Any special dietary type must be informed by guests upon arrival.
• City Tours: A guide of our confidence is available to offer historical tours around the city between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm. The charge for this service is 25.00 CUC and must be paid directly to him.
• Management of accommodation in other cities: During the time we have been working we´ve received very good recommendations of houses and hosts in other provinces, so if the guest needs it we can help in the management of accommodations in other provinces.
*Unfortunately we do not have a garage where the guest can park their cars. Outside our house, right in the street, is a man who is responsible for taking care of the rental cars during the night. He charges 2.00 CUC and you must pay him directly.
a friendly, helpful, and personalized treatment,
clarification of any questions or concerns about the accommodation and the city in general,
a complimentary coffee or tea during his stay,
to be registered in the Renters Registration Book (as is stipulated by Cuban emigration authorities)
to get help from the hosts in case of any inconvenience during their stay at Amarillo Inn,
to request daily room service without additional charge
access to the common areas
be referred by name,
receive clean room and bathroom,
clean sheets and towels,
request, without additional charge, the management of local and national long distance calls, as long as it do not exceed 5 minutes, which in this case will be charged according to the rates of the Island.
Interaction with guests
I'm in the house casa between 8:00 and 8:00pm so everyone can reach me during this time. My cell phone number is +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Other things to note
Currently and until the month of September, 2017 our house is in the process of partial restoration so we ask our guests to forgive the inconvenience and the limitations that this may cause.
This host has 343 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hola!!! Somos Antoine y Saily, compartimos un increible B&B en Santa Clara que hemos construido para hospedarr a viajeros de todo el mundo. Nos encanta intercambiar experiencias, conversaciones inteligentes y diferentes tipos de comidas. Antoine es fotografo y yo soy filologa.