SEASONAL PRICING NOW IN EFFECT 11/1/16 - 4/30/17.
Cozy 2 bedroom, 1-1/2 bath waterfront cottage, nestled on a bluff, overlooking a private sandy beach of the beautiful Neuse River makes for a amazing getaway!
Nestled on a bluff with oaks and pines, this 2 bedroom, bath and a half cottage overlooking the sandy beach of the beautiful Neuse River makes for a cozy getaway. A Change in Attitude is conveniently located a short drive from historic downtown New Bern where you will find art, entertainment, and fine dining. While in New Bern, stroll downtown for unique shops and enjoy a short walk to historic Tryon Palace and the North Carolina History Center. We are conveniently located near Camp Seafarer and Camp Seagull and a short drive to the sailing capitol of North Carolina, Oriental, a quaint sailing village with shops and restaurants. A short ferry ride and drive through the countryside will take you into historic Beaufort, Morehead City, and the beautiful Crystal Coast beaches with shopping, boating, and dining to suit even the pickiest of eaters. Enjoy your morning coffee on the screened back porch as you listen to the waves lap upon the beach. Watch beautiful sunsets overlooking the bluff or from the sandy shores of the river. The bead board and wood flooring give this cottage a beachy feel that will help you relax and leave your troubles behind. This cottage comfortably sleeps 4-6, has an open living space, and a fully stocked kitchen.
A Change in Attitude rents daily, with a 3-day minimum. Discounted weekly and monthly rates available.
Keyless entry. Code provided with welcome kit upon paid reservation. Entry instructions: Press the very top key, "Schlage". The key pad will light up blue. Once this happens, enter your code. No need to press # or any other key. You will hear the lock open and see a green check mark display. If a red x displays, wait a couple of seconds and try the same procedure again.
Interaction with guests
Respect for privacy is important to the owners. Owners are available via cell phone, text or email as needed.
We hope you enjoy your time at Change in Attitude. We're excited to be sharing our home with you. We very much want to relax and enjoy everything our cottage has to offer!
These rules apply to all Tenants (Guests) and their visitors. Violations of these Rules and all damages to common elements should be report promptly to the Homeowners. In all cases requiring the judgment in the enforcement of these rules, the judgment and determination of the Homeowners shall prevail. These rules are based upon common sense and consideration, respect and courtesy for the rights and feelings of others to the general atmosphere during your stay is friendly and pleasant. The Homeowners invite all Tenants and their visitors to exercise proactive, reasonable tolerance, remembering the close proximity in which we all live. Basically, we ask that you respect our cottage as if it were your own home.
It's important for us to let you know that that a good portion of the rules we're setting forth have to do with the special considerations of caring for the plumbing and septic systems of a waterfront home, especially the septic system. There are unique challenges that aren't present in homes not located so close to the water. For this reason, we have outlined very specific guidelines we strongly urge you to respect.
Quiet hours from 10 pm to 8 am. No parties or events.
1. PETS are not allowed. Evidence of pets will result in an 100% automatic forfeiture of your deposit.
2. The owner(s) of A Change In Attitude are not responsible for losses to guests for any claims, including but not limited to: responsibility for personal body injury, death, accident, lost, stolen or damage property, loss of mental or physical enjoyment, delay or inconvenience.
3. Check in is at 4 pm (EST). Checkout is 11 am (EST). This will allow the cleaning service time to clean in between rentals.
4. We like to go green whenever possible. Please turn UP the air conditioner to 75 degrees when you leave and make sure that you turn off all the lights when they are not in use. Also, please keep doors and windows closed if you turn on the air conditioner. We urge you to keep the air conditioner temperature at or above 72 degrees. This will help prevent issues with the condensing unit.
5. There is NO SMOKING inside the house or on the screened in porch. If you choose to smoke in these areas, you will automatically forfeit 100% of your deposit. A receptacle is provided on the back deck, if you choose to smoke in this area. You are responsible not throwing your butts anywhere but in this receptacle.
6. The grill is for your use. Please do not use the grill on the deck. If you use it, please clean it. As always, please be safe and responsible with fire.
7. Trash pick up is very early on Mondays in the large, green receptacle located in the front of the house. Recyclables are picked up on Wednesdays in the smaller blue (or green) receptacle located with the other can.
8. Toiletry items are provided for people that may have forgotten something as a temporary means until supplies can be purchased. If you remembered to bring your stuff, please leave the complimentary stock for others.
9. Bedding for the sleeper sofa is located in the laundry room.
10. If you take beach chairs, coolers, rafts or anything else down to the beach, please be sure to bring it back up and store it where you found it. This also applies to any trash! Be sure to pull the chairs and floats up to the grassy area, on top of the bluff. This will help keep things from blowing away. The wind can very easily change swiftly and without notice.
11. This house has a septic system that is rated for no more than 4 guests. Please be kind when using toilet paper. Also, DO NOT DISPOSE OF ANY FEMININE PRODUCTS, PAPER TOWELS OR ANY OTHER FOREIGN OBJECTS IN THE TOILET. IF A PLUMBING ISSUE ARISES FROM THIS OR ANY OTHER RELATED ACTIVITY, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY FORFEIT 100% OF YOUR DEPOSIT.
12. The septic system of this waterfront home is designed to accommodate 4 adults and 2 small children. The rules set forth need to be respected and followed. Failure to do so could result in a 100% forfeiture of your security deposit plus additional damage compensation, if applicable.
a) The kitchen sink does not have a garbage disposal. Do not put food and/or grease down either sink drain. It most cases, this causes an immediate backup of the kitchen sink. Please use the provided drain strainers to catch debris from going down the drains. NO HOT ITEMS OF ANY KIND IN THE SINK, IT WILL DAMAGE IT.
13. These rules are subject to change without notice. However, there's one rule that will always remain...have fun, relax and enjoy everything this great cottage and area has to offer!
BEFORE YOU GO:
A. Make sure that all dishes are washed and put away as you found them. This includes those placed in the dishwasher.
B. Please strip sheets from all beds and put them in the washer before you leave.
C. Empty the trash into the green receptacle located in the front, side of the house. Any recyclables can be placed in the recycling bin next to the green receptacle.
D. Please place all dirty towels in the clothes basket in the laundry room.
E. We are not responsible for items that you leave behind. Check to make sure that you have everything.
F. Clean out the refrigerator of all food items.
G. Return all furniture you may of moved to the original location you found it in when you arrived.
H. In cooler months when the heater is in use, make sure the heat is turned downed to 50 degrees. In warmer months when the air conditioner is in use, make sure the temperature is turned up to 70 degrees. Call Dawn if you have questions or need any help with this.
I. Make sure all windows are closed and lights are turned off when you check out and leave. Please hook the screened door. Be sure to lock the sliding glass door and front door.
Keyless Door Lock Instructions: Make sure the door is closed tightly. Otherwise, the lock won't work. Press the very top key, "Schlage" The key pad will light up blue. Entry your code. A green check mark should display. If a red "X" displays, open the door then re-shut it tightly then repeat this procedure.
J. Failure to follow these steps could result in a forfeiture of some or all of your deposit.
10.Cancellation Policy: If a Tenant wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
i.Cleaning fees are refunded if the Tenant(s) did not check in.
ii.For a full refund, cancellation must be made 14 full days prior to the Property’s local time (or 4 pm EST, if not specified) on the day of Check In.
iii.If the Tenant(s) cancels less than 14 days in advance, the first night will be non-refundable but the remaining night will be refunded at 50%.
iv.If the Tenant(s) Check In and decide to leave earlier than their Check Out date, the nights not spent 24 hours after the cancellation occurs will not be refunded.
v.Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted accordingly.
This host has 45 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I love meeting people from different places. I love to travel. I love everything about the outdoors, horse back riding, boating, hiking, biking and especially gardening. I have a pilot's license. While I've been inactive for a few years, I hope to rekindle by love of flying, as soon as I get my kids through college. My entire family are all huge animal lovers!