About this listing
The flat is centrally located in Skien, only 300 meters from the railway station/bus stop, which also has direct connection to both Torp and Gardermoen Airport. To Porsgrunn estimated travelling time is 8 minutes by train, or 18 minutes by bus. The nearest convenience store is 500 meters away, and downtown Skien about 1 kilometer away. In other words, you can walk to everything. If you are travelling by car, you can park the vehichle for free on the premises.
The 50 m2 flat is on the first floor of a wooden house built in the late 1920s by my great-grandfather & grandfather. You will have the first floor for yourself. The master bedroom has a double bed and it is a sink in the room as well. In the "TV-part" of the living room there is a IKEA-sofa which can be folded out to a double bed. In the "dining part" it is also a sofa which can be used as a single bed. It is as well another small room with one single bed. There is a basic kitchen with stove and fridge between the master bedroom and living room. All the rooms are decorated with pictures shot by myself all over the world. Wi-Fi is included as well as a TV with something like 30 channels on.
The private bathroom is located in the basement (2 floors below the flat), and has a shower. If you need to wash your clothes, it is a washer in the basement as well. You can dry your clothes in the garden weather permitting, or inside. The garden itself is quite big and has five apple trees. In season, it is of course possible to pick some apples for personal consumption.
Non-smokers are preferred. If you want to smoke, you can do that outside. Unfortunately, neither access to the building nor the flat's design is suited to visitors with physical disabilities.
Some possible excursions to do in this area:
* Go with the ferry on the Telemark Canal, which dubs itself as one of the most beautiful waterways in the world. I would recommend a day trip to Lunde. The ferry leaves every morning from Skien from mid-May to mid-September. You can watch what the canal looks like on the Netflix show: "Slow TV: The Telemark Canal", released in August 2016.
* Skien Fritidspark, which both have water- and zip-line park.
* Brekkeparken - a park that double as museum. It has some interesting older buildings, which includes furniture and other things from the 18th and 19th century.
* Playwright Henrik Ibsen was raised in Skien, and if you are into him, it is obligatory to visit the museum at Ibsen Venstøp. Skien also has some nice neighborhoods as Bakken and Snipetorp.
* If you're into golf, it is an 18-hole par 72 course 7 km away @ Jønnevald. Grenland Golfklubb own the course.
* It is a full size soccer field 150 meters away, which is empty almost all the time. Skagerak Arena, which is the home ground of Odd in the Norwegian Elite League (Tippeligaen), is only 1 kilometer away.
* I for one, would in the summer get in the car (or bus) and drive to “summer cities” like Stavern, Langesund or Kragerø or visit the beach at Oddane Sand. All within 1 hour away. From Kragerø you can even jump on a ferry to the very nice island of Jomfruland.
* If you have children, or are childish, a one-hour drive to the water park in Bø Sommarland is normally a great excursion.
Please smoke outside, and do try to tell me as exactly as possible when you will be arriving during the day.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I live in Skien (Norway) and am very fond of travelling all around the world to meet people and experience different cultures. On my last longer trip, I booked through airbnb many times. I got excellent value for money everywhere, and met some genuinely interesting and open-minded people.