About this listing
Your own room in a sustainable, beautifully-designed beach villa, just steps from stunning West Cliff Drive. Perfect for tech professionals, freelancers, PHD students, outdoor lovers, or anyone looking to get away and get focused.
The beautiful villa is ideally located near West Cliff Drive in Santa Cruz, only a few blocks away from gorgeous beaches, world-class surf breaks and Santa Cruz shops and restaurants.
We created this house specifically to encourage a balance between work and play for groups and individuals. Indoors and outdoors, you'll find quiet places to escape and relax. Looking for a bit more adventure? We provide access to bikes, on-site yoga, surfboards and surf lessons.
WE PROVIDE YOU WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO EXPERIENCE A BEAUTIFULLY BALANCED BEACH LIFESTYLE:
- Comfortable bed & fresh linens in a private room
-High speed wifi
- Large kitchen where cooking delicious dinners is highly encouraged
- Free organic coffee in the morning
- Large living room with comfy couches
- Great patio area with hot tub access
- 1 minute walk from the beach
- Information and access to fun local activities
- Bike, surfboard, and wetsuit available
- Help organize surfing/kitesurfing lessons
With all this work+play...beach BBQ's, organic group dinners, beach yoga sessions, pick-up beach volleyball and group runs are a common occurrence.
- 1 block from West Cliff promenade (great for running or morning walks, hidden beach coves and famous surf spots).
- 15 minute walk from the iconic Steamer Lane and Cowells (one of the best places to learn how to surf in California).
- A quick bike ride away from downtown with it's delicious eateries, coffee shops, movie theater and art galleries.
Interaction with guests
Since we screen our guests, you can count on sharing the house and co-working space with like-minded people. Most of our guests are entrepreneurs, freelancers and creatives looking for inspiration outside the office.
We often organize activities like group hikes, wine tastings, beach clean-ups, etc. If you're looking for space and want to do your own thing, we also totally respect that.
The villa is located one block from the ocean and scenic West Cliff Drive. There are are several great beaches, quiet hidden coves and scenic bay views within minutes of your front door. Hop on one of our bikes to explore the neighborhood. You can shop for fresh produce at the farmer’s market, sample a pint at a local brewery, get buzzed on caffeine or taste a flight of fantastic wine.
With 29 beaches surrounding the city, Santa Cruz is famous for world-class waves and cliff walks. Go beyond the beach to find miles of forested mountain bike trails, a top research University, you-pick organic farms and coffee shops brimming with hipsters, hippies and entrepreneurs.
Santa Cruz is easy to get around by bike or car. There is free parking in front of the Villa and you can rent a house bike and get downtown in 10 minutes.
- 1h20min from San Francisco International Airport
- 40 min from San Jose Airport
(If you live in the Bay area and don’t have a car, you can either take the Greyhound bus or the Cal train to San Jose, then catch the highway 17 bus to downtown Santa Cruz).
THE SCENIC ROUTE TO & FROM SF:
Take the slightly slower scenic route along the "Slow Coast" from Pacifica past Half Moon Bay, through Pescadero and Davenport. Be sure to check out the surf along the way and grab a few tacos at the Gas Station in Pescadero (Mercado & Taqueria De Amigos).
We only accept professionals that are actively working or conducting business who are looking for outdoor activities that match the intensity of their work. This is not a hostel or a party place, but rather a place where work, play and rest are in balance with your life and needs. Small groups working on specific projects or team leaders looking for an offsite would be the perfect fit for the Beach Villa.
Of course we welcome individual guests who are working on personal projects or have the ability to work away from the office, and want to be close to all the great fun Santa Cruz has to offer.
We would like to know a little about you or your group. This helps us to ensure a nice fit amongst all our guests in the hopes that collaboration may in fact further your success while staying with us.
Our individual guests may prefer to work within the comforts of the main house and common courtesy must always be extended to those working or resting within the main house. Respecting each other and the work that we are all doing will ensure a productive environment where work, play and rest can occur in a shared living space.
- Smoke far away from the building (non smoking building)
- No extra guests
- No noise after 10:30 PM
- Clean your dishes right away
- Use earphones, not speakers (unless it's a house event)
- Housekeeping only comes in once a week, so the daily maintenance of your bed, the kitchen and bathrooms are up to the individual and group respectively.
AN INABILITY TO ADHERE TO THESE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL RULES CAN LEAD TO YOUR EVICTION.
Hi, I'm Emmanuel...Living the life of a digital nomad, I dreamt a new concept where I could combine work and my passion for the ocean. I now have a collection of unique work+play accommodations that cater to the growing community of entrepreneurs, business travelers and digital nomads who are looking for alternatives to uninspired hotels and conference halls.