Old Catalan townhome completely refurbished and architect-designed, with strong character and tones of charm, in a small historical village on the Catalan Coast.
Creixell, the village, has a long history, with its own castle from the XII Century. The skyline is dominated by the clock tower with Art Nouveau touches. Old historical village where the house is located is two kilometers away from the beach. The coast line is preserved with original vegetation and sand dunes. It is one of the few places left in the Catalan shore line with no direct edification. The village is small, and host 2500 year round citizens, though in the summer is gets way more crowded. Still is a quiet family oriented spot, far from noisy party spots. There are four restaurants and a few bars, and a couple of bars on the beach.
Creixell is 45 minutes drive away from Barcelona, and 20 minutes away from Tarragona. Both cities have airport (BCN el Prat and REU Reus airport in Tarragona) and car rentals. We highly recommend you to rent a car while staying in our house. You can still park the car in the train station for free and enjoy a day in the city of Barcelona without the stress of having to drive into town. The train ride into town takes an hour.
The house has three floors.
• The house opens to a Traditional tiled entrance, where you can sit and enjoy people walk by. In the same entrance there is a small toilet.
• There is a living area with a fire place opened to the dining and kitchen area. There is a big wooden dining table, which seats up to ten people around. The kitchen is designed in a traditional style. It is fully fitted with all utensils and crockery, just in case you feel like experimenting with fresh ingredients from the local producers and shops, just a couple of minutes walk away from the house. There is a baker with great fresh bread and a few local delicacies for the ones with a sweet tooth.
• The kitchen opens to a patio with plants and tables distributed in two levels. There are tables and chairs to fit up to 10 people, as well as a Webber grill.
• There is an annex house, used as the TV room, with a large sofa and a piano. The annex can easily fit two extra beds to accommodate two more guests. There are sound proven windows and mosquito nets on all the windows in the house.
There are two “suite” double rooms, each with its own bathroom. One has a comfy double tempur mattress and an extra-large bathroom. The other room has two single beds, and a bathroom with its own shower. There is plenty of closet space. Linens and towels will be provided.
The third floor opens to another lounge with two large modern Danish sofa beds. In one side, the lounge opens to a terrace with nice view of the village and even the sea. On the other side there is another bedroom with a double bed. There is a bathroom with a chower in this floor too.
The Eixample, with its distinctive grid design was designed in the 19th Century to link the old city with the many villages at that time surrounding Barcelona. The appartment is next to Plaça Universitat, and just minutes away from Plaça Catalunya, the pulsing heart of this amazing city. Its close to fashionable shopping streets such as Passeig de Gracia or Rambla Catalunya, but it makes it prefect to explore the old town with its many charming hidden corners and fantastic shopping opportunities, not to mention the many culinary delights awaiting in almost every corner.
Plenty of museums within walking distance, as well as amazing architectonic sights, covering plenty of stiles and periods.
Two underground lines are just a couple of minute walk away, as well as most of the bus lines, that stop around Plaça Universitat.
FROM BCN AIRPORT: The easiest way to get to Creixell is simply driving along the coast on the C-32 motorway. There is a toll of approximately 10 EUR to drive the 70 km distance (it takes about 40-45 minutes to drive depending on the traffic.
FROM REU AIRPORT: Drive North along the AP-7 and leave on exit 31 or 32.
BY TRAIN: The Local Barcelona train network will take you to Sant Vicenç de Calders, a 10 minute drive away from the house. The trains leave every 15 minutes during day time and will take you to Barcelona city center (Passeig de Gracia) in an hour. Long distance trains also stop in that station (Valencia, Madrid, etc). ,
Other than Barcelona, do not miss a day in Sitges, a walk through the old imperial roman city of Tarragona, a visit to the Wineries in Penedes or Cava (sparkling wine) district for some local tasting, and the breathtaking monastery of Montserrat. Please, contact me if you need any further information. The large amusement park Port Aventura (URL HIDDEN) is only 20 mintes drives away. There are plenty of water parks and theme parks in the area (Aquopolis (URL HIDDEN) Aqua Leon (URL HIDDEN) )
You can check availability accurately by clicking on the calendar link above.
For guests travelling with children there is a baby cot and we are happy to provide information on stuff to do with kids of different ages in Barcelona and recommend a good babysitter.
Notice a Minimum 1 week Stay from June the 23rd until September the 7th.
The house has plenty of space (230 sqm), and has build in sleeping facilities for eight people. Two extra beds can be accommodated in the TV annex room in the patio to fit up to 10 people.
Bookings are only accepted through the AirBnB website. PLEASE feel free to contact me with any questions.
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property without the Homeowner’s authorization. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Be considerate of our neighbors during your stay. No large parties (more than 10 non-Guests) allowed without homeowners permission. Reduce the volume of music after 11:00pm
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order and treat the home with the utmost of respect and leave reasonably clean upon your departure.
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses. If you move furniture, please move back.
7. Bring the trash to the containers placed in the village (close to the supper market or any of the others) Please, try to separate organic, from waste, glass or paper.
8. Do NOT use the heating if you open the doors to the terrace.
9. PETS are NOT allowed.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the home.
11. Water and Septic: The mineral content in the water may be high though safe to drink. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. Please, keep hot water consumption to a minimum.
12. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection if needed. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.