Heritage ShiKumen Lane Loft in the heart of the French Concession (FFC), Changle Rd.
Sits at the end of a Shanghainese lane community. Great local and international restaurants, bars and more right at your door.
Walk to Metro Line 1/12/13 and everything in FFC!
Fantastic “ShiKuMen" lane loft is just renovated in 2015 and hidden in the preserved lane community.
If you are looking for a loft with good design incorporating with industrial nuances & modern comfort & ancient Shanghai, this space is for you!
High ceilings, transparent roof, quiet and typical while in the busy center of Shanghai.
Located in the heart of the Jing'an neighborhood of Shanghai, and in the middle of Puxi (the area in the west of the Huangpu River).
It's in the historical city center in a traditional “ShiKuMen" lane where mostly shanghainese elderlies live in a quiet life.
5 mins walking distance to the bustling commercial street Huaihai Rd.
Close by the most popular shopping mall IAPM, imported grocery store, cafes, local and western restaurants, food stalls, bars and boutiques, which is pretty similar as Boston's Newbury and New York's SOHO.
Many convenient stores (Family Mart …) open 24/7, a pharmacy, many banks (Bank of China, China Merchant's bank), a post office, a police station, and a train ticket counter.
Apart from abundant taxis just outside the lane community, there are 3 metro stations just minutes by foot.
-2 metro stops away from Shanghai People Square, direct line (line 1)
-1 metro stops away from the landmark Xintiandi.
- By taxi, about 10 minutes to U.S. Embassy, U.K. Embassy and Canada Embassy.
- By taxi, within 30 minutes or less to all attractions in the city.
Uber can also be utilized everywhere in Shanghai.
Easy access airports and train stations:
-1hour from PVG Pudong International Airport and SHA Hongqiao Airport by Line13, Line 2, Maglev.
-20 minutes by taxi from Shanghai central train station
-30 minutes by taxi from Shanghai Hongqiao train station
Free to give the instruction as per request.
【As a note to our guests】
You will have access to the entire studio.
1. The upper loft bed in the back of the flat, features a king-size mattress with fresh 100% cotton linen and overlooks the studio, and protected from direct sunlight for a sound sleep.
2. Living room encompasses a wardrobe, a very comfortable sofa, a beanbag, a classy tea set, fridge, a TV with 43" plasma screen, Play Station 4 with 2 gamepads and motion-sensing camera and 3 video games (can also be used as HD DVD player), Xiaomi TV (Similar as Apple TV), and LG Pocket photo printer.
3. Kitchen comes with great appliances: microwave, toaster, pots and pans, cutlery, knives, plates, cups, glasses, coffee maker, high power juicer and more. Everything you need to have and amazing time.
Complimentary Drinking Water is also provided per request at arrival.
4. Bathroom with toilet, shower (refills hot water in 5mins), mirror, sink, towels, hair drier.
A welcome package with basic necessities , high grade shower gel, shampoo and conditioner, skin cleanser and moisture lotion made in U.S. is also provided.
5. Free unlimited high-speed Wi-Fi is provided complimentary.
Note the quality of connection and speed of internet in China is limited due to the Great Firewall of China. VPN is provided as per request.
6. Some literature about Shanghai, ShiKuMen, the Bund and more are provided.
7. International plug adapters, WiFi Portable, iPhone 5&6 charger, Android/mini usb charger are also provided
8. Shanghai transportation card (for paying in subways, buses, taxis) and local SIM card are offered as per request.
Airport pick up/drop off is also provided upon request at additional cost.
Please water our plants once during you stay if they need it. You will love this loft without any doubts.
Interaction with guests
We love to meet with people from all around the world, and we are delighted to explain how everything works in our studio.
Welcome to any inquiries and we definitely would like to share our favorite restaurants, bars and places with you!
We will also help take you to the neighborhood police station to get your mandatory police registration form. [a mandatory for foreigners]
Other things to note
If there is something you would like to bring back home, please let us know and we'll be glad to help you find it, or sell it to you with a small profit.
We provide some literature about Shanghai for you to read in our studio, if you'd like to take away any one for the rest of your trip please check with us first, they're often not easy to replace! If you are done with one of your own books and do not wish to keep the burden for the rest of your trip, feel free to leave it in the studio and share the good reads with the next guests.
Long-haul flights often provide international magazines for free; we will appreciate if you could get your hands on some and leave them at the studio!
No animals please.
No smoking inside the studio.
Please keep quiet after 10 pm, as most residents will get asleep.
I am Flora, who is now working & living in Shanghai. As an extrovert hostess, I'd love to share my experience with others and listen to their stories as well. I welcome every travelers stop at my place regardless how long those stay. I have lived in U.S, U.K. I speak English and Mandarin.
About me, I love travelling, cooking, reading and decorations. My favorite destination in China is Shangri-La as it is the most mystery and extraordinary place that I have been to.
I expect my guest to keep my place as I would-clean and tidy with a loving respect.