Please read the entire listing for this house before booking. This listing is for the whole house. This is NOT a shared space. You get the whole house to yourself. This cute little two bedroom sits right across the road from the national forest and has access to several hiking trails and rivers within walking distance.
Please Read The Entire Description and See All Photos Prior To Booking:
Pre-approvals do not include pet, infant, or late check-in fees.
This listing is for the whole house. This is NOT a shared space. You get the whole house to yourself. Please read the entire description before booking and ask any questions before booking. By booking you are agreeing that you read the listing and agree to the condition of the property as stated in this listing. At booking please provide a non-Airbnb email address so the paperwork can be sent in advance.
We want all of our guests to have an amazing stay so knowing what to expect is essential to allowing us to meet or beat your expectations. :) This house is not perfect and we have many plans to improve it, but until then we'll have the rates lower than our other properties.
One night stays or last minute reservations gladly accepted. The house is always ready, so if you're just passing through and need a place to spend the night, we'd love to have you stay.
This is a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house set just outside Harrisonburg, Virginia. There is only two beds and a couch, so four can sleep in beds and a couple kids on the couch. It is at the base of the mountain and within walking distance of trails and the George Washington National Forest. We just bought this house and while it is not perfect yet, it is very cute and we're very pleased with how it looks right now. We are still in the process of making improvements to it, but it is functional now and it is an inexpensive rental close to the George Washington National Forest and hiking trails and rivers.
The kitchen does have most appliances (fridge, stove/oven and microwave & coffee maker). The stove is older and a recent guest just ruined one of the burners. There is a small eating area in the kitchen with seating for 4. There is a living room which is perfect for relaxing or reading. The stove is older and not pretty but it does work. A guest broke the over the stove microwave, so there is one on the counter. We had a guest burn a spot on the kitchen counter too and there is a window in the living room that has a crack in it and needs to be replaced. We just wanted to make any guests aware of those issues.
There are 2 bedrooms. Each with a full-size bed. The bathroom has a shower/tub combo. The house does have baseboard heat and an A/C unit for the summer time. The water is well water and we are working on either getting a new well or treating the water better. The well water has a lot of iron (orange tint) and sulfur in it, so we'd like our guests to be aware of this upfront. It will smell and be orange in tint. The water is completely safe to use for bathing, drinking and cooking. The water pressure sometimes is not the best either, but we're hoping to put in a new well here soon. The water does sometimes stain the fixtures, toilet and bathtub orange. Because this is a real house, there are things you should expect to find in an older real cabin such as spider webs (we clean them for every guest but they do reappear quickly), ladybugs, critters, flies, insects or stink bugs during certain times of the year. The guest booking the property is required to sign a rental contract & provide a copy of valid drivers license or passport either prior to or upon arrival. The agreement states you will be responsible for damages done and that you will follow all rules. No parties, no hookahs, no under aged drinking, quiet hours after 9 om or before 9 am. We do not refund for problems with ac/heater, electrical or water issues, bad weather, neighborhood work being done including roads or noise, etc. There is currently no WIFI.
The house is only about 200 feet off of the road so there can be noise at times depending on traffic. We don't feel like it is a bother, but wanted to list that here just to make you aware. Also, two houses on the road are currently in the stages of being remodeled so they are not pleasant looking at the moment. There is a nice view of the mountains though from the back/side yard. Plus you are within walking distance to trails in the national forest (across the main road on our land).
This house is not perfect yet, but it is inexpensive for a 2 bedroom house and would be the perfect place for a couple, a family or a group of friends to get together for a weekend or a few days during the week. We do allow small campfires outside in the fire pit (firewood must be purchased on site for a fee). We ask that noise be kept to a minimum so as to not disturb any neighbors. :) One neighbor does have a dog that barks when it is let outside (usually only if someone is also outside). If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to ask. We look forward to you staying. Pets are always welcome too with the paid pet fee(s) $45, per pet and that includes tax (does not include Airbnb fee which we cannot control or alter). You may write a check for the pet fee, but there is a $5 extra charge to use a check. Free parking on site for up to three vehicles. There is an A/C unit in the house in the summer only.
Katie & I personally own every cabin that we manage. Someone will almost always meet you personally at check-in time. We are usually available should you need us and we want all of our guests to have an amazing stay. If something is wrong, we really want to know. This house is not perfect by any means and we're always improving it. We make no claims that things will be perfect. Any guest could almost certainly always find something to complain about. If you think the house is not clean enough, we will within a reasonable amount of time send someone to address issues, but there will not be any refund. If you are expecting to find things perfect then this property is not for you... no place is perfect though. Guest are responsible to clean their own dishes. Please wash your dishes on departure. Laundry takes hours to wash and dry, so you may have extra sheets or towels in the dryer when you arrive. We can't speed up the washer and dryer, so please excuse if there is something still in the dryer when you get there. Reservations made for more than 30 day consecutive days will have the first $25 applied of the electric bill paid for by the owners. Guests will be responsible for the remaining costs for the for the electric bill.
Check-ins after 10 pm are charged a fee of $20 an hour and need prior approval in advance. All pet fee(s), early check-in or late check-out, firewood or extra person fees are not refundable once paid. It always the guests' responsibility to understand where this property is located and the listing clearly states where the property. We are not responsible for guests' booking a property in an area that they didn't mean to book in or in a location that they didn't intend to book. We are also not responsible to determine how far the property is from any other location or area (including not responsible for drive time or distances to and from where the guests will be traveling). Guests acknowledge that they understand and accept where the property is located prior to booking. Please note that I (Steven) personally took every photo for every single one of our listings. Many of our properties are within walking distance of each other so the photos for one cabin will still apply to other cabins too since this is the view and scenery you'll find while hiking the roads and trails nearby. Other photos are of the local Shenandoah Valley scenery and these are the scenes you can expect to find while driving around the Shenandoah Valley. The guest booking the property is required to sign a rental contract & provide a copy of valid drivers license or passport either prior to or upon arrival. For this reason, the person who makes the reservation has to be the there at the time of check-in, unless the contract is signed and arrangements are made for someone else to check-in in advance. The agreement states you will be responsible for damages done and that you will follow all rules. There will be a fee of $35 for changing the check-in person from the person who made the booking to an alternative guest unless approval is given prior to the booking. Guests failing to provide their valid/working email address to us via the message thread within 24 hours of booking, where the rental agreement can be emailed, will result in a $35 charge. The rental agreement must returned/completed via Docu-sign within 24 hours or less of the guest having received it or there will be another $35 charge. For same day reservations, guests shall have 2 hours to send their email address (without a $35 charge) and one hour to return the rental agreement via Docu-sign (or another $35 charge be assessed). There will be a charge of $30 an hour for guests arriving more than 30 minutes later than the arrival time that they give us on the day of arrival. Arrival times must be sent in the message thread. Reservations may be cancelled with no refund whatsoever if these policies are not followed. Likewise, the there will be a $30 charge for failing to send us notice when they are 30 minutes from arriving at the property. The only exception to this policy will be guests traveling to our Virginia properties via U.S. Route 33 (and guests are required to let us know us know at least 12 hours in advance if they plan to travel via U.S. Route 33 to arrive at our property). Reservations may be cancelled with no refund whatsoever if these policies regarding check-in time, arrival time, email addresses and the rental agreement are not followed. These policies are due to us having to over and over again wait hours and hours for guests who will be late and do not have the courtesy to let us know that their travel plans have changed, which keeps us waiting for them through meal times and it also effects our ability to know where we need to be to get our other guests who have been respectful with their arrival times checked-in on time. We do not want our polite and respectful guests to have to wait or be inconvenienced any longer by our impolite guests.
No parties, no hookahs, no under aged drinking, quiet hours after 9 pm or before 9 am. We do not refund for problems with ac/heater, electrical or water issues, bad weather, neighborhood work being done including roads or noise, etc.
The neighborhood is relatively quiet with the exception of some road noise at times. We own 4 of the houses on this private dead end road and they are all vacation rental properties. We are still walking distance to several trails and there is river access right across the road too for fishing, photography or just getting your feet wet. The house is the perfect place to get away and explore the George Washington National Forest. You'll have access to hiking, fishing, scenic walks or drives, museums, civil war battlefields, wineries, breweries, caverns, etc. Guests are required to sign a rental contract either before or upon arrival. Early check-ins or late check-out may be available with prior approval and will incur a fee. If you or someone in your group is allergic to pets or anything else (detergent, air fresheners, etc), please let us know in advance so we can discuss this prior to your booking and then also prior to your arrival. We do not use any scented products but we cannot be responsible for what other guests right before your stay may have used. Different cabins and different houses have different scents. Those with fireplaces will have the scent of a wood burning fire. Those with wood will have the scent of wood. We cannot be responsible for determining what you will or will not be sensitive to though. This is truly impossible to determine ahead of time. And yes, this is in here because people complained about the smell of a fireplace in a cabin with a fireplace and the smell of cedar in a cabin with cedar walls. Each cabin and house will have its own unique scent.
Also, no refund will be given for mechanical, water-well or cistern, weather, Electric, appliances, cable, internet or similar issues or other circumstances. Owners will fix or resolve problems within a reasonable amount of time. Owners or owner's agent is not held responsible for any noise due to water work, road work, cable work, phone work, any utility work, or any other noise or vision pollution at our properties, other properties adjacent to owner properties, or other properties near owner properties. Please note the one front window where the A/C unit is partially broken and has some duct tape on it currently... and the microwave is on the counter instead of hanging on over the stove. And recent guests burned the burners on the stove... they still work but do not look great. :(
Guests are required to pickup after their pets. Pets are not permitted on any beds or furniture. All pets are required to have current rabies vacinations displayed on their collars per county and state law. Pets must remain under immediate control of their owners at all times. Guests must not permit any pet to bark or disturb any neighbor or guest at an adjacent property. Pets must be on their leashes while on walks on the roads or off the property at which they are staying. Guests are responsible to wash their own dishes, silverware, pots and pans and run the dishwasher (if the property has one). Because of this all of these items will only be as clean as the last guests left them. There is no possible way for us to check every single thing in the kitchen between every guest. Imagine trying to check every single thing in your kitchen cabinets, while washing all linens, towels and comforters and cleaning the whole house all within 5 hours (the time between check-out and check-in). Linens may still be in the washer or dryer at check-in. We wash all linens, towels and comforters after each reservation and therefore all wash may not be done by the time you arrive for check-in. Also, while all linens, towels and comforters will be washed, we cannot guarantee perfection. We have high end washers and dryers at most properties, but even after being washed and dried it may still be possible to find hair on the linens (this is why pets are not permitted on beds or furniture). Properties are deep cleaned, but not for every reservation. If you look, you will be able to find things that are not perfect, but we cannot deep clean a property between every guests' stay (we only have 5 hours between check-in and check-out to clean the whole house and wash all linens). All pet fee(s), early check-in or late check-out, firewood or extra person fees are not refundable once paid. Checks are welcome but there is a $5 charge to use a check due to past problems we've had with accepting checks. Guests are responsible for paying all utilities during their stay when staying more than 15 days...
Illegal drugs will not permitted on our properties under any circumstances. Smoking is not permitted inside any house or cabin or on any screen porch. There will be a $750 charge for any smoking in either of these areas. Illegal rugs being used anywhere on the property will result in a $750 charge. Kegs and hookahs are not permitted anywhere on property under any circumstances. There will be a $500 charge should either of these items (kegs or hookahs) be found on the property (this includes outside areas too). If smoking (inside or on screen porches), illegal drugs (meaning what is illegal in Virginia), keg(s), hookah(s) or fireworks (there is a $500 fine for having fireworks at a property) are found on the property the guest will be asked to leave and there will be no refund whatsoever for any portion of the stay (including any future days/nights). Guests failing to check-out by 11 am agree to pay $50 an hour for a late check-out begining at 11:01 am. If the guest is still there at 12:00 noon then then the charge is another $50 and so on with each additional hour the guest overstays their reservation. Late check-outs require prior written permission and applicable late check-out fees to be paid.
We check our properties between guest for fleas, bedbugs, and any other "lug bugs" that might have been left by a guest or their furry friends. A fine of at least $1000 will be charged to guest if these bugs are found at/in a property or on the grounds of the property during or after a guest has stayed. Plus the cost of any reservation that has to be moved or cancelled due to having to rid the property of these bugs or any other cost involved in removing these bugs from the property will be charged to the guest who brought them.
Grass, leaves and weedeating are not done for every reservation. They are done as needed as much as possible but never more than once a week. If your stay comes right before a cutting, the grass may be high or leaves not blown.
Owners are not responsible to mail or hold on to left items.
The guest booking the property is required to sign a rental contract & provide a copy of valid drivers license or passport either prior to or upon arrival. For this reason, the person who makes the reservation has to be the there at the time of check-in, unless the contract is signed and arrangements are made for someone else to check-in in advance.
Guests agree to all of the terms of this entire listing and there will be no refunds whatsoever (including unused days/nights), if any of these terms are not followed and the guest chooses to either cancel, not check-in, leave early or is asked to leave the property due to violating these terms.
Long Term Guest, staying more than three weeks, will be required to pay utilities.
Late check in or checkout fees, early check-in fees, pet fees and infant fees are not included in reservation request or pre-approvals that we accept. Those fees will still need to be paid.
No check-ins or checkouts on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.
Interaction with guests
We'd like to make sure that our guests know that we both run Fire/Rescue as volunteers in our "spare time" so there may be times when we are unavailable due to being on an emergency call. As soon as we are done with whatever emergency call we're on, we'll be happy to assist you though.
We'd ask that you really read this profile, preferably before you book... we believe it will help our guests better understand who we are and set proper expectations for your stay as well. We challenge you to find more honest listings on this site (or any site). We list the faults of our properties and have extremely detailed listings (and we ask that our guests would take a few minutes to read them). When you rent one of our properties, you get the whole house (not a shared or private room). Again, we never rent out shared spaces, you get the whole house, cabin, inn or cottage.
We are not a big company. In fact, we're not a company yet. We are just a husband and wife who are trying our best to create great places for people to vacation or staying while traveling through the area. We do have a couple of cleaners now and someone who helps with check-ins, but we are in the process of hiring a reservations person, a cleaning supervisor and someone to live on site in Virginia and do maintenance for the Virginia properties. When you stay at one of our properties, know that we (Katie & I) are not even at the point of drawing a salary yet and you will be partnering with us to restore these properties. We put every last cent right back into our properties and live much more modestly than anyone else we know. Because of this, please don't book one of our properties if you intend to cancel or if you cannot stay for some reason. We count on the money from the bookings to pay our bills and mortgages and we just cannot afford to offer refunds or alter reservations once they've been made. This is our livelihood and not extra spending money like it is for most Airbnb hosts.
We have four daughters and another baby on the way. Our oldest is 6, we have another who is 3, one who is 2 and our newest arrival, our 4th daughter is now one. We always wait to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. :) We came to Virginia from Texas for me (Steven) to finish my college degree and Katie was a middle school teacher until 2013. We fell into the vacation rental business accidentally when we bought the cabin next to our house to keep it from falling into disarray and had to figure out how to make the mortgage payment on it. So we started by renting out that first cabin in June of 2011 and we now both do this full time while raising our girls. This is far harder than anything either of us has ever done and we are now at 5+ years without a single day off. The term, "the innkeeper never sleeps" is how I would describe our lives (it is 2:43 am when I writing this). This is all we do every single day of the year. If you need something (even on Christmas or any other holiday) we (or our staff) is almost always available to help, but keep in mind that there are only two of us right now that respond to all emails and phone calls. We do have some cleaners and another employee who helps check-in guests though. And please be kind... we never get a day off (and we mean never) and the demands of what we do is nearly overwhelming. We'd also like to make sure that our guests know that Katie & I both run Fire/Rescue as volunteers in our "spare time" so there may be times when we are unavailable due to being on an emergency call. As soon as we are done with whatever emergency call we're on, we'll be happy to assist you though.
When you rent one of our properties, know that your money is going to toward future renovations and improvements. Also, if you plan on cancelling at some point before your stay, please think twice before booking one of our properties. We count on the rental income to pay or mortgages and all of the other bills associated with the properties, which are extensive. Our goal this year is to hire a full time business manager to help us out. :) Also, please note that Airbnb's messaging system does not always work... and even if it is working, there are just two of us... two... answering every message and inquiry and responding to guests. We're not always on the computer and some of our properties and the areas we travel through to get to them, are in areas where some of our cell phones don't work, so we are not always available due to technological reasons and even when we are available... there are just two of us right now...
Again, with that in mind, please know though that we're not a big company and we have no outside investors yet... Meaning, things are not going to be perfect (although we sincerely hope to get everything perfect in the future). We personally own every property that we rent out. Again our cabins, cottages and houses are not perfect, but they do have character, history & warmth. And we've listed them with lots of details and descriptions about what to expect. Our listings are accurate. Your staying with us helps us further the restore all of our properties to their original condition (with appropriate modern updates that are appropriate in keeping with the history of the property). We believe that we are far more honest than any of the competition when it comes to our properties' listings. You will find full descriptions of each property that list the good and the bad (again, our properties are not perfect, but that is only because we do not yet have the finances to make them perfect... they will all get there though as funds permit). Our properties are always improving though since we put every last dime back into the business to keep improving things. We say all of this, because quite a few of our past guests seem to have the impression that we're "loaded"!
If you are looking to stay someplace that is unique then you'll love it here. If you are looking for perfection or prone to finding things to complain about, then this may not be a good fit for you. Our cabins, cottages and houses are real cabins, cottages and older houses. In many cases our properties are historic and require a lot of thought about how to make improvements, while maintaining the historical characteristics. There are lots of improvements we would like to make if money wasn't an issue, but the character of most of our places is difficult to find elsewhere. Katie says I'll never be satisfied and keep wanting to make improvements to our rentals (and she is most likely correct). :) As I said above, none of our properties are perfect, but we believe our service is second to none (but please keep in mind that there are only two of us). All we really ask is of our guests is that you be kind and understand that we are only two people and we promise we're doing our best.
We believe in treating others as you want to be treated. And in most cases, if you cannot say anything nice, it is better to say nothing at all. Extend grace generously. That being said, we're not going to back down if we believe we are right and we'll call it as we see it. Again, we have all of our listings described in far more detail than any other Airbnb listings we've ever read. We will be super hospitable and respond to all requests that are "reasonable", but that doesn't mean that we will allow ourselves to be pushed around or taken advantage of though either. Our listings are honest and extremely detailed.
Also, we cannot fix problems that we do not know exist, so please let us know if there is something we can do to make your stay more enjoyable. And please do this before you check-out. Leaving comments in a review about something we could have fixed while you were staying is extremely frustrating and disappointing and will most likely result in us leaving a negative review in response. Be fair and give us the opportunity to fix whatever is wrong. But please make sure that you read the listing before complaining. We have cleaners who are available most days during normal business hours to assist you if something isn't right if we aren't available. Again, if there is something we can do something to make your stay more enjoyable.... please let us know. :) But we ask that you be polite in asking... making demands is not the way to go about it... be nice to us and we'll gladly be nice in return. It's sad that we even have to put all of this in here and it only a small portion of guests who have unreasonable expectations, but we felt the need to include this in our profile.
Late check-ins, after 10 pm, without prior approval in writing on the message thread come with a fee of $30 an hour.
There is a fee of $35 to switch reservation dates, if we agree to the request, plus the price of the difference. Prices will not be reduced for shortened stays or less expensive dates.
Other things to note
Kids are counted in the amount of people no matter the age. The charge is per person, not per adult. There is sleeping for 4 adults and two kids. Also, no refund will be given for mechanical, water-well or cistern, weather, Electric, appliances, cable, internet or similar issues or other circumstances. Owners will fix or resolve problems within a reasonable amount of time. Owners or owner's agent is not held responsible for any noise due to water work, road work, cable work, phone work, any utility work, or any other noise or vision pollution at our properties, other properties adjacent to owner properties, or other properties near owner properties. By clicking on the pet(s) tab and infant at the time of booking, you are saying that you are bringing a pet and infant. However, there is no charge added for a pet(s) at that time. You will still need to pay the pet fee(s) and infant fees in order to bring a pet(s). Please, no pets on the furniture...beds, couches, etc. All pet fee(s), early check-in or late check-out, firewood or extra person fees are not refundable once paid. All extra fees are the cash or check prices. Airbnb charges extra fees to pay these charges using their site and this is not something we can control. Checks are welcome but there is a $5 charge to use a check due to past problems we've had with accepting checks. Returned checks will be assessed a $50 returned check charge as well as any other applicable attorney fees or court costs required to collect the payment along with the original amount of the check that was returned. Kids are counted in the amount of people no matter their age. Each person staying needs to be included in the "guest count", not just adults. By clicking on pet or infant, you are saying that you are bringing a pet and infant. All pet fee(s), early check-in or late check-out, firewood or extra person fees are not refundable once paid. Checks are welcome but there is a $5 charge to use a check due to past problems we've had with accepting checks. Returned checks will be assessed a $50 returned check charge as well as any other applicable attorney fees or court costs required to collect the payment along with the original amount of the check that was returned. Guests are not permitted to trespass on any land that we do not own or any other property owners land to access the rivers or the national forest. Guests are staying at our cabins are not permitted to access/go to "Blue Hole" (a local swimming hole), whereas the only way to access that site is by trespassing on other property owners land. We own numerous places to access the rivers and the national forest and must stay on our land or on national forest land at all times. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in termination of the rental agreement.
Rental Agreement: This Short Term Rental Agreement is made by and between: Steven Robert Jones/Katie Pitre Jones (“Homeowner”) and _______________________ (“Guest”) effective upon accepting the conditions, terms and agreements agreed to upon initially submitting either the deposit or the full payment amount at the time of booking. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. The property is furnished and includes: refrigerator, microwave, stove/oven combo, coffee maker, toaster, silverware, dinning utensils, plates, cups, bedding, and towels.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the following persons: Name:________________________, Address:__________________ Name:_________________________Address:__________________ Name:________________________, Address___________________ Name:________________________, Address:__________________ Name:_________________________Address:__________________ Name:________________________, Address:__________________ Name:_________________________Address:__________________
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 7 non-related persons or 8 related persons with at least 3 being children. An additional charge of up to $35 per person per night for guests in addition to 2 may be applied to the cost of the stay. If extra guests are found to have spent the night without prior approval, the lease will be subject to termination immediately and no refund shall be given.
4. Term of the Lease: The lease begins at __4:00 p.m. On _______________________, 201 __ (the “Arrival Date”) and ends at 11 a.m. On ________________________________201 ___(the “Departure Date”).
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a either a one to 4 night stay depending upon the season. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods and weekends. If a guests ends up staying for less than 1 day, the guest will still be charged for the entire length of time that they reserved the property. There are no refunds, discounts or credits for late arrivals or for early departure. 6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this rental agreement at all times and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else “Guest(s)” permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property. It is the “Guest(s)” legal responsibility to inform anyone that they allow to access the property of all terms, conditions and rules regarding all/any use of the property, including use of ingress and egress to the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow “Homeowner” or any other authorized agent of the Homeowner to access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection any time. Homeowner and/or their agent shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Rental Rate and Fees: Payment is required according to the (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) Reservation Manager payment schedule. Last minute reservations are accepted but full payment is due at the time of booking. (exceptions may be made for same day bookings. Full payment is always due though access to the property shall be given. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Arrival, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately (within 15 minutes) of arrival.
9. Cancellation Policy: Cancellation policy is: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation the deposit/payment for stay will be refunded as follows: Super Strict
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance. (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)/(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) offers insurance for as little as $39 at the time of booking. You hereby acknowledge that this option has been presented to you before booking.
11. Payment: Payments must be made via the Reservation Manager payment request email or the by using the Book It Now option. Credit cards and checks are both acceptable. Checks may not be used for reservation that are less than 10 days away from the time of booking. Credit Card must be paid through the payment request email, Book It Now option or we can process payments for you by phone. For reservations more than 20 days away we may accept checks via the mail. Please make checks out to Katie Pitre Jones or Steven Robert Jones
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the cabin. Any smoking items must be extinguished and then disposed of properly. No remnants of smoking shall be left at cabin or anywhere on the grounds or surrounding areas. Any evidence of smoking in cabin or improperly disposing of cigarettes or cigars shall be cause for immediate termination of this rental agreement.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may stay overnight in the property with the prior approval of the owners. Any other person in, on, near the property or any adjacent property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guest shall not cause or allow unreasonable loud noise or activity that might disturb the comforts of other persons renting or living in the area. Homeowner or Homeowner's Authorized Agent shall notify any Guest of any excessive noise. Noise shall be kept to a minimum at all times. Special care shall be taken to be very quiet during quiet hours. Failure to respect either quiet hours (9 p.m. To 9 a.m.) or to adhere to Homeowner's/Homeowner's Authorized Agent's request to lower the noise volume shall be cause for termination of the rental agreement.
3. All of the properties are privately owned; and the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on any premises, facilities or on roads, trails or any property whatsoever. Homeowners/Homeowners Agent(s) are not responsible for any loss or damage of any kind to/of personal belongings, vehicles or valuables of the guest or any member of their party. By accepting this rental agreement it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from any use of the premises by themselves or by others in their party. Party shall be defined as any person(s) who stays overnight, visits, or accesses the property in any manner, whether such person is invited by the Guest or not.
4. Guest agrees to keep the property and all furnishings in good order (same as are when they arrived). Any damage or issue with the property must be immediately reported to the Homeowner upon Guests arrival.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval. A pet fee of up to $89 may applied to cost of stay. Failure to disclose or obtain prior permission to bring pets may result in immediate termination of the rental agreement. This includes not disclosing the correct number of pets and/or the type of pet prior to arrival. Sorry we do not refund if pets are not part of arrival party.
7. Parking: PARKING PASSES – Parking passes are located inside the unit. Renters must display parking pass in the car at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of vehicle at renter's expense. Leave the parking passes inside the unit upon departure. Parking is limited to 2 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on any road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the property for nightly or weekend rentals only, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Sorry; we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabin under any circumstances.
9. Heat: There are floor heaters. There is also a firepit outside upon request. Due to the risk of spreading the Emerald Ash Borer Beetle which kills trees, we do not allow any firewood to be brought to the properties for outdoor fires. Firewood can be purchased at the cabin. No wood other than wood bought from owners is allowed in firepit, so guest may not bring their own/or store bought wood. We spend a lot of money to make sure we have the proper wood to use. If you are found using wood other than that from owner, you will be charged for using firepit and may be asked to leave. If any damage is done due to improper wood, guest will pay for all damages. Burning Laws in Brief § (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Regulating the burning of woods, brush, etc.; penalties. No burning until after 4:00 p.m. February 15 through December 31 of each year, if the fire is in or within 300 feet of woodland, brushland or field containing dry grass or other flammable material. Fire shall not be left unattended if within 150 feet of woodland, brushland or fields containing dry grass. No new fires set or fuel added after midnight. Law applies to campfires, warming fires, brush piles, leaves, household trash, stumps, fields of broomstraw and brush or anything capable of spreading fire. The law provides for a penalty of up to $500, plus payment of court costs and fire suppression costs if the fire escapes.
10. Water and Septic: The cabin is on a well and septic systems. The water from the well is completely usable. Although, it may have a orange tint to it. It may also smell like iron. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. Please DO NOT flush any wipe or moist towelette of any kind even if it says flushable. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products or other improper material have been flushed and clog the septic system, you will be charged damages of the cost of repair.
11. Guest represents that he/she is more than 21 years old and that this entire agreement has been reviewed.
12. LEFT ITEMS: A $20.00 fee, plus shipping cost, applies to any Lost and Found items that are requested to be returned to Guests. Items found and not claimed within 30 days will be disposed of at the owner's discretion.
13. Storms: In the event that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order during a Winter Storm Warning for central western Rockingham County, Virginia, or a mandatory evacuation during a Hurricane Warning for western Rockingham County, Virginia, we will refund: Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered; Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning or Winter Storm Warning is lifted; and any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" or "Winter Storm Warning" period where a mandatory evacuation has been ordered. Mountain roads are curvy and steep. Gravel drives are rough at times; we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during in case of snow. VDOT actually plows everything but the last several hundreds yards to the cabin. The cabin is almost always accessible by car, but if you do not have 4WD or chains, we have a 4WD and would be happy to drive you to the cabin on the rare occasion when there is too much snow for you to make it. Guests are more than welcome to park on other property owned by the Homeowners if they are not able to access the cabin in their vehicle. Sorry there are no refunds due to road conditions or any other weather conditions other than what is stated above. We do not refund due to power outages.
14. ZERO TOLERANCE: Guest and the members of his/her party shall not use or permit to be brought onto the property any illegal controlled substances, firearms, or items hazardous to persons or property. Hunters are more than welcome at the property. Hunting is permitted in the national forest only. Hunting guest are allowed to take firearms to the property. Firearms are not permitted to be discharged on property other than national forest land or within 300 yards of Homeowners property even if Guest or members of their party are on national forest land. Hunting with firearms must follow the guidelines of national forest rules and regulations. If unlawful or illegal use of firearms, illegal substances, or hazardous items is found, it will result in termination of rental agreement.
Guest agrees to: Leave the premises in the same order as found; to return keys to OWNER/AGENT on departure via lockbox or being left at property and not to exceed the maximum number of people, cars, pets or other limits as agreed to herein. Water and lights must be turned off at departure. If more than the pre-approved number of people are found to occupy the premises, or excessive clean up is required additional charges for linens and maid service will be levied against the GUEST. Such determination will be made at the sole discretion of the Homeowner/Homeowner's Authorized Agent. Guest agrees to the reasonable costs of collection, including attorney fees, if necessary to collect money in the event of damage to the property. Visitors of the GUEST will be the responsibility of the Guest and must follow all the same rules as the Guest.
Also, no refund will be given for mechanical issues or other circumstances out of the owners control. Owners will fix or resolve problems within a reasonable amount of time.
Owners or owner's agent is not held responsible for any noise due to water work, road work, cable work, phone work, any utility work, or any other noise or vision pollution at our properties, other properties adjacent to owner properties, or other properties near owner properties.
By my signature below (or by checking the box at the time of payment and electronically accepting this agreement), I hereby agree to all of the payments, terms and conditions of this rental agreement. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above. I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance. The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below (or by electronically accepting this agreement).
Please Provide Copy of Driver's License now. Please also provide Make, Model, and License Plate Number of vehicle now. Not responsible for errors on the (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or Airbnb listing. The contract is the sole representation of the cabin and all information regarding how the cabin is described. Failure to sign this rental agreement before day of arrival will cancel your reservation without a refund. Failure to provide everyone's driver's licenses before arrival results in cancellation with no refund. Please read the entire contract carefully. Vehicle:_________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________ Renter(s)/Guest(s): ___________________________________________ Date: _____________________________________ Date:
No smoking, no hookahs, no excessive drinking, no beer pong or parties. Noise must be kept down whereas there are neighbors. Quiet hours are to be observed between 9 pm and 9 am.
Heat must be left on in winter months.
This host has 1271 reviews for other properties.View other reviews