This light and spacious apartment on the top floor is located on one of Amsterdam's most finest, beautiful and central spots, close to the the lively Rokin street and Dam square. The apartment has one bedroom an spacious livingroom with dining table and a nice recently renovated bathroom. Its comfort and perfect for a couple!
his is pretty much where you want to stay if you want to see beautiful Amsterdam! The location is extremely central, yet on the part of the canal that the rest of your fellow tourists do not manage to find! You will absolutely love the evening view of the canal and will find yourself staring out the window for hours on end!
The apartment is perfect for a couple and doable for 3 people. It is on the top floor of a canal house, so you will need to be able to walk the stairs, but on the other hand, the view is BREATHTAKING! A peaceful and extremely central Amsterdam canal, right out your window!
Your apartment (your's because you get the place to yourself) has everything you need for a comfortable stay! Aside from a very large king sized bed, and a beautiful and "gezellig" sitting corner for reading or just gazing out the window, all of the amenities are there :
Modern kitchen (dishwasher, etc)
Iphone stereo connection
The apartment is very well lit by natural light (especially in the mornings) and features a modern and complete kitchen with refrigerator, microwave/oven, dishwasher, and stovetop – it is a very comfortable kitchen to cook in. There are four large supermarkets in the neighborhood (5 minute walk tops, every direction), lots of lunchcafes, 2 minutes from Amsterdams best shopping streets (Kalverstraat en Leidse straat), THE theatre street (The Nes), the Rembrandtplein and Leidseplein. There is also a large supermarket in the neighborhood, and of course, the famous Nieuwmarkt (market) is very close by.
In fact, everything is close by, as it doesn't get more central than this. If you rent a bike (I have an bike rental shop for you) then within 8 minutes riding, you are in the best city neighborhoods like the pijp, the jordaan, and of course, you are already in the most beautiful neighborhood, called just "the center"
And Walking, don't even get me started : Dam Square, Nieuwmarkt, Flower market, Red Light district, old churches, shopping streets in the jordaan and PC hooft, all sorts of museums (including Anne Frank, Rijksmuseum, van Gogh, Foam photo museum, etc) -- I could go on -- but trust me, you will stumble upon cool stuff in every direction as you walk out the front door.
You will have a Amsterdam guidebook at your disposal and I will be able to help with suggestions depending on what you like – as I will personally greet you and make sure that you can stay in touch with me throughout your stay.
General house rules apply to the apartment:
- first of all: feel at home! There are some simple things we ask you that align with respect to the other people that live in the house:
- No loud music, noise or other nuisance in the apartment
- silence after 23:00 hours because the building is very sensitive to noise.
- No smoking in the apartment or in the common entrance
- No drugs
- No house parties, no persons permitted in the house except for the people who have booked (after midnight)
- For the loss of keys, we charge 20% of the security deposit
- CLEANING: We will take care of cleaning so no need to vacuum or mop the floor but please make sure that the dishes are done and the garbage has been put out on the street on the last pick up day (see information book in house) or dumped in a trash container outside