About this listing
Don't get stuck with just a cabin in the woods! Expect more from BBR. This home has it all. Enjoy state of the art surround sound, luxury furnishings, two covered decks and wonderful sun room with large casement windows on 2000 Sq ft! at cabin $$!
Excellent spot to read/write at ease while you feel as though you are nestled in the woods. Home is very comfortable and beautifully decorated. Spacious bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen. Kitchen has top of the line appliances. Kenmore Elite washer/dryer. Multiple playback devices will keep the whole family entertained. Bring your blue ray discs, connect your iPods, stream movies on Netfliz and vudu. 60 inch large screen Sony TV in living room two other Tv's in bedrooms. The double master bedroom with baths one upstairs and one on the main level is perfect for 2 couples or a family of four. A bonus computer room can be used for work or play or as an extra place to sleep. Very comfortable queen size inflatable mattress is available. You will feel so comfortable in this mountain retreat that you'll never want to leave. The scenery is breathtaking. Unlike many mountain cabin homes in the area which are beautiful but remote and rugged, Black Bear combines privacy with easy access to the home and to all the town of Black Mountain and the Blue Ridge has to offer. The home is within town limits and has paved all weather access roads. The Sun room is light and bright. The best place enjoy a wonderful view of the surrounding woods, mountains, and wild life. Two Skylights with motorized shades let the sunshine in and keep things warm and bright in the fall and winter months. Two large covered decks on two floors allow you to enjoy the natural beauty or sit in a rocking chair sipping a bottle of wine and watching the sun go down over the mountain horizon.
There is a computer room upstairs with a printer and wifi access throughout the home. There is also voip phone service with phone next to upstairs computer. Extra room in basement for the kids or extra guest. Very comfortable double queen inflatable mattress also available if you are more than 4. The garage is two car and RV's hitches and trailers can park up front plenty of room.
Interaction with guests
We are always available via email and phone call.
Pet friendly but not all pets allowed. Submit your pet request and it will be considered additional pet fee will be required.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. EST AND CHECK OUT IS 11 A.M. EST. NO Early Check-ins.
2. This is a NON SMOKING home.
3. Pets are permitted only with prior approval. $75 per pet fee applies. All pets must be leashes at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and tick are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The cabin owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
4. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 21 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
An additional damage deposit may be required. This deposit may be in additional to any insurance provided by AirBNB. If a claim is made against the policy, the guest agrees to cooperate to allow the claim to be filed properly. Excess security deposit after claims made are paid in full will be returned within 14 days after a claim is accepted. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers in garage, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. One load of laundry is started.
d. All keys are left in the lock box and home is left locked.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
g. NO Early check-in or late check out.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 persons. An additional charge or $10.00 per person per night for guests in addition to four (4) will be assessed.
THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY; 3 nights during peak and holiday seasons.
5. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than two days, the guest will be charged the two-night rate.
6. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include free wifi internet, domestic long distance and basic cable or tv internet streaming services and a one-time linen-towel setup. Internet service, long distance voip service, stereo surround, computer access and cable tv are amenities provided for convenience only and are not guaranteed for rental.
7. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. If you wish to participate in water activities, we suggest you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the home.
8. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
9. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
10. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
11. Parking – Off Street garage Parking is available. RV or Boat parking permitted in front of home. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
12. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms. The home is located on a fully paved all weather road.
13. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
14. By making your reservation online, you understand that you are making your reservation and accept the terms and conditions (in lieu of your signature) found in this agreement. By sending a check to Edward F. De Varona or by giving your Credit Card information our ebill information one of our representatives to book your reservation dates with us, you are agreeing to all of these Terms & Conditions.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a licensed attorney and real estate consultant/Realtor. I am 49 years old. My wife and I have been married 16 years. I am self employed and enjoy considerable scheduling flexibility. We like to get away on long weekends. Because of the kids, school the longer trips have to wait until summer. There is also some time for us on spring break in March or Winter break in December to travel. We enjoy traveling to new places in our small RV. We have three beautiful daughters ages 24,15 and 13. The girls are very friendly and enjoy exploring new surroundings. We enjoy the great outdoors but also enjoy museums and touring new cities. This home is available on short notice.