Come stay in our home that was built in 1896. We have made several updates while keeping most of the charm and beautiful woodwork. Plenty of free street parking.
The home is on two floors and offers over 2000 sq. ft. to spread out and relax.
2000 square foot home has 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms, including a master suite den, entertainment room, entry room, a library and dining room. Although the home retains much of its original beauty & charm it has been renovated to include modern conveniences. Renovations include all new stainless appliances & updated baths.
1) Kitchen - New appliances with access to all of the essentials you would need for a vacation as well as to prepare meals at the house. Tons of counter space as well as a breakfast table.
2) Dining Room - Enjoy a formal meal and seat 8 at the dining room table across from the kitchen.
3) Living Room - Large 60 inch LED TV to watch Directv while relaxing on the comfortable sectional sofa.
4) Bedrooms/Bathrooms - All main bedrooms are on the 2nd Floor - Queen Bed (Master), Queen Bed (Guest 1) & Bunk Bed with a Single and Full Futon (Guest 2). The 1st floor bathroom has a huge full size tub perfect for soaking after a long day of exploring Chicago! The second floor bathroom is located in the middle of the hallway it is small with a sink, toilet and a shower.
5) Laundry - Is available by request. The Laundry room is located in the basement which is a shared rented space.
6) Outdoor - The backyard is enclosed and depending on the season will have a fire-pit with seating, picnic table & a propane BBQ available for use.
7) Library - The library can be a space to read and relax or upon request can be used as an additional bedroom with a luxury queen air mattress.
The master closet 2nd Floor and Office 1st Floor will be locked with our private storage but all other indoor areas on the 1st and 2nd floor will be accessible. Please just respect our personal belongings & space while you are enjoying your stay in our home.
The basement is used as an office and evening meeting space by a local church. The Laundry room is located in the basement. This can be made available by request.
The outdoor garage will be locked.
Interaction with guests
I am available to answer any questions you have about the home as well as things to do in Chicago.
Other things to note
Our home is located in a walking neighborhood. We are an easy 16 min walk to the Logan Square Blue Line Station. We have a grocery store at the end of our block. We have several restaurants and a movie theater within walking distance.
.08 mile to the Logan Square Blue Line Stop
1.5 miles from the "Kennedy Expressway" I-94
6 miles from Downtown Chicago
11.2 miles from O'hare Airport
11.6 miles from Midway Airport
5 miles from the Lake Front
License or registration numberR17000015425
Learn about this field
Please No Smoking in the home or on the grounds. Your use is limited to the amount of guests you have booked, no visitors or parties without pre approval. As you can see in the pictures our home is well kept and well taken care of. We ask that you show the same courtesy. When we travel as a family we know finding a place to stay can be hard and expensive. We are offering our home to help you and your family enjoy Chicago. Please take great care of it so we can offer it again to you when you visit as well as to other families in the future.
We love to cook when we are on vacation for that reason please feel free to use our kitchen, we ask that you clean what you use and put things back where you found them. Please remove all food you bring into the home upon your departure.
Enjoying watching Directv. Read the guide on the coffee table for instructions on how to turn on/off the different components.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
I am a husband and a father. I love traveling to beaches and mountains. Since moving into the city I have learned to enjoy exploring the urban environment.
I believe in leaving things better than when I found them and I also believe that you can only change yourself.