A lovely cottage in the centre of a small village (Groesfaen) - a nice 15 minute drive from Cardiff. Just minutes off the M4, and 5 minutes from shopping centre with M&S, Tesco. Welcome pack provided. Great village pub & Miskin Manor & Vale Hotel nearby. Wood burning stove in living room. One full double bedroom, another bedroom has a sofa that converts to a single, as well as a comfy 4ft mattress in a dormer window, with another folding double bed downstairs if needed. Best for 4 or 5 people.
A cute cottage in a village setting yet a few minutes from the M4, a large shopping centre (Talbot Green) and 8 miles, 15 minutes drive, from Cardiff. A village pub across the road with great food. Miskin Manor and the Miskin Arms are lovely upmarket options nearby for coffee, afternoon tea, food & drinks. Many public footpaths from village for nice walks. A private small garden with seating. We have a wood burning stove for cosy evenings. A new bathroom with shower. Separate dining room.
Two castles (Caerphilly and Castell Coch) are both around 20 minutes from the house. Beaches in Southerndown, Monknash, Porthcawl and Ogmore by Sea (Horse riding on the beach) are nearby.
We supply tea, coffee, sugar, milk and butter along with basic condiments too, for your convenience.
Interaction with guests
You let yourself in via a key safe, or we may let you in. We live in Cardiff and can help at any time with questions. Just message us. Happy to call by if it helps you.
Other things to note
Please take care on wooden stairs.
No candles please for fire safety.
No parties at all, or loud noises in house or garden please.
Just respect our neighbours please.
In the second bedroom the double bed is in the window recess. See photos. This is best for adventurous sleepers! But you can stargaze from this bed, a lovely experience!
There is an extra double folding bed in the dining room. To open it out you need to move the dining table to the corner. Bedding for all beds is in the grey coffee table in the living room. Another folding single bed is possible in the living room, just ask if you want us to provide that. Or beds can be swapped to retain use of dining room. See photos.
We are open to offers and accept £750 for 2 week stays for small groups or families.
- This is a quiet house. No parties or loud noises in house or garden area please.
- No candles for fire safety.
- All trace of any pets to be cleared before you leave please.
- It may be unsuitable for small children due to easy access to the velux window in one bedroom and due to the wooden stairs.
- There is a lock on the velux window - please use if you have children
- One bed is in a dormer window - see photos. Many people love this bed, but do not book if you are unsure of this bed. A single futon bed can be made up there too.
- We have made up a single bed in dining room in the past, this retains its use as an eating area too.
- We have also used the folding double bed as a spare, either in living or dining room, folding up each night, see photos.
- Respect all neighbours please.
This host has 289 reviews for other properties.View other reviews