About this listing
Share a grand space in a newly renovated historic house with a kitchen and dining/library room, enclosed side porch, breakfast room, two full baths and laundry facilities. The house works as a cooperative with up to five independent residents. One of two rooms on the THIRD floor of the house. The bed is twin-sized, has a closet, fan provided for temp. control, and has a small dresser for wardrobe. There is common space on the third floor as well!
Share a grand space in a newly renovated historic house with a kitchen and dining/library room, enclosed side porch, breakfast room, two full baths and laundry facilities. The house works as a cooperative with up to five independent residents.
The entire house is available to guests with the exception of the basement. It is not finished so it could be dangerous. I only ask that you be respectful of the space and observe the golden rule.
Interaction with guests
Guests are always welcome to message/text me with questions or concerns. As of mid-May, I will be living in the house so I will be around!
The house is located in a transitional neighborhood. We are located in a historic art neighborhood district but we do occasionally experience solicitors and peddlers. Just like anywhere else you would stay, be cautious and observant.
The bus stop on the same side of the house will take you downtown. The bus numbers are 31 and 64. OTR (Over the Rhine) is about 4 min. away (by car) via Central Pkwy and W McMicken Ave. OTR is where you'll find incredible restaurants and bars. Below I have included a list of my personal favorites.
* Feel free to ask me in person when you check in if you have any questions too! I would say downtown is about 7-9 minutes away (by car).
-MOTR Pub- My favorite bar. You'll almost always see me there! They have live music almost every night and a very cozy atmosphere.
- 16 Bit- An authentic arcade bar 1331 Walnut St, Cincinnati, OH 45202
-Japps- Iconic for beautifully crafted cocktails. The owner, Molly Wellman is a friend and pretty much a Cincinnati celebrity. She owns Japps, Neons, and Myrtle's Punchouse located in Walnut Hills
-Eli's BBQ - Amazing BBQ. Findlay Market and 3313 Riverside Drive are the two locations.
-Gomez Salsa, 107 East 12th Street
-Quan Hapa- Vietnamese, Vine Street.
-The Senate- Gourmet hotdogs and incredible lobster mac and cheese. Located on Vine Street.
-Bakersfield- my all time favorite for small tacos. They have incredible margaritas as well. 1213 Vine Street.
-The Mercer- a little more fancy but amazing food. 1324 Vine Street
- Music Hall
- Washington Park and dog park
- Cincinnati Art Museum
Hey everyone! I'll try and make this quick:
Observe the golden rule- please consider others living in the house especially about sharing bathrooms and kitchen areas. Be conscientious about cleaning up after yourself.
1. No smoking inside the house. Please smoke outside if needed.
2. Drug use is prohibited inside and outside the house. I don't mind if you have alcohol but don't be crazy about it. No one likes loud neighbors.
3. The front door must be secured at all times. When you enter the house, please make sure you locked it. When you leave the house, double check the door handle.
Heating and cooling temperatures are programmed and can't be changed without permission. You can always send me a text and ask, I would appreciate that. These are always temporary, I will readjust if need be.
winter: maximum 67
(Any supplemental heater must be approved of before use.)
summer: maximum 75
*** Be conscientious about conserving energy
Turn off lights especially overnight/ in rooms not being used.
Windows must be fully closed and locked when heat or air-conditioning is running. But of course, feel free to open windows when you're in your rooms. Just remember to close them when you leave.
-must be kept free of clutter
Kitchen and breakfast room
- use your assigned pantry for food storage
- anything refrigerated must be initialed and dated. This is important because I hate throwing away good food, so please do this!
- Wash and put away dishes promptly
- Tote supplies (use common courtesy for storing/drying anything)
The laundry facility is a privilege.
use only if there is enough for a full load (dry HE detergent only)
- These floors are awesome, right? Please do your best to avoid scratching it and pick up chairs instead of dragging them if possible. This will be much appreciated! Plus, I do check rooms carefully so if there are new scratches that I've never seen, I will contact AirBnb for monetary compensation to repair anything.
Overnight Visitors/ Guests must have permission from Landlord (Kavita) to stay at the house. If I approve a guest, please keep in mind that if damages are found, or items are lost/stolen. I will notify airbnb and file for a fee to be processed. Basically, you're responsible for your guest.
Thank you! This is a very old house, respect the space and respect the house.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 122 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hello! I'm a pre-business major at the University of Cincinnati and became a host on AirBnb in February. It's been an incredible process meeting people from all over the world that come to the Queen City. My city has a lot to offer and I want people to enjoy it wherever they're from.